pop

Fuck you American healthcare system

I have more skydives than you!

I have instructed more students than you!

I have packed more reserve-saves than you!

Does that help? What difference does it make to the argument at hand as to whether I have 10 or 10,000 skydives?

Fourhundred+ posts after your initial contribution, the take-away lesson is that PIGS WILL LEARN TO SING before any of the hardcore Americans will ever admit to anything being remotedly wrong in this glorious country of theirs.

Remember the Titanic?

P.S.: Good news is that according to a recent study, by 2020 fifteen % of the American population will be foreign-born. So there is some hope for reason and rationale.

Touche. You seem awfully brave insulting us while hiding behind the anonymity of no profile.

The number of skydives that you have IS irrelevant to the argument.

But country of origin isn't.

If you're not only insulting the American healthcare system, but also the intelligence of Americans. But, speaking of which, IF you had READ, some of the 400+ posts, you would have seen that, counter to your statement, there are MANY that find fault with how the system is. But the problem is in HOW to fix it. We don't want to just blindly follow ways that AREN'T working. We WANT to use reason and rationale to have a system that is FAIR and NON-JUDGMENTAL (like the NZ Healthcare system, with the beaurecrats judging whether you deserve your dialysis based on whether a doctor THINKS you're worth the expense ie - just gonna die anyway.)

Again, I'll say, just so that its harder to miss:

OUR HEALTHCARE SYSTEM IS BROKE.

But.... I assure you, our intelligence is not.

and ftr, however many jumps you have.... you're still not arguing the point of the debate.

have more skydives than you!

Does that help? What difference does it make to the argument at hand as to whether I have 10 or 10,000 skydives?

No. I want to know from which country you choose to insult us.

I am as American as you are.

However, I was born in the European Union (EU).

Does that help?

have more skydives than you!

No. I want to know from which country you choose to insult us.

>and the one prior?

The point:

We are the RESULT of European systems of thought and philosophy. We aren't just "like them" we were BASED on them - and most of our ancestors came from there. Denying that is somewhat foolish, akin to claiming that margaritas, hamburgers, Budweiser, representative government, inherent human rights etc are purely american inventions.

>and the one prior?

The point:

We are the RESULT of European systems of thought and philosophy. We aren't just "like them" we were BASED on them - and most of our ancestors came from there. Denying that is somewhat foolish, akin to claiming that margaritas, hamburgers, Budweiser, representative government, inherent human rights etc are purely american inventions.

Started from there? Yes. that is where it ends and I still dont understand why you want to twist my meanings.

You love the way they live and their freedoms? Move
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The EU is pretty interesting. A bunch of independent nation states (like the 50 nifty Unired States); who are guaranteed freedom of movement (much like the Privileges and Immunities Clause of the US Constitution), freedom of trade and service (like interstate commerce). They even have a unified currency now (like the greenback dollar). And unified policies.

Isn't it amazing that it only took a couple hundred years for Europe (the most advanced and civilized of all continents) to start doing what the US has been doing?

Maybe in another couple of hundred years, there will be fredom of speech, freedom against unwarranted searches and seizures, etc...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>You love the way they live and their freedoms? Move

You want a pure american culture? Move to a reservation. That way you will avoid all those horrible European philosophies/foods/traditions that, together, make up US culture.

I am an American. I avoid nothing

I have never said anybody is horrible. Another push on your part.

I AM American. Of that I am proud. I respect and tolerate others but I will not ask any American to change because I think they should.

Aagin, move if you dont like it
Abraham Lincoln

>I AM American. Of that I am proud.

Sorry, I was using the wrong level of discourse. How about this:

Tell me Marc, what did you just acomplish by this post? Europens arent dumb. We came form over there, so we ARE like them. Too bad you aer too 'proud' to see that.

>You love the way they live and their freedoms? Move

You want a pure american culture? Move to a reservation. That way you will avoid all those horrible European philosophies/foods/traditions that, together, make up US culture.

Actually I have been on some of the reservations.

There weren't any in Wisconsin where I was raised. . . . but when I was a Big Sister, I had the opportunity to visit Pine Ridge in South Dakota. This was a change from the middle class (even lower middle class) environment that I was used to.

It is an "American Culture." But not "The" American culture that is shown in all the movies and stereotypes.

edit to add: To keep it more topic related: Healthcare on the reservations is HORRIBLE by "modern medicine" standards. Limited ob care and high risk patients (lots of problems with gestational diabetes).... but that is more a cultural belief issue than an availability issue. Their beliefs are that being pregnant does not equate to being sick... they go to the doctor when they are sick. So no prenatal care is the normal.

