chuteless

a slight change in prophecies

Mark 13:32-33
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come."

Since -somebody- on a planet with over 6 billion people on it will almost always think "today is the day", doesn't that mean the day can never come?

WTF? No it means no one "KNOWS" Not no one can "GUESS" and eventually be right:S As usuall your way off base![:/]
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come."

Since -somebody- on a planet with over 6 billion people on it will almost always think "today is the day", doesn't that mean the day can never come?

WTF? No it means no one "KNOWS" Not no one can "GUESS" and eventually be right:S As usuall your way off base![:/]

So, then thinking something is going to happen is not knowledge that it will happen; right? Did I understand you correctly?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

So, then thinking something is going to happen is not knowledge that it will happen; right? Did I understand you correctly?

I did not studder my my point of view! If you need to you can scroll up and see what i put:S

I did not studder my my point of view! If you need to you can scroll up and see what i put:S

I just want to be 100% clear on what you're saying. That if you think something is going to happen, that if you believe it in all your heart, it's not actually knowledge that it's going to happen; ever.
quade -

I just want to be 100% clear on what you're saying. That if you think something is going to happen, that if you believe it in all your heart, it's not actually knowledge that it's going to happen; ever.

I will agree if you agree that just because you think something wont happen, and you know it cant happen, doesnt mean it's not possiable to happen

Check mate;)

At best, a draw, which is entirely different than a win.

It does, however, mean that since I believe in an infinite number of possibilities and you believe in only one, the score really does tilt in my favor though. Something on the order of infinity to 1. ;)

quade -

At best, a draw, which is entirely different than a win.

Actually in the text of the conversation i am alot more right than you!;)

I believe in an infinite number of possibilities

I would have never guessed that with the opinion that you normally put forward about the right being ignorant/stupid/brain washed. Maybe you should alter your delievery of your opinion;)

Edit to add..... Assholes & Fucking idiot right wing talking heads. Need I go on? It's obvious that you beleive your opinion and are not open minded:S

It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
Put your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane
Let's do the time warp again!
Let's do the time warp again!
Owned by Remi #?

Some time ago, I interpreted some biblical prophecies that spoke clearly of the end of the USA, ( NOT the end of the world as some thought), and I mentioned it would take place before the end of Bush's 2nd term.

Well, a continuance of research causes me to believe it will not be before the end of Bush's 2nd term, but shortly after his successor is elected to the President's
office, ......sometime before September of 2009.

This will be the 62nd WEEK ( of years) of Daniel's prophecy, and either shortly before or shortly after New York City and Washington are wiped off the map, a very large asteroid will hit in mid Atlantic, causing enormous problems to the east coast of North America and the west coast of Europe.

I just thought I would bring everyone interested up to date.

Nevertheless, you won't have to wait too long....it IS going to take place.....just a few extra months to enjoy yourselves while you can.....maybe a few extra jumps !

Bill Cole

hmm. Glad to have this out of the way, finally.

Many Republicans believed that America got destroyed when Obama was elected, so I guess the prophecies are true. Nice to have it all over with.

This End of the World thing isn't quite as bad as it was cracked up to be.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

This was not a big shock, just as when in high school we went through at least 2 predicted raptures by the Jolly Wollies...... each time I put it to the convert in the class that I would see her tomorrow and she just looked on in silence. what gets me is that these people just move the goal posts on to the next date, giving yet new interpretations of their book of voodoo spells as reasons why. You would think people would just admit they are wrong and skin a fat one.

I am wondering however, just how well old Chuteless is handling America's stubborn refusal to end on schedule. Poor guy must be so disappointed. On the other hand, his perception of time seems a bit cracked... ("week of years"? Has anybody told him we don't measure years in weeks and theres no connection or equivalence between the units?) So maybe hes still out there standing in a field staring at the sky waiting for the rapture to happen. I'm just disappointed he never posted any followup, his rantings were so completely insane they made great entertainment.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

This was not a big shock, just as when in high school we went through at least 2 predicted raptures by the Jolly Wollies...... each time I put it to the convert in the class that I would see her tomorrow and she just looked on in silence. what gets me is that these people just move the goal posts on to the next date, giving yet new interpretations of their book of voodoo spells as reasons why. You would think people would just admit they are wrong and skin a fat one.

One of the most famous movements happened in the early 19th century: the Millerites. The predicted the end & it didn't happen, they "re-calculated" once, and waited again & it STILL didn't happen.

But the difference between then & now is this: When the date passed, there was this thing called "The Great Disappointmenthttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Disappointment

It shows at least some level of intellectual honesty about the Millerites, that they were at least genuinely disappointed when the End didn't come.

Modern day date-setters are different. When their date passes without event, the don't seem to bat an eye. They simply shuffle the dates back a bit & start over.

Why are modern day "doomsters" un-phased by the failure of their predictions?

Could it be that on some level, they know they're talking BS?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Some time ago, I interpreted some biblical prophecies that spoke clearly of the end of the USA, ( NOT the end of the world as some thought), and I mentioned it would take place before the end of Bush's 2nd term.

Well, a continuance of research causes me to believe it will not be before the end of Bush's 2nd term, but shortly after his successor is elected to the President's
office, ......sometime before September of 2009.

This will be the 62nd WEEK ( of years) of Daniel's prophecy, and either shortly before or shortly after New York City and Washington are wiped off the map, a very large asteroid will hit in mid Atlantic, causing enormous problems to the east coast of North America and the west coast of Europe.

I just thought I would bring everyone interested up to date.

Nevertheless, you won't have to wait too long....it IS going to take place.....just a few extra months to enjoy yourselves while you can.....maybe a few extra jumps !

Bill Cole

Welcome back, Bill!! Good to see you posting again!!
Anything else you want to bring us up to speed on?:ph34r:
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."