DSE

Another US Shooting-this time a church

>I have a question Bill, is it a lie to keep repeating the words of a
>study that has been shown to not be true?

It may well be a lie in your opinion. You still can't call anyone a liar.

You may honestly feel someone else is a bigot. You still can't call them a bigot.

You may feel someone here acts exactly like a nazi. You still can't call them a nazi.

The ONLY reason DC is excluded from the analysis is that the survey of % households owning guns was a survey of STATES.

If you want to provide the missing data it will be possible to include DC in the plot.

I didn't say I had the data; I just wanted to argue.:ph34r:
I felt left out, being the only one not arguing with you.[:/]:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

That, ultimately is why I don't own a gun. I am not afraid.

Oh, yeah, I felt that way too, being a big guy with karate training...until the night I found myself under attack by a raging lunatic bigger than myself, at the same time I was suffering from heat exhaustion. You'll never understand what it is to need a gun and not have it until it actually happens to you.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

It's not my job to ferret out information you won't provide. Nor pay to see it.

But keep telling the lies, Goebbel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not my job to copy stuff just for your benefit because you're too lazy to do it yourself. I gave an EXACT citation for the original journal article. I gave a link to the gun ownership data. The homicide rates are available from the FBI or DoJ web sites (and many other places besides). I gave links to media articles providing synopses of the journal articles.

Calling me a liar and "Goebbels" IS a PA.

Typically the PA's come out when one is losing an argument.
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

Oh, Lord...THAT old canard again?

Do you wear a seatbelt because you're afraid?

Do you have a reserve because you're afraid?

Do you carry homeowner's/renter's insurance because you're afraid?

Do you have a fire extinguisher in your house because you're afraid?

No, most likely not - you have them to be prepared for a situation in which you need them. Owning a gun is no different.

Seatbelt, reserve, insurance, etc are not ultimetly designed to kill. A gun is. You are comparing apples to mangos.
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

You may feel someone here acts exactly like a nazi. You still can't call them a nazi.

I didn't call him a Nazi. I compared him to one of the great propogandists of all time.

Citing multiple sources that all give the same inadequete summary and then declaring this as overwhelming evidence is a perfect demonstration.

I've had guns for 8 years now. No homicides, no suicides. Of course, I didn't buy them because I was depressed or afraid of my loan shark. I was only afraid of state legislators.

You were afraid that a state legislator was going to come kicking down your door, mouth foaming in homicidal rage? Seems unlikely.

To paraphrase a great movie: "Quite a thing to live in fear isn't it? That's what it is to be slave."

I've never lived in fear - it's the great thing about being 6', 200lbs. A luxuxy my 5', 105lb friends don't have.

No, my fear is that some day I might need a gun, and I would not be allowed to get it then, or not for 10 days, or perhaps only if I could demonstrate need to their satisfaction (ie, become a Senator) The fool waits until the last second to prepare. You can call 911 and wait 15 (or 100 minutes). I can be prepared in 1 or 2.

And since 1999, gun choices have dropped substantially, prices have increased substantially. Legislation slowed down for a spell, but Arnold now seems prepared to sign anything.

I didn't call him a Nazi. I compared him to one of the great propogandists of all time.

Citing multiple sources that all give the same inadequete summary and then declaring this as overwhelming evidence is a perfect demonstration.

The only problem with any of the sources I cited is that they produced evidence and came to conclusions that you don't like. Without recourse to a reasoned rebuttal you simply came out with the personal attack.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, most likely not - you have them to be prepared for a situation in which you need them. Owning a gun is no different.

Seatbelt, reserve, insurance, etc are not ultimetly designed to kill. A gun is. You are comparing apples to mangos.

They all help you to get the upper hand and stay in control when the situation is going downhill fast.

Oh, yeah, I felt that way too, being a big guy with karate training...until the night I found myself under attack by a raging lunatic bigger than myself, at the same time I was suffering from heat exhaustion. You'll never understand what it is to need a gun and not have it until it actually happens to you.

So true. Been there, done that (or something similar).

I believe there are risks to gun ownership but at the end of the day I should be the one to decide if I own one....not the government.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Incorrect - design has nothing to do with reason for use.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706