So.... if that what some of the others meant by American Healthcare... I would argue "HOW CULTURALLY INSENSITIVE!"

Tell me Marc, what did you just acomplish by this post? Europens arent dumb. We came form over there, so we ARE like them. Too bad you aer too 'proud' to see that.

Once again you twist meaning to do what?, hell I have no clue what the hell you are trying to do.

Europens are entitled to thier culture, beliefs and politics. You want to push it over US culture, beliefs and poltics? If so why/ You like it better?
Fine, move (I only make and assumption here). I want to keep US culture custome beleifs and politics.

Why do you call them (Europens)dumb? I dont! You should stop insultling others
Abraham Lincoln

I respect and tolerate others but I will not ask any American to change because I think they should.

Tell us:

Do you think all US citizens should be able to speak English?

Do you agree that gays/lesbians should be able to marry one another as they see fit, and receive the same legal benefits from those marriages as heterosexual married couples receive?

Do you think atheists should stop trying to keep Christianity (or any other religion) completely separate from government?

Did you ever post on DZ.com any comments reflecting an opinion that you thought Cindy Sheehan should stop protesting the war in Iraq?
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Once again you twist meaning to do what?, hell I have no clue what the hell you are trying to do.

That's twice in 15 minutes you accuse others of twisting your words.

Has it occurred to you that that fault may be yours? Has it occurred to you that if you spent a little more time thinking what you are going to write instead of just pounding out the first thought to enter your head, your posts might make more sense to the readers?

Just trying to be helpful.:)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I respect and tolerate others but I will not ask any American to change because I think they should.

Tell us:

Do you think all US citizens should be able to speak English?Yes

Do you agree that gays/lesbians should be able to marry one another as they see fit, and receive the same legal benefits from those marriages as heterosexual married couples receive?Yes, throug a civil union

Do you think atheists should stop trying to keep Christianity (or any other religion) completely separate from government?Yes, as the constitution intended. Not under the current bs interpitation

Did you ever post on DZ.com any comments reflecting an opinion that you thought Cindy Sheehan should stop protesting the war in Iraq?

No, I say she was a nut job and was being used by the left until she was of no more use to them

Next
Abraham Lincoln

Has it occurred to you that that fault may be yours? Has it occurred to you that if you spent a little more time thinking what you are going to write instead of just pounding out the first thought to enter your head, your posts might make more sense to the readers?

Not when it maninly happens with you and billvon:o:S:|
Abraham Lincoln

Tell us:

Do you see the inconsistency here? I do.

Tell us:

there is none. If you want to become a citizen lear n the language. Doing this insures the persons best chance to succeed and assimilate and keeps them off the welfare roles. This also keeps the cost down of gov by eliminating different language needs.

So, if you dont like it, dont apply.

I would expect to do the same should I move somehere else
Abraham Lincoln

Talk about thread devolution.

It really is a fast moving sucker too; too quick for me to keep up with.

Got a good running start to break the Christian-And-Proud-Of-It record, heh?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Not when it maninly happens with you and billvon:o:S:|

QED

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Tell us:

there is none. If you want to become a citizen lear n the language. Doing this insures the persons best chance to succeed and assimilate and keeps them off the welfare roles. This also keeps the cost down of gov by eliminating different language needs.

We're not talking about people who want to become citizens. We're talking about people who are citizens.

Tell us:

We're not talking about people who want to become citizens. We're talking about people who are citizens.

How would that happen if thier parents came here properly/leagally? answer, it wouldnt. Point reamains, learn the language
Abraham Lincoln

I want free Veterinary care. Save the Kittehs!

At least the critters really ARE dependent on us for their healthcare. You'd think that we 'higher functioning' animals could do better.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Suffice it to say that my country, the EU, objects to torture, imprisonement w/o due process, or, for example, undue collection of vast amounts of personal data.

Can you say the same about your country?

P.S.: Martin Niemoeller: "In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up.”

The EU is pretty interesting. A bunch of independent nation states (like the 50 nifty Unired States); who are guaranteed freedom of movement (much like the Privileges and Immunities Clause of the US Constitution), freedom of trade and service (like interstate commerce). They even have a unified currency now (like the greenback dollar). And unified policies.

Isn't it amazing that it only took a couple hundred years for Europe (the most advanced and civilized of all continents) to start doing what the US has been doing?

Maybe in another couple of hundred years, there will be fredom of speech, freedom against unwarranted searches and seizures, etc...