warpedskydiver

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'

If I went to live in a Muslim country you can rest assured I would not be given any special treatment because I am not a Muslim.

Only if you paid the jizwa and became a dhimmi - but even then you wouldn't be equal...just bumped up to a second-class citizen.

What?????? and what?????

In the words of DMX "Here we go again":S

I know a few woman i would like to give my Jizwa too;)

My apologies - I misspelled.

jiz·yah /ˈdʒɪzyə/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[jiz-yuh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun Islam.
the poll tax formerly paid by minority religious groups within the Muslim empire.
Also, jizya.

A dhimmi (ذمي, collectively: أهل الذمة, ahl al-dhimma, the people of the dhimma or pact of protection, Ottoman Turkish zimmi) was a free, non-Muslim subject of a state governed in accordance with sharia law. A dhimmi is a person of the dhimma, a term which refers in Islamic law to a pact contracted between non-Muslims and authorities from their Muslim government. This status was originally only made available to non-Muslims who were People of the Book (i.e. Jews and Christians), but was later extended to include Sikhs, Zoroastrians, Mandeans, and, in some areas, Hindus and Buddhists. Dhimmi had more rights than other non-Muslim religious subjects, but fewer legal and social rights than Muslims. This status applied to millions of people living from the Atlantic Ocean to India from the 7th century until modern times. Over time, many dhimmis converted to Islam. Most conversions were voluntary and happened for a number of different reasons but forced conversion played a role in some later periods of Islamic history, mostly in the 12th century under the Almohad dynasty of North Africa and al-Andalus as well as in Persia where Shi'a Islam is dominant.

Does that help?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

As the first half it seems is more said just to piss of Muslims.

That's a pretty easy thing to do.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Yep

Hey I think you should be allowed to practice any religion you want, but there are only one set of laws that shall govern.

Agreed 100%

Kinda of a thread drift, but, what do you think about this story? So? Do we make the muslums wear blue jeans and t-shirts or a suit and get the wowen to take off the burkas for a day? http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article407311.ece
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Good on them. PM Howard is quite an impressive figure (from my view from afar).

Such an attitude here would be torn apart in the US press.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Only if you paid the jizwa and became a dhimmi - but even then you wouldn't be equal...just bumped up to a second-class citizen.

What a load of sweaty bollocks
To know requires proof
To believe requires evidence
To have faith requires neither.
If you stick with that, we'll never be confused again

What a load of sweaty bollocks

I've posted a link to a site that shows that it still goes on today - what do you have, besides your overblown opinion?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I've posted a link to a site that shows that it still goes on today - what do you have, besides your overblown opinion?

I live in an Islamic country and I certainly dont get treat as a 2nd class citizen.
To know requires proof

I live in an Islamic country and I certainly dont get treat as a 2nd class citizen.

And I've lived in one and WAS treated as one - equally valid.

To be more clear, I should have said that it is not the case in "ALL" Muslim countries - conversely, YOU could have been more clear and given the example that it isn't the case in the country YOU live in.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

To be more clear, I should have said that it is not the case in "ALL" Muslim countries - conversely, YOU could have been more clear and given the example that it isn't the case in the country YOU live in.

Agreed 100% - I just wish the US government would differentiate on the same level.
To know requires proof

Agreed 100% - I just wish the US government would differentiate on the same level.

Hell, why should they? Not even you and I did, and we've been there!

We (all of us) have the unfortunate habit of equating the extremist position of a group (which gets the airtime on the news) with the basic views of a group (unless there's specific experience to counteract) all too often...
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

As the first half it seems is more said just to piss of Muslims.

Hell, all you need to do is draw a cartoon in a newspaper to do that. I would love to see what would happen if you gave South Park a chance to do there stuff.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!