pop

Fuck you American healthcare system

I live in a predominantly white suburban area about 10 minutes from NASA. I also have full medical coverage. Last night I drove down the street to get some food, and while in the parking lot, I suddenly felt really dizzy, the ground gave way, and I found myself collapsing unto the ground. I stumbled back to the car, waited a bit, and drove home. I then had my roommate take me to the emergency room to see what’s problem. There I was told it will take 6-8 hours to see a doctor.
I waited for 4 hours, but couldn’t handle sitting up any more, so I ended up just leaving, so I can go lie down in a bed. Needless to say I never got to see the doctor. So here is a big fuck you, privatized American healthcare system. Next time I have an emergency I am going back to Canada, where I never had to wait more than 2 hours to get FREE help.
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

It's not free; It's just paid for differently.

By people paying taxes, much like I still have to pay something out of my pay check for the private insurance I have here.

That's what you get when people (not you) go to the emergency room for non-emergent care.

Also see rants from our various resident Docs about how people bitch and moan about being unable to make co-pays or deductibles while sporting the latest flashy cell phone or manicure.

Thank you, womb-to-tomb Nannystate.gov....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

By people paying taxes, much like I still have to pay something out of my pay check for the private insurance I have here.

That's the same *non*-free system that has people coming to the States to get treatment that they're denied there, right?

Once the government is in charge of it, they can ration it...as is starting to be seen in many places that have socialized medicine.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

That's the same *non*-free system that has people coming to the States to get treatment that they're denied there, right?

Once the government is in charge of it, they can ration it...as is starting to be seen in many places that have socialized medicine.

In this case this has nothing to do with free, or not free, having insurance, or not. 8 hour wait to see an emergency doctor on a Monday evening is simply rediculous!

Chances are there were people in the Urgent Care center who had sucking chest wounds, gunshot wounds, or caved in skulls...these cases trump lightheadedness in terms of priority.

Send me a case of Molson, eh?
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

More than likely nothing more than bad timing. Im sure the doctors weren't in the back room playing monoploy. They obviously had more urgent cases than yours to deal with. So dismount from your high horse and find a northbound interstate to Canada, eh.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

I am going back to Canada, where I never had to wait more than 2 hours to get FREE help.

Do you need directions to find your way there? I will send you a buddy pass.

get FREE help.

I love how people say it is free. Who do you think is paying for it? It sounds like you dont care who is paying for it as long as it is not you.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

In this case this has nothing to do with free, or not free, having insurance, or not. 8 hour wait to see an emergency doctor on a Monday evening is simply rediculous!

Then why this?:

"Next time I have an emergency I am going back to Canada, where I never had to wait more than 2 hours to get FREE help."
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Also, feel free to send me any guns/ammo you can no longer own legally in Canada.

(There, I got guns into this thread, Bitches!!)

I'd send them to you, but I dont own any here either :PB|

Some emergency rooms are really busy most of the time so just go to another one.

In Septemberr I ended up in the emergency room for the most intense pain in my abdomin that I have ever had. First hospital took 45 minutes to have a nurse do a quick exam and I was told it would be 3-4 hours to be seen by a doctor. I went to another hospital, I was seen by a nurse in 15 minutes and after the quick exam I had 6 doctors (or assitants) working on me. At that point my heart rate was 37 beats per minute and they thought my heart might stop. After 8 hours they could not figure out what had happened but I never had any other issues.
Kirk

Then why this?:

"Next time I have an emergency I am going back to Canada, where I never had to wait more than 2 hours to get FREE help."

Because two hours is better than eight, and the rooms arent filled with illigal mexicans.

OK. Quit being so sanctimonious and grow up.

One or two doctors for how many patients that night? Two hundred? More? And even the minor "cold" that is in there has to be looked at and charted on and confirmed that it really isn't pneumonia or rocky mtn spotted fever or plague.

I know both sides of the bed.

Last month, I waited 6 hours in the urgent care/ER for an obviously deformed extremity before I saw a dr. I wasn't in horrible pain, I wasn't bleeding out, I didn't have chest pain. I waited.

If you want "emergency" care, there are how many others sitting there demanding that convenience too. If you don't need it, schedule an appt with your primary care doctor.

Yes, you'll likely have to wait a week or so for that visit, but you won't be waiting hrs in the ER.

You've drawn your whole opinion on the American Healthcare System on just one ER visit?:S

No just comapring my emergency room experiences in this country to the emergency room experiences in others.

Next time call for an ambulance. There is no wait then - you go right on in.

Yeah....but I certainly wouldn't make someone who had an episode of syncope wait. He should've been moved toward the front of the line...before the people with non-emergent visits. That's what triage is for. Folks with coughs and colds are the ones who should have the long waits, imho.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail