Lastchance

Cop dumps quadrapelegic out of wheelchair

There is a HUGE potential legal outcome. This is a 1983 action, and some pretty good evidence to support it. This guy's civil rights were violated.

Politically, however, there is little hay to make with this one.

It's an example of why I fear police involvement with anything. And why people who don't worry about police abuses don't seem to see the big picture (In my opinion).

Not even that poor retired teacher guy in New Orleans got justice, and it was all over TV and other media.........nothing will become of it.[:/]

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

I certainly am surprised an ambulance chaser to be has no issues with some potential income....

but I guess you think the police state is better for America:S

I won't have a FL license. Ergo I don't give a shit.

You have the makings of a GREAT lawyer.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

That wasn't a cop, that was a jailer. Different licenses, different training and different jobs completely.

That's like calling a manifester a rigger. Sure they're both on the DZ and they both make the DZ happen, but they're not the same thing.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Not to split hairs, but she had similar duties and authority in the prison and is considered a sworn officer under the sheriff. In the paper today, she claims that she did nothing wrong and an investigation is ongoing. Be interesting to see how it develops. The victim wants the Fl Governor to get involved and generating a lot of publicity.
Dano

but she had similar duties

Nope.

authority in the prison

Yup.

is considered a sworn officer under the sheriff

Sure, to a point. Jailers aren't even licensed in many states to carry a firearm, except for a special license of jailer as a transport deputy. Its seriously along the same lines of referencing a non-skydiving high school manifest chick as a highly trained AFF instructor. Sure they both work for the DZO and the manifestor does have some authority on the DZ, but its still not splitting hairs. ;)

Although I agree with you it will be interesting to see what happens. What was done, as it appears and it was reported by the media, is obviously wrong. Then again, there's a reason why Fark has a Florida tag.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."