Nightingale

The Golden Compass

I saw this movie on Saturday! Loved it! Anyone else seen it yet? I've just gone out and gotten the books.

Haven't seen it yet, the books are brilliant though so I am going to try and get to the cinema some time soon.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I had a friend in Ohio when I was stationed there and her father ran a big game farm. The first time we went to visit him at the farm.... I was walking towoard the house... and out of the corner of my eye was this kewt little playfull......300 pound tigger kitten that came bounding at me.. wanting to play...:S:S

skeered me for a few seconds as it knocked me over and started licking me;)

I'm interested that so many people enjoyed it.

I'm curious how the religious aspect of it was. I hear the books are thicker into the religious side of it but that the movie softened it some or made it less obvious.

Anyone out there religious and liked it? Any religious folks letting/encouraging your kids to see it?

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

The movie wasn't religious at all. The magesterium is presented as a corrupt and controlling government, not a church.

Well, they did say the took out direct references. But the books are very anti-Christ. Let me know what you think of the religious aspect of the book.

No, I have not read nor seen the movie. Just did some reading up on it since my son came home talking about it one day.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Daemon

g

Here is mine.....just don't eat me G:P

I wouldn't eat you.... I'd protect you!

g

ahhhh....you are my hero;)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

The movie wasn't religious at all. The magesterium is presented as a corrupt and controlling government, not a church.

Well, they did say the took out direct references. But the books are very anti-Christ. Let me know what you think of the religious aspect of the book.

No, I have not read nor seen the movie. Just did some reading up on it since my son came home talking about it one day.

I will be happy to PM you when I'm done with the books, but I'm not going to post it here, because I want to keep this out of speaker's corner since everyone seemed to be having fun with the little daemon generator.

In the meantime, why don't you read the book and decide for yourself?

Exactly why nobody in this family, none of our siblings, and none of our siblings' kids will ever see that movie or read the books.

I didn't realize what the stories were about...until I did some further investigation on it. :S Our daughter had already read the book and wasn't too impressed anyways. We explained why that author will not be allowed in this house again and she wasn't heartbroken.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Exactly why nobody in this family, none of our siblings, and none of our siblings' kids will ever see that movie or read the books.

I didn't realize what the stories were about...until I did some further investigation on it. :S Our daughter had already read the book and wasn't too impressed anyways. We explained why that author will not be allowed in this house again and she wasn't heartbroken.

So not much into the subscription of "free thinking" or "critical reasoning" Jaye:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?