namgrunt

FEELING MANUPILATED?

I appreciate the link, thanks. I don't necessarily agree with the *scope* of what they are claiming, but, as stated in your original post, people of faith have always tried to bring their views to the fore...as do non-religious people. A lot of the 'congressional abuses' they show happen on both sides of the aisle - it appears that both sides have learned from the other.

Are you equally willing to read?

http://www.crossroad.to/Excerpts/chronologies/nea.htm

http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/SovietEd.htm

"The Protestant Ethic will atrophy as more and more enjoy varied leisure and guaranteed sustenance.... Most people will tend to be hedonistic..." [2] Behavioral Science Teacher Education Program (B-STEP), Department of Health, Education and Welfare, 1969.

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

If your links are anything to go by, you're both paranoid.

No, I don't think so - I *can* see at least some of the changes that her links talk about (of course, it happens on both sides of the aisle and I don't agree with the scale of the problem her source alludes to).

On the link I provided, I remember seeing several of the changes in methods of teaching and curriculum as I went through school, so I have at least a little knowledge of it.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

There is a some truth in both, yes, but they both go to some extremes as well.

Yours a lot more than hers, of course, which is to be expected from a religious propaganda site (funnily enough, that's the opposite of your usual comparitive hysteria levels).
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Mike I noticed on your site that there are no references after 1993.... as opposed to all of mine which start at about that time period.. and contiue unabated to this day. AS I said before there had been a concerted effort of the religious right to take over school boards and push their agenda.. including the firing of teachers who do not want to teach the curricula the religious right wants to push. I will NEVER condone the teaching of religion in public schools in ANY form.. if you want a religious education such as I had.. you need to go to a faith based school. and NO.. the taxpayers do NOT have to support your idea of education in religion