billvon

Congress begins to grow a pair

No, I think we should eliminate all farm subsidies and raise inheritance taxes so we can reduce our borrowing.

And you think that will eliminate the spending problem? Man you are dellusional. I dont know much about the farm subsidies. I just now looked and how much they are. You would have to stop a lot more than farm aid to help to pork spending.

Shhhh - it's just a rushmc thing;)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

A war based on falsehoods that has not improved America's security, has killed over 3,000 American service personnel and countless tens of thousands of Iraqis, has assisted Al Qaeda regain its strength and recruit supporters, has reduced stability in the Middle East, has hindered US diplomacy worldwide, has made France look wise and the US look stupid, has strengthened Iran, has played a major role in driving down the value of the $US, has helped this administration rack up enormous debts for our children to pay off...

How does that $Trillion expenditure help our defense

99% of this paragraph is a lie or distortion.

I thought you despised lieing? I guess not since you are so good at it

Looks fairly accurate to me.

We all suspect that at some point in the future you will claim you were against the war from the beginning, so for NOW and for the record, would you tell us the specifics of what you disagree with in Kallends's statement? ;)

If you ever read any Lewis Carroll you'd know how to interpret Marc's posts.

Pay? No-one pays! Bush just borrows from your grandkids. .

And you have just shown your approval of it. So, we know where you stand.

No, I think we should eliminate all farm subsidies and raise inheritance taxes so we can reduce our borrowing.

Me thinks more like raising corporate taxes. I'll go along w/ getting rid of the farm subsidies. And quit fucking w/ the cigarettes. Gonna make me quit. Then you REALLY won't like me.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Me thinks more like raising corporate taxes.

I keep hearing you say "Raise corporate taxes". Who do you think pays those taxes. They pass it to the consumer. Do you think a big corporation is going to eat a big tax hike without passing it along to others. Come on man, I gave you more credit than that.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

I keep hearing you say "Raise corporate taxes". Who do you think pays those taxes. They pass it to the consumer. Do you think a big corporation is going to eat a big tax hike without passing it along to others. Come on man, I gave you more credit than that.

Then quit buying from the motherfuckers and save money. Downsize. Everbody want to keep up w/ the Jones. I live a simple life

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then quit buying from the motherfuckers and save money. Downsize. Everbody want to keep up w/ the Jones. I live a simple life

There's an idea, quit buying from the corporations. Who cares about all the jobs that will be lost. Greed is evil, but Capitalism is not.

Guess what happens when unemployment goes up? Consumer spending goes down. Interest rates go up. We have inflation. It's called a recession. Last I heard, those were bad.

There's an idea, quit buying from the corporations. Who cares about all the jobs that will be lost. Greed is evil, but Capitalism is not.

You're assuming the stuff we buy is made in the USA. Taken a stroll through a Wal-Mart lately?

I was given a US Air Force coffee mug at an AF event last weekend. On the bottom it states "Made in China".

Psst, raising corporate taxes will make your cigarettes cost more too.
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

If the govt. has to raise $X, then raising corporation taxes means the expensive high powered tax lawyers work for all of us to keep our prices down. If they raise income taxes, the high powered lawyers only work for the wealthy who can afford them.:)

If the govt. has to raise $X, then raising corporation taxes means the expensive high powered tax lawyers work for all of us to keep our prices down help the corporations find loopholes, and the corporations raise prices as much as they think they can get away with to offset the tax. If they raise income taxes, the high powered lawyers only work for the wealthy who can afford them.:)

Fixed that for you. :)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

A war based on falsehoods that has not improved America's security, has killed over 3,000 American service personnel and countless tens of thousands of Iraqis, has assisted Al Qaeda regain its strength and recruit supporters, has reduced stability in the Middle East, has hindered US diplomacy worldwide, has made France look wise and the US look stupid, has strengthened Iran, has played a major role in driving down the value of the $US, has helped this administration rack up enormous debts for our children to pay off...

How does that $Trillion expenditure help our defense

99% of this paragraph is a lie or distortion.

I thought you despised lieing? I guess not since you are so good at it

I think you've got your numbers backwards. I only found 1% that wasn't accurate. It hasn't reached a $trillion just yet. The rest is spot on.

If the govt. has to raise $X, then raising corporation taxes means the expensive high powered tax lawyers work for all of us to keep our prices down help the corporations find loopholes, and the corporations raise prices as much as they think they can get away with to offset the tax. If they raise income taxes, the high powered lawyers only work for the wealthy who can afford them.:)

But that's the whole point. If the corporations find tax loopholes, OUR prices go down. That's what Lefty claimed.:D

But that's the whole point. If the corporations find tax loopholes, OUR prices go down. That's what Lefty claimed.Laugh

If you've got ANY widespread proof of this, I'd LOVE to see it.

Ask Lefty. I just commented on his claim.

But that's the whole point. If the corporations find tax loopholes, OUR prices go down. That's what Lefty claimed.Laugh

If you've got ANY widespread proof of this, I'd LOVE to see it.

Ask Lefty. I just commented on his claim.

Don't bother asking me. I have no idea what he's talking about. However, I am interested in how he mistook me saying "If you raise corporate taxes, prices go up" with what he apparently thinks I said: "If the corporations find tax loopholes, OUR prices go down."
-Calvin

If the govt. has to raise $X, then raising corporation taxes means the expensive high powered tax lawyers work for all of us to keep our prices down. If they raise income taxes, the high powered lawyers only work for the wealthy who can afford them.:)
Shit. Congress is trying right now to raise cig. tax 61 cents a pack. They already tried and Bush vetoed it. At least he's done one right think. Guess it's time to quit anyway.[:/]

You're assuming the stuff we buy is made in the USA. Taken a stroll through a Wal-Mart lately?

I was given a US Air Force coffee mug at an AF event last weekend. On the bottom it states "Made in China".
Shit. I just bought T shirts from my union hall and we regularly get T shirts and jackets and all kinds of shit on on our union jobs. Guess what. Every fucking thing is made in a country out of the U.S. What's wrong w/ this picture?:S

But that's the whole point. If the corporations find tax loopholes, OUR prices go down. That's what Lefty claimed.:D

I'm waiting to hear how what you claimed I said even remotely makes sense or bears any resemblance to what I actually said, Kallend.
-Calvin

I'm waiting to hear how what you claimed I said even remotely makes sense or bears any resemblance to what I actually said, Kallend.

Are you claiming now that its a one-way rachet? Taxes = prices, but tax reduction != price cuts?

Are you claiming now that its a one-way rachet? Taxes = prices, but tax reduction != price cuts?

Ok, I think you're just a bit confused. When I said "Psst, raising corporate taxes will make your cigarettes cost more too", I meant just that. A tax on a corporation means they have a higher operating cost, a cost which they pass on to the buyer of their product. I literally have no clue where you are drawing some claim I made about loopholes, or about denying that tax reductions equal price cuts. Are you sure you're responding to the right person?
-Calvin