masterblaster72

Debate on Cheney impeachment averted

No, I despise the method of the government that pushes the $$$ toward the top, the idiots there are just recipients of a scummy system, usally born into it. So to hate the player, not me, I hate the game.

Most of those who argue with you are the ones who are suffering from class envy.......they are striving for the illusion of upward mobility and therefore defend the system that they hope will reward them.

Right, they are planning to be millionaires and trying to set the tax code for then.... a fool's game for 99.999999% of them.

>>>>>>>You want the government to move people up. I want people to move themselves up. How, through hard work

No, Iwant the gov to provide basic sustainance as in medical care, and I wnt themt o stay out of labor issues so people can get themselves ahead thru hard work with equitable reward. The Ergonomics Bill, the union intrusions by your president; we have been fucked, all I want is a chance to work and prosper.

>>>>>>>>>Corps do not pay taxes only we pay taxes so, if you want to raise taxes on corps you are just supporting a tax increase for anybody using the products of that corp. And is some cases those taxes stack up.

Which can be used to benefit people who make corps so wealthy, people who encunter hard times. Uh, corps don;t pay taxes? Are you trying to say that the taxes paid will translate to the consumer? Then how do you explain multi-million $ CEO wages? If corps were taxed higher, would they then have to cut out some of the million $ bonuses? Sure. Remember the American Airlines CEO that tried to take his $1,000,000+ bonus right after 911? He was called on it and returned it,but there is soooooooooo much pork at those positions, but I'm sure you'll agree that they deserve them, after all, they have to fuck their secretary and all.

>>>>>>>>>>Open your eyes and curb your emotions, you can learn something

I've read so many of your enlightening posts that I think I need some education to get back to where I was ;). Try posting some data and other reference if you want to teach, you know, how I do when I post.

I do not think the goverment should give tax breaks for ethenol or subisdies to farms

OH.. I get it. you as an IOWAN.. living in a RED STATE... and a CORN STATE...... as long as YOU GET YOURS from the Government largesse its all ok.... go ahead and rail on against PORK spending.. seems there are plenty of PORK already there in the midwest to go around.

Right, it's like the $1,000 toilet seat guys balming welfare, the farmers blaming welfare, it just seems they didn't get the memo that theirs is welfare too.

I do not think the goverment should give tax breaks for ethenol or subisdies to farms

OH.. I get it. you as an IOWAN.. living in a RED STATE... and a CORN STATE...... as long as YOU GET YOURS from the Government largesse its all ok.... go ahead and rail on against PORK spending.. seems there are plenty of PORK already there in the midwest to go around.

I screwd up and left out the word NOT!

My dad farmed, he always said farmers would be better off with no subsidies or gov help so, I made a mistake, I DO NOT think there should be tax breaks for ethenol

But then they all take it and blame the pregnant minority.:S

Not really .. I am not responsible for your stupid response.:D:ph34r:

Typical left response. I am not responsible. Some one else made me say say it:P

My goof............I know:$

So if you goofed, how can she be responsible?

It seems that you are implying that responses from the left are typically on account of goofs from the right?

Dain bramage:S - call in for the reinforcements: (YELLS) NClimber.....but he can't hear....[:/]

Why do you always have to play the ass? Is that how you get off?

WOW... I got banned for far less than that...:S:S

Or this: Kind of destroys your idiotic stupid rant now doesnt it?

And Rush is whinign about NClimber being tossed? Thx for leaving this thread alone Bill, seriously.

Which can be used to benefit people who make corps so wealthy, people who encunter hard times. Uh, corps don;t pay taxes? Are you trying to say that the taxes paid will translate to the consumer? Then how do you explain multi-million $ CEO wages? If corps were taxed higher, would they then have to cut out some of the million $ bonuses? Sure. Remember the American Airlines CEO that tried to take his $1,000,000+ bonus right after 911? He was called on it and returned it,but there is soooooooooo much pork at those positions, but I'm sure you'll agree that they deserve them, after all, they have to fuck their secretary and all.

Why would they sacrifice their bonuses when they can just pass the cost of increased taxes on to the consumer? Next question: why should they?
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

Most of those who argue with you are the ones who are suffering from class envy.......they are striving for the illusion of upward mobility and therefore defend the system that they hope will reward them.

People told me upward mobility was an illusion. I didn't buy it, and having started from the bottom (yes, the bottom) I've started working my own way up. In a few years, maybe I'll actually have a net worth.

I suppose I can look at this discussion as between two factions: those that say "you can do it, keep trying, never give up" and those who say, "you can't do it, don't bother trying, just give up."

