billvon

Congress begins to grow a pair

Me thinks more like raising corporate taxes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep hearing you say "Raise corporate taxes". Who do you think pays those taxes. They pass it to the consumer. Do you think a big corporation is going to eat a big tax hike without passing it along to others. Come on man, I gave you more credit than that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then quit buying from the motherfuckers and save money. Downsize. Everbody want to keep up w/ the Jones. I live a simple life

There's an idea, quit buying from the corporations. Who cares about all the jobs that will be lost. Greed is evil, but Capitalism is not.

You're assuming the stuff we buy is made in the USA. Taken a stroll through a Wal-Mart lately?

I was given a US Air Force coffee mug at an AF event last weekend. On the bottom it states "Made in China".

Try not to assume what I am assuming. Chances are you would be wrong. As for Wal-Mart, I don't shop there. I have better taste than that.

Best of luck with that coffee mug. If it holds your coffee and keeps it hot, you're pretty much set.

Saying or suggesting that big bad evil Bush would allow our troops to "were all dead" is beneth your level of debate.

But not his contempt for the man.

Anyone with at least three brain cells and an ideology short of Ghengis Kahn's, shares that contempt.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

Saying or suggesting that big bad evil Bush would allow our troops to "were all dead" is beneth your level of debate.

Anyone with at least three brain cells and an ideology short of Ghengis Kahn's, shares that contempt.

Odd...I don't hate the man.
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

Dam, you must be working the only three you have terribly hard:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Me thinks more like raising corporate taxes.

I keep hearing you say "Raise corporate taxes". Who do you think pays those taxes. They pass it to the consumer. Do you think a big corporation is going to eat a big tax hike without passing it along to others. Come on man, I gave you more credit than that.

Then quit buying from the motherfuckers and save money. Downsize. Everbody want to keep up w/ the Jones. I live a simple life

There's an idea, quit buying from the corporations. Who cares about all the jobs that will be lost. Greed is evil, but Capitalism is not.

You're assuming the stuff we buy is made in the USA. Taken a stroll through a Wal-Mart lately?

I was given a US Air Force coffee mug at an AF event last weekend. On the bottom it states "Made in China".

Try not to assume what I am assuming. Chances are you would be wrong. As for Wal-Mart, I don't shop there. I have better taste than that.

So where will the jobs be lost, then, given that the US has outsourced so much of its manufacturing?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Ok, I think you're just a bit confused. When I said "Psst, raising corporate taxes will make your cigarettes cost more too", I meant just that. A tax on a corporation means they have a higher operating cost, a cost which they pass on to the buyer of their product. I literally have no clue where you are drawing some claim I made about loopholes, or about denying that tax reductions equal price cuts. Are you sure you're responding to the right person?

You claimed that raising corporation taxes will raise prices to consumers.

"I keep hearing you say "Raise corporate taxes". Who do you think pays those taxes. They pass it to the consumer. Do you think a big corporation is going to eat a big tax hike without passing it along to others"

SO do you NOT think reducing corporate taxes will reduce prices to consumers?

Ok, I think you're just a bit confused. When I said "Psst, raising corporate taxes will make your cigarettes cost more too", I meant just that. A tax on a corporation means they have a higher operating cost, a cost which they pass on to the buyer of their product. I literally have no clue where you are drawing some claim I made about loopholes, or about denying that tax reductions equal price cuts. Are you sure you're responding to the right person?

You claimed that raising corporation taxes will raise prices to consumers.

"I keep hearing you say "Raise corporate taxes". Who do you think pays those taxes. They pass it to the consumer. Do you think a big corporation is going to eat a big tax hike without passing it along to others"

SO do you NOT think reducing corporate taxes will reduce prices to consumers?

Haha, now it makes sense. You are replying to the wrong person. Rookie120 said that, not me (scroll up to check the source). I'll be happy to answer your question, though. Lowering corporate taxes will result in lower prices for the consumer, based on the nature of a competitive market.
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

A war based on falsehoods that has not improved America's security, has killed over 3,000 American service personnel and countless tens of thousands of Iraqis, has assisted Al Qaeda regain its strength and recruit supporters, has reduced stability in the Middle East, has hindered US diplomacy worldwide, has made France look wise and the US look stupid, has strengthened Iran, has played a major role in driving down the value of the $US, has helped this administration rack up enormous debts for our children to pay off...

How does that $Trillion expenditure help our defense

99% of this paragraph is a lie or distortion.

I thought you despised lieing? I guess not since you are so good at it

I think you've got your numbers backwards. I only found 1% that wasn't accurate. It hasn't reached a $trillion just yet. The rest is spot on.

This just in, I was wrong. Kallend gets a 100%.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/12/AR2007111202008.html?hpid=topnews

A war based on falsehoods that has not improved America's security, has killed over 3,000 American service personnel and countless tens of thousands of Iraqis, has assisted Al Qaeda regain its strength and recruit supporters, has reduced stability in the Middle East, has hindered US diplomacy worldwide, has made France look wise and the US look stupid, has strengthened Iran, has played a major role in driving down the value of the $US, has helped this administration rack up enormous debts for our children to pay off...

How does that $Trillion expenditure help our defense

99% of this paragraph is a lie or distortion.

I thought you despised lieing? I guess not since you are so good at it

I think you've got your numbers backwards. I only found 1% that wasn't accurate. It hasn't reached a $trillion just yet. The rest is spot on.

This just in, I was wrong. Kallend gets a 100%.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/12/AR2007111202008.html?hpid=topnews

You need to know how to interpret the "looking glass logic" that rush uses. Only then do his posts make sense.