RkyMtnHigh

Does this clip make you want to become a vegetarian?

The one you posted about predatory animals.. while the puppy pics are very cute... have you ever seen how THEY kill THEIR FOOD.......I have... and I am not talking about watching it on National Geographic.

I have travelled to places where man is not necessarily at the top of the food chain Seeing an apex predator... only a few scant yards from you with no fences and only the weapon you are carrying between him and you being FOOD... is an interesting.... bone chilling experience.

Nature really is one hell of a bitch

I'm a life long hunter and have lost count of the number of animals I have killed and cleaned, the video didn't really phase me at all. I kept waiting for the shocking part in that video and it never came.
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson

I agree I was sadden by the clip however.........

that was probably more due to the emotive music and the juxtoposistion of new born animals with in the 2nd clip:D:D:D. yeah there's a balanced view point for us to consider:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

No where in nature ... are herbivores at the top of the food chain...

Food chain. Pseudo-science for simple minds.

Humans are the dominant species on Earth (as far as we know :P ) for the simple reasons that we've got decent-sized brains and are good with our hands. It has nothing to do with what great hunters we are - in fact scavengers typically fair much better than alpha-hunters in the evolution of life. And humans are pretty good scavengers.

Take humans out of the equation. Gorillas don't have any natural predators - they are vegetarians. Elephants - no natural predators - vegetarians. Sure, a few scavengers will take babies of any species, or a hungry carnivore will eat an already dead mammal, or even kill a severely weakened one. That doesn't make the carnivore higher on the "food chain", any more than it makes worms higher than humans because they'll eat your rotting corpse.

Species dominance and eating habits are simply not related.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Does this clip make you want to become a vegetarian? or stop eating fast food?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTpZJSDRf6s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-uFnl5MOw&feature=related

First one makes me want a burger.

Second one is pure propaganda, and I've grown pretty immune to such. So I still want a burger.

What actually makes me want to eat less meat is the environmental issues with it.

I'm lovin it....

that is why there are so many fat americans....
more on junk food then education.... says it all!!!!

I am curious as to why these food prosessing places are ok to continue hiring iliegal immOgrants.. corupttion

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm a life long hunter and have lost count of the number of animals I have killed and cleaned, the video didn't really phase me at all. I kept waiting for the shocking part in that video and it never came.

Exactly, I abhor animal cruelty in any form>:(, but responsible harvesting and eating of meat is fine by me.

I abhor animal cruelty in any form, but responsible harvesting and eating of meat is fine by me

. Yep. What happens to an animal after it's dead doesn't matter to the animal any more. Just don't throw out parts and pieces, and treat it respectfully (quality of life) before it's dead.

Free range eggs & meat. Hunting is fine. Environmentally conscious farming. Meat is fine. But, well, I probably eat more veggies because I like them, too.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Nope I like meat, enjoy hunting, making my own sausage.

What does bother me is really bad spelling... :S

"The majority of these victims are untrained, exploited immogrants"

"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I abhor animal cruelty in any form, but responsible harvesting and eating of meat is fine by me.

Since you abhor animal cruelty, do you only eat such meat which has been "harvested responsibly".

What is your definition of "responsible harvesting"?

The irony is I agree with your statement (so long as your definition of "responsible harvesting" equals mine) and thus I choose to limit what & how much meat and/or animal products I will eat and am rather picky about where said products come from.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Well, you could read the book instead.

Uh Professor.. this IS SPEAKERS CORNER

I went with the medium that they might actually try:D

i was actually think of reading the book instead before john suggested it. that's twice in 2 days we've been in agreement. something very strange is going on here.:o:o:o:P

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Does this clip make you want to become a vegetarian? or stop eating fast food?

I voted yes, though I've been a vegetarian for 4-5 years now. And I'm a much heathier and happier person for making the change.

Plus, it's sort of nice knowing I am no longer a significant contributor to the incomprehensibly vast amount of animal suffering that occurs thanks to our fat-assed, unhealthy nation's lust for meat.

"Responsible" meat eating is fine by me, but it sure is disgusting seeing so many people right in this thread make light of such a large scale problem in terms of animal suffering. It's the height of low compassion and unenlightenment.

. . =(_8^(1)

It's the height of low compassion and unenlightenment.

In my life the greatest hostility from another I've been on the receiving end of is always related to my meat & dairy restrictions. It baffles me the mere knowledge of this choice of mine quite literally offends some people. :S
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Well, you could read the book instead.

Uh Professor.. this IS SPEAKERS CORNER

I went with the medium that they might actually try:D

Are you trying to say that we have short atten.... hey, look!!!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706