To anyone who suggests that I had anything handed to me, stuff it. To anyone who suggested to me in the past that I couldn't, "Up yours."

How in the world can anybody with any degree of heart suggest that upward mobility is an "illusion?" That's called "holdin' them down."

I am NOT the exception that proves he rule. I have found myself surrounded by persons just like myself - those who were at the bottom and worked our asses off to get to where we are. And we're still moving upward.

Illusion? It is ONLY for those who do not want to walk through the smoke and mirrors. THat's why I worked so hard with those kids in the past - to show them it CAN be done, and show them just a few of the ways to do it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Why would they sacrifice their bonuses when they can just pass the cost of increased taxes on to the consumer? Next question: why should they?

I realize this is a foreign concept anymore in the US, but remember the concept of competition? Anymore there are CEO entitlements, of course we blame the poor and middle class for begging for entitlements such as socialized meds, but there are far more corporate entitlements. Guys like Herb Keller and Buffet are considered fools, cut throat guys like Trump are revered as genius and brilliant.

>>>>>>>>People told me upward mobility was an illusion. I didn't buy it, and having started from the bottom (yes, the bottom) I've started working my own way up. In a few years, maybe I'll actually have a net worth.

As a lawyer you have great potential, but still claiming to be impoverished (rolls eyes). How about the gov ensuring basic health and well-being for all people while they try to become millionaires just in case tehy don't make it?

As for pulling yourself up by the bootstraps, you could take 100 people and 100 different potentials for success. I'm 6'1", you are likely different, you probably have a hiher than average natural/genetic predisposition to learn/test than others. So to disallow some people the ability to have basic sustainance based on them not pulling themselves up is like me laughing at a man who only has the ability to grow to 5'5".

Remember, money before people.

>>>>>>>>>>>I suppose I can look at this discussion as between two factions: those that say "you can do it, keep trying, never give up" and those who say, "you can't do it, don't bother trying, just give up."

And the 3rd faction, those who say, 'let's be humane to people and ensure they have basic sustaiance regardless of anything else.'

>>>>>>>>>>>>To anyone who suggests that I had anything handed to me, stuff it. To anyone who suggested to me in the past that I couldn't, "Up yours."

You've had it all handed to you and I doubt you could.:P

>>>>>>>>>>How in the world can anybody with any degree of heart suggest that upward mobility is an "illusion?" That's called "holdin' them down."

Heart? You mean that in a gutsy way, not a compassionate way. How can anyone with a heart disallow others medical care just cause they're special, like you lawrocket.

Here's the kicker, LAWROCKET SAYS BASICALLY, FUCK WELFARE, YOU HAVE NO ENTITLEMENTS WHEN HE SAYS IN THE SAME BREATH HE CAME FROM SECTION 8 HOUSING. 2 thing I draw from this:

1) He forgot his roots when he needed help and got it.

2) He's a fuckin hypocrite for saying fuck welfare when he received it, not his problem.

See, I received food stamps when I was a kid too, my dad ran off and send very little. Oh, and my mom took off too, so I basically raised myself for a coulle years too. Guess who didn't go to school, dropped out and ran off to the military? Guess who didn't have the advantage of basic education while young like some others? Guess who had to get it on their own? See, mr compassionate, we all have stories of our own, but when garbage (Republicans) get together and say fuck the poor, then fuck them. Nothing worse than an ingrate who gladly took the handout, then turns and says, 'what do I owe you?'

I really think it's more about classism, as diverting money from the military budget to welfare, essentially what Clinton did that pissed off the rich, isn't felt by the rich, it just pisses them off that a poo slob gets a break. What's pathetic is that the average Joe voter is too dumb to see it and fascilitates the rich via their vote.

>>>>>>>>>>>I am NOT the exception that proves he rule. I have found myself surrounded by persons just like myself - those who were at the bottom and worked our asses off to get to where we are. And we're still moving upward.

And you did so by way of using section 8 housing, yet you say fuck welfare. What is that Hyp... word? BYW, remind me not to retain your svs, you haven't caught on to the art of the argument by saying you used welfare and then fuck welfare in the same post.

>>>>>>>>>Illusion? It is ONLY for those who do not want to walk through the smoke and mirrors. THat's why I worked so hard with those kids in the past - to show them it CAN be done, and show them just a few of the ways to do it.

I'm tho proud of you.

Talk about whining:S

Oh you poor soul. got to have the gov get you yours

wwwwhhhhhaaaa wwwhahhhaaa mommy, mmommmmyyyB|

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I realize this is a foreign concept anymore in the US, but remember the concept of competition? Anymore there are CEO entitlements, of course we blame the poor and middle class for begging for entitlements such as socialized meds, but there are far more corporate entitlements. Guys like Herb Keller and Buffet are considered fools, cut throat guys like Trump are revered as genius and brilliant.

