Glitch

Another 'Gun Control' thread...

Recent threads, along with the typical media presented 'guns are evil and should be outlawed' crap were normally fed, got me to wondering just how many crimes were actually stopped / prevented due to the fact that a bystander or victim was carrying a weapon. Google provides statistics, but you have to dig deep to find something relevant. It seems to me that this 'statistic' isn't tracked (why isn't it?), much less reported and you don't see many news acounts of instances where this happens.

I was pleasantly surprised when I found this while surfing the news during lunch today. I wasn't looking for it but there it was... This is a fine example of why one would want to carry and how a gun stopped/prevented a/multiple crimes.

Feel free to discuss... and for the record, I wouldn't mind at all if EVERY LAW ABIDING CITIZEN carried a concealed weapon. In fact, I would feel more secure...
Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

I already have. :P

...you just don't see the media 'reporting' this side of the coin nearly as often.

The only reporter I have see make an effort to tell the truth is John Stossel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyoLuTjguJA
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Recent threads, along with the typical media presented 'guns are evil and should be outlawed' crap were normally fed, got me to wondering just how many crimes were actually stopped / prevented due to the fact that a bystander or victim was carrying a weapon.

Even government studies show up to 3.5 million instances per year.

I was pleasantly surprised when I found this while surfing the news during lunch today. This is a fine example of why one would want to carry and how a gun stopped/prevented a/multiple crimes.

More stories of armed self defense:

The NRA's "Armed Citizen" files:
http://www.nraila.org/ArmedCitizen/Default.aspx

The KABR's "Operation Self Defense" files:
http://www.keepandbeararms.com/opsd/

A personal friend of mine saved his neighbor's life by armed intervention. The perp was hit 5 times, 4 shots supposed to be instantly fatal, but he still ran over a hundred yards before he realized his life ended a ways back. DA didn't even question it, the perp had a very long rap sheet and was wired on drugs at the time. BTW, nothing about this incident made it into the news.

BTW, nothing about this incident made it into the news.

Of course not. It does not fit the drive by media template[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You might want to check out the writings of this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_lott

Kallend will reply with "He's a hack bought off by the NRA, gun manufactures, and the Bush Admin. Just as any person who puts up data against global warming. They attack the man instead of the issue.>:(
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

You might want to check on the critiques of John Lott's ethics. He has been proven to have fabricated some of his data, and to have used improper statistical methods in his analysis.

www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2003/10/we_590_01.html

timlambert.org/lott/

timlambert.org/2005/07/lott-libels/

This next one is funny - he posts on the internet posing as his own female student:
www.plastic.com/article.html?sid=03/02/04/16500296

And Lotts more besides.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Kallend will reply with "He's a hack bought off by the NRA, gun manufactures, and the Bush Admin. Just as any person who puts up data against global warming. They attack the man instead of the issue.>:(

Ha ha - I guess you haven't actually researched the issue.

mediamatters.org/items/200601250008

mediamatters.org/items/200601250008

Hey Dr

get the shovel out and dig a little deaper. Scratching the surface like a chicken leaves much to be desired:o

Oh, and dont twist the context, I know of what you post. I am just waiting for the rest of the story:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

http://mediamatters.org/items/200601250008

So a left leaning org like Media Matters writes a story against a pro-gun guy? Wow didnt see that one coming. :S
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Recent threads, along with the typical media presented 'guns are evil and should be outlawed' crap were normally fed, got me to wondering just how many crimes were actually stopped / prevented due to the fact that a bystander or victim was carrying a weapon. Google provides statistics, but you have to dig deep to find something relevant. It seems to me that this 'statistic' isn't tracked (why isn't it?), much less reported and you don't see many news acounts of instances where this happens.

I was pleasantly surprised when I found this while surfing the news during lunch today. I wasn't looking for it but there it was... This is a fine example of why one would want to carry and how a gun stopped/prevented a/multiple crimes.

Feel free to discuss... and for the record, I wouldn't mind at all if EVERY LAW ABIDING CITIZEN carried a concealed weapon. In fact, I would feel more secure...

and some of those law abiding citizens might develope mental problems later on and go on a shooting frenzy simply because they have instant access to a gun (their own) but if law abiding citizens didn't have access to guns then the ones who might go crazy wouldn't have a gun easly at hand to pop some caps in peoples arses..... you can't argue that they'll still find some other way of taking out numerous people because you simple don't know that..... what you DO KNOW is that people are going on shooting frenzies

A personal friend of mine saved his neighbor's life by armed intervention. The perp was hit 5 times, 4 shots supposed to be instantly fatal, but he still ran over a hundred yards before he realized his life ended a ways back. DA didn't even question it, the perp had a very long rap sheet and was wired on drugs at the time. BTW, nothing about this incident made it into the news.

then how do we know it really happened? just because you say it did, doesn't mean we can believe it

I know it happened, you weren't there and your comment is offensive. This guy had to have counseling after the event and those costs weren't covered by anybody but his own wallet.

How do I know you exist? For all I know you are no more than an automated response. I take your reply for exactly what it's worth, zilch. It is a fact that not everything makes the news.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200601250008

So a left leaning org like Media Matters writes a story against a pro-gun guy? Wow didnt see that one coming. :S

I provided a bunch of other links. The facts really don't change regardless of where they were posted. Lott has been outed - he fabricated some of his data, and pretended to be someone else writing support his position.