freethefly

11 point, 225 pound Buck!!!

how fucking nice>:( I've been avoiding this forum like the fucking flu and this gets bounced into this worthless fucking forum.

Yeah. This is about the point where I ask what weapon ol' Buck used to return fire and somebody calls me a Communist.

IT'S COMIN' RIGHT FOR US!!
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

:(

Mark, you better have plans to eat that or I'm never speaking to you again. :P

Why in the world would you go hunting and NOT plan on eating what you take?

It's the drugs they impregnate into gun stocks - didn't you know? guns have one purpose - to kill.:P Eating, well - you need fire, a knike and a fork.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I have always wondered where the point thing came from? Any one care to enlighten me please?

You take the approximate weight of the deer (pounds) and divide by the distance of the shot (feet) then multiply by the time it takes to die (minutes) and then cross tabulate that to the ADKA (American Deer Killers Amalgamation) tables on the internet to determine a "normallized" point score for the kill. Then simply multipy that factor by the weight of the deer's skull (fully cleaned and boiled) to determine your Point Score for the kill.

Hunter's keep track of their Point Scores on a national ranking table to see who has the biggest scope.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Nothing to be proud of. No skill involved...

It's not rocket science.

What is the windage adjustment, in minutes, for a 1,000 yard shot with a .308 175-grain HPBTM bullet with a muzzle velocity of 2,850 fps in a 10 mph wind blowing cross-wise from the left at a 45-degree angle?

I'll make it easy on you and let you assume whatever temperature and relative humidity you want.

Quick: what's your answer!

Nice work.

You can tell the season is open around Fort Campbell, because nearly every group of deer is inside the wire right now. As soon as you exit the rear gates, you see all the hunters parked along the access roads along out "back 40".

The deer are well versed in that "magic barrier" around here... :ph34r:

Even so, their population growth is evident. I've been seeing a lot more carcasses on the side of the highways lately.

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

It's not rocket science.

What is the windage adjustment, in minutes, for a 1,000 yard shot with a .308 175-grain HPBTM bullet with a muzzle velocity of 2,850 fps in a 10 mph wind blowing cross-wise from the left at a 45-degree angle?

I'll make it easy on you and let you assume whatever temperature and relative humidity you want.

African or European?:D
Just kidding.
Tracers.

I have always wondered where the point thing came from? Any one care to enlighten me please?

You take the approximate weight of the deer (pounds) and divide by the distance of the shot (feet) then multiply by the time it takes to die (minutes) and then cross tabulate that to the ADKA (American Deer Killers Amalgamation) tables on the internet to determine a "normallized" point score for the kill. Then simply multipy that factor by the weight of the deer's skull (fully cleaned and boiled) to determine your Point Score for the kill.

Hunter's keep track of their Point Scores on a national ranking table to see who has the biggest scope.

Also known as 'scope envy'.:D

Chuck

It's not rocket science.

Wouldn't that depend on; 1)how fast your buddy is driving the truck; 2)if your on Interstate or an FM road: 3)day or night; 4)your BAC? :):)
Forgot to add props for your excellent deer;)

Jon

Also known as 'scope envy'.:D

you be in denial of the 'point' system all you want -

it's 'peer reviewed' and documented in various hunting journals as the gospel truth. "deniers" will be shouted down and mocked.

It's not rocket science.

Depends on the scopes MOA number. I use a sliding chart, Call me lazy, ;)

Gone fishing

The answer is 6 but that's not rocket science, it's ballistics.

Here's one for you:

A satellite is placed in a circular orbit of 1.8e5m radius, around a spherical body of 1.2e5m radius with density of 2.8e3kg/m^3 and must be transfered to an orbit of 2.4e5m radius. What are the changes in velocity needed to attain the higher orbit?

That should be a walk in the park for a rocket scientist like you.

Oh and thanks for misquoting me, how very honest of you.

The answer is 6 but that's not rocket science, it's ballistics.

Bzzzt. Incorrect. You were only off by about 30 inches. Maybe you should consult a rocket scientist...

If you want to get testy, maybe you should also butch-up and quit being anonymous.

Tracers.

Aw shucks, that's cheating!

Talking about a first-shot hit here.

Thanks, I'll be sure to count the point on the antlers next time :P

Thanks to a very nice nerd :)

Bzzzt. Incorrect. You were only off by about 30 inches. Maybe you should consult a rocket scientist...

From the information you gave me, I think the answer is correct but if you would like to show me where you've moved the goal posts to then by all means give us the answer. Please show your working, so I can check.

If you want to get testy, maybe you should also butch-up and quit being anonymous.

Why? Do you want to clone my credit cards?

How are you doing with that transfer orbit problem?