That doesn't nearly answer my questions. Corporations exist to make money for the owners by providing a product or a service that people need. By their nature companies have to stay competitive if the owners are going to continue making money. There's a huge difference between a private entity (corporation) having "pork" and "entitlements" and a public entity (government) having "pork" and "entitlements".
-Calvin

That doesn't nearly answer my questions. Corporations exist to make money for the owners by providing a product or a service that people need. By their nature companies have to stay competitive if the owners are going to continue making money. ".

Many farms are paid by the government NOT to produce.

Taxpayers subsidize many corporations either directly, as in the case of farms, or indirectly.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

That doesn't nearly answer my questions. Corporations exist to make money for the owners by providing a product or a service that people need. By their nature companies have to stay competitive if the owners are going to continue making money. ".

Taxpayers subsidize many corporations either directly, as in the case of farms, or indirectly.

You make a good point. When something completely counter-intuitive or stupid happens like farms being paid not to produce, you can bet your ass the government has intruded on the free market in some way.
-Calvin

You make a good point. When something completely counter-intuitive or stupid happens like farms being paid not to produce, you can bet your ass the government has intruded on the free market in some way.

Exactly. this type of program was first set up to boost prices of corn and beans. They had another program that went with it to offer loans against "target" prices. If the crop price was below the target price the farmer could take a "loan" out against the crop and seal the bin. When the crop hit or went above the target price the farmer had to sell and repay the loan.

Today, the CRP program pays the farmer to idle the land. This land is supposed to be at the lower end of productivity but is not always the case. CRP programs were to take land out of production to boost the price. Today however, this program is pushed more by sports groups and environmentists. go figure.
Abraham Lincoln

idol land. .....pushed more by ...... environmentists. go figure.

go figure

opss, go firure
Abraham Lincoln

Exactly. this type of program was first set up to boost prices of corn and beans. They had another program that went with it to offer loans against "target" prices. If the crop price was below the target price the farmer could take a "loan" out against the crop and seal the bin. When the crop hit or went above the target price the farmer had to sell and repay the loan.

Today, the CRP program pays the farmer to [idle] the land. This land is supposed to be at the lower end of productivity but is not always the case. CRP programs were to take land out of production to boost the price. Today however, this program is pushed more by sports groups and environmentists. go figure.

Hmmm … according to this, the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) [I had to look up the acronym … to me “CRP” stands for the “Critical Reagents ProgramB|] accounted for ~8% of the farm bill on FY05. It sounds like the CRP is different from what you describe in the first paragraph.

The stated goal of the CRP seems to be to facilitate the planting of native vegetation in order to proactively minimize or reverse soil erosion, facilitate nitrate filtration before reaching drinking supplies, and minimize degradation of natural weather breakers.

Considering the real costs associated with landslides on the west coast, loss of barrier islands to lessen hurricane impacts in places like New Orleans, soil erosion, the Dust Bowl, this doesn’t sound like a poor investment. But, as we all know, goals do not always resemble the final implementation and execution of programs (government or otherwise). What are the criticisms? Is this program just an easy target?

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Today, the CRP program pays the farmer to [idle] the land. This land is supposed to be at the lower end of productivity but is not always the case. CRP programs were to take land out of production to boost the price. Today however, this program is pushed more by sports groups and environmentists. go figure.

Hmmm … according to this, the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) [I had to look up the acronym … to me “CRP” stands for the “Critical Reagents ProgramB|] accounted for ~8% of the farm bill on FY05. It sounds like the CRP is different from what you describe in the first paragraph.

The stated goal of the CRP seems to be to facilitate the planting of native vegetation in order to proactively minimize or reverse soil erosion, facilitate nitrate filtration before reaching drinking supplies, and minimize degradation of natural weather breakers.

Considering the real costs associated with landslides on the west coast, loss of barrier islands to lessen hurricane impacts in places like New Orleans, soil erosion, the Dust Bowl, this doesn’t sound like a poor investment. But, as we all know, goals do not always resemble the final implementation and execution of programs (government or otherwise). What are the criticisms? Is this program just an easy target?

VR/Marg

You are correct as that is what the program has turned into today. It is what it is but, that is not how or why the program started out. Intentions are good and in most cases (not all) it works as designed. I can show you land under that program that is was never intended to cover.

Again, initially this was a price control type program as well as an environmental one. The program name has changed some over the years
Abraham Lincoln

As a lawyer you have great potential, but still claiming to be impoverished (rolls eyes).

