pop

Fuck you American healthcare system

I agree with you that our 'system' sucks. (Though we really don't have a healthcare system.)

But I can't say your experience is really an example that really shows why it's not working.
"Any language where the unassuming word fly signifies an annoying insect, a means of travel, and a critical part of a gentleman's apparel is clearly asking to be mangled."

So you (and the government in New Zealand) consider discrimination by skin color "bad" (or illegal), but discrimination by origin (i.e. where they are from) is fine?

No, discrimination is not fine, it is bad.

classifying someone by thier origin ie. us citizen, russian citizen, New Zealand citizen.....

That is not discrimination. Defining people by skin colour is discrimination.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

classifying someone by thier origin ie. us citizen, russian citizen, New Zealand citizen.....

Raises too many questions: how'd you know? How will you classify people with several citizenships (I personally have two, and might get third in couple of years, and I know a person who've got five - all legal, of course)?

And how could origin depend on citizenship? If I move to NZ at the age 65, and become a citizen, will my origin change to New Zealandian?

No, discrimination is not fine, it is bad.
That is not discrimination. Defining people by skin colour is discrimination.

I'm afraid you're mixing up discrimination and illegal discrimination.

Discrimination itself, as a "the act, practice, or an instance of discriminating categorically rather than individually" is not necessary illegal. The law states which kind of discrimination is allowed, and which is not. For example, New Zealand law discriminates by citizenship who gets free healthcare and who doesn't. So:

- Discrimination is widespread and common in our life. For example, if you're poor, you cannot avoid a home or rent in a good neighborhood. Is it discrimination? Obviously. Is it illegal? Not.

- The law excpicitly sets which kind of discrimination is illegal. For example, in USA generally you are not allowed discriminate by race, origin or immigration status when you're renting your house. However you are allowed to discriminate by income by setting a very high rent, or (in some states) by sexual orientation. If you're looking to hire an employee, you cannot discriminate by age or martial status, but can discriminate by experience, special skills and availability (like "need to work 3 nights a month").

- New Zealand actually discriminates a lot. Just look on the immigration requirements.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

I suddenly felt really dizzy, the ground gave way, and I found myself collapsing unto the ground. I stumbled back to the car, waited a bit, and drove home. I then had my roommate take me to the emergency room to see what’s problem. There I was told it will take 6-8 hours to see a doctor.
I waited for 4 hours, but couldn’t handle sitting up any more, so I ended up just leaving, so I can go lie down in a bed. Needless to say I never got to see the doctor. So here is a big fuck you, privatized American healthcare system.

Why blame Americans? It's more fun to blame the French. :P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.