No, I said I WAS impoverished. I have a negative net worth at this time, but I am not impoverished. A few thousand per month in extra taxes, however, would put a couple of people out of a job.

I'm 6'1", you are likely different, you probably have a hiher than average natural/genetic predisposition to learn/test than others.

I'm 6'1". We seem to have more and more in common.;)

Actually, I don't consider myself any better than anyone else. I consider myself average, at best. I have higher than average intelligence, but it is balanced out by the ADHD and other issues that I have. I am not smart enough to have an innate understanding of things.

I failed out of college, actually, before working myself back in. See, I was a victim back then. I couldn't be expected to do the same thing as all of these other people in school. I had a condition that prevented me from doing it. ADHD was a rockin' excuse, and I had it - BIG TIME. In fact I still have it - BIG TIME.

Once I stopped feeling sorry for myself, however, it turned out that it was a manageable thing. See, those people who told me that I couldn't succeed were those who saw my ADHD every day. I had not the discipline to succeed. I could probably hope for a sales job or something, but a college degree just would not be something to look forward to.

And I believed them - those people who upon thoughtful reflection really and truly thought that they were doing the right thing. Doing the best thing. Just letting me know not to bother trying.

So I worked my ASS off and competed against others who probably had an easier time. I got back into college. I applied for scholarships and got them. I joined ROTC and got a full scholarship from them. And I worked two jobs so that I could pay rent and pay off my consumer debt. I did so while taking an excess load in college so I could graduate before my scholarship ran out.

I had a goal - graduate. And I did whatever was necessary for that goal. If it meant no drinking and partying, so be it. It meant getting up at 3:00 every morning to study because there were no distractions. See - I COULD do it. I just needed to believe in myself and make the necessary sacrifices.

I had almost zero fun in college. I didn't spend my days and nights partying. Others could party and have fun and still do well at school but I couldn't. If I did I would fail.

I am NOT the "best" at anything, sir. I got where I was through hard work. I've seen others who are FAR more capable than I do much much less. And I've seen people with less do more. The ones who do more with less don't feel sorry for themselves. The ones who do less with more feel sorry for themselves.

I don't ever feel sorry for myself. I don't ever want others feeling sorry for me. And I sure as hell am NOT going to tell people to go feel sorry for themselves at their lot in life.

How can anyone with a heart disallow others medical care just cause they're special, like you lawrocket.

There's a difference between "disallow" and "get it yourself." I apparently have not been allowed to have plastic surgery, though my ugly self could use it. Nobody has paid for it.

Are you suggesting that these people are being denied permission to have health coverage? I am suggesting merely that if they change their priorities they WILL have that insurance on their own.

My single favorite appliance is being unused - my beloved kegerator sits idle and empty. That kegerator is a luxury that I could afford a couple of years ago. With the investments that I am making it is time to trim the fat. Now I take care of the yard and the pool myself. And having good beer on tap is just a luxury I cannot afford right now given the purchase of an additional property. Two months ago we couldn't have afforded to buy an investment property. My wife and I cut a lot of fat - including my beer.[:/]

I'll have to settle for keeping my present piece of shit car because it's paid off. Health insurance is important to me. It is important for my kids. And when I look at my priorities, fun goes out the window.

LAWROCKET SAYS BASICALLY, FUCK WELFARE, YOU HAVE NO ENTITLEMENTS

Why on earth is ANYONE "entitled" to ANYTHING that is paid for by someone else? Are people "entitled" to food? Are people "entitled" to be thin? Are people "entitled" to energy? How about "entitled" to a car? No, they are not.

WHEN HE SAYS IN THE SAME BREATH HE CAME FROM SECTION 8 HOUSING

Exactly. It is NOT an endless cycle. I started in section 8 housing, which helped make sure my dad had more money for beer and drugs. My roots are not forgotten - they are seared into my memory. The taxpayer fucking supported that lifestyle. NOBODY should have to support that.

He's a fuckin hypocrite for saying fuck welfare when he received it, not his problem.

Yes, I DID receive it - until I was 6. Hypocrisy? That's one way of looking at it. Abuse of a system by my parents? That's another way of looking at it. My dad always had a Corvette. It turned out that section 8 was merely a way of him keeping up his lifestyle. My mother got us out of it once she squared herself away.

Guess who didn't go to school, dropped out and ran off to the military? Guess who didn't have the advantage of basic education while young like some others? Guess who had to get it on their own?

And you actually did it? With your level of disadvantage? Wow. We have a lot more in common. The difference is that I look at those times when I was getting myself out of it as those times when I was at my best - not those times when society was at its worst.

I look at those times to appreciate what I've built for myself and my kids (the ones I waited until my 30's to have - why put kids through what I was put through?).

Nothing worse than an ingrate who gladly took the handout, then turns and says, 'what do I owe you?'

Ingrate? Perhaps. I didn't gladly take a handout. If that were the case I'd still be gladly taking a handout. I'm not.

you haven't caught on to the art of the argument by saying you used welfare and then fuck welfare in the same post.

Oh, I understand it. Do you tell recovered alcoholics to shut the fuck up for lecturing about the evils of alcohol? How about ex addicts saying "Just say no?" Fucking hypocrites, right?

No. Hypocrites are the people lecturing against sexual perversions while engaging in them. Hypocrites are those folks who do "just say no" ads and then get busted. Not those who understand in hindsight.

I really think it's more about classism...What's pathetic is that the average Joe voter is too dumb to see it

That's classism - the average Joe voter is simply an idiot. There is an inherent messianic uality to this line of thought - the messiah will lead those who don't know what's best for them to the promised land.

A couple of thousand years ago, Moses said, "Pick up your shovels, load your camels, mount your asses, come with me, I'll lead you to the promised land." Today, Lucky says, "Put down your shovels, sit on you asses, light up a Camel, for this is the promised land"

I, for one, do not think that the average Joe is stupid, as you do. I do not elevate mysel to the pedestal of being more intelligent, more brilliant, more compassionate, more enlightened, etc., than anybody.

I do not believe that you are dumb or evil or horrible, or less compassionate, etc. I merely believe that you have different way of looking at things. I am comfortable with the knowledge that I do not have the answers for everybody. I truly believe, however, that nobody better fucking tell me how to live my life except my wife and kids, because I have responsibilities toward them and nobody else.

And I have enough experience to realize that my subjective opinion is not objective reality.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Now I take care of the yard and the pool myself.

20 to 1 this is the ONLY thing Lucky spends any real time on.

(Anders and Hakens)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Talk about whining:S

I'm a poor soul. I need to have the corps get theirs

wwwwhhhhhaaaa wwwhahhhaaa mommy, mmommmmyyyB|

I reitterate:

I've read so many of your enlightening posts that I think I need some education to get back to where I was . Try posting some data and other reference if you want to teach, you know, how I do when I post.

That doesn't nearly answer my questions. Corporations exist to make money for the owners by providing a product or a service that people need. By their nature companies have to stay competitive if the owners are going to continue making money. There's a huge difference between a private entity (corporation) having "pork" and "entitlements" and a public entity (government) having "pork" and "entitlements".

You asked:

Why would they/ should they sacrifice their bonuses, which is essentially the same question. Right, this is America, the land of the so-called free market, shouldn't the CEO's get their bonuses even in light of of corporate or American disasters? You and Rush advocate CEO's getting paid before anyone else, even if it bankrupts the company/corp. Astonishing.

Does that answer your question the way you want, US corps are garbage and this lovely country defends them, so they won't / shouldn't do the ethical thing; they should continue to exploit.

If your party had the guts they would demand ethical behavior from corps or at least intervien into theCEO side the way they do the worker side by threatening to void contracts if workers excercize their rights. But your party is for class seperation and defends the CEO's and corps in general. So thy should be as sleezy as a sleezy country allows them to be.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>There's a huge difference between a private entity (corporation) having "pork" and "entitlements" and a public entity (government) having "pork" and "entitlements".

Not when they work together. Corporations and the government have merged in many ways. A great example of that is the legal sharing of your personal information between them for the greater good of the 2 intertwined entities.

The example I gave of the American Airlines CEO taking his bonus after 911, employees were laid off, then your boy granted the ailines millions/billions to keep them afloat. So you say the gov pork and private corp pork are in no way connected huh? How about Boeing with all the gov programs they have and the CEO's fat check and bonuses? See, you really can't disconnect the two, as much as you would like to. But I'm sure the CEO's appreciate the underclass supporting them, they thank you.

Surely you don't digress. The gov intrudes constantly, making the best system of gov in the world, trash. Capitalism becomes fascism when the gov intrudes to the level they have here.

Today, the CRP program pays the farmer to idle the land. This land is supposed to be at the lower end of productivity but is not always the case. CRP programs were to take land out of production to boost the price. Today however, this program is pushed more by sports groups and environmentists. go figure.

When you say, pushed by, you are tyring to blame these groups. These groups may aplaude it, but it takes, well, an act of Congress to pass it, as well as a presiedential sig.

Can't you concede without blaming the left?