vortexring

Why would you want a gun?

5 mornings in a row this SOB ( a crow) was outside my window at 4:15AM.. Day 5......Ahhh Ahhh Ahhh BANG. it was NOT outside my window on day 6:)

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Wow - so essentially if somebody in the Twin Towers had a handgun, the terrorists wouldn't have flown their hijacked a/c into them?:S

Fuckin' hell - I can feel a Badger recipe coming on here...:D

No silly Badger recipes here. Only cool Badger stuffs!!

Badger Ordinance, great stuff from great people.:)
Or when something really needs to die, fast.B|

5 mornings in a row this SOB ( a crow) was outside my window at 4:15AM.. Day 5......Ahhh Ahhh Ahhh BANG. it was NOT outside my window on day 6:)

:DPure undiluted evil

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Because God said I could have one.;)

You hear the voices too?

th th ttthhh the voi vvvooiii vvvvoooiiiices (crazy face)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Wow - so essentially if somebody in the Twin Towers had a handgun, the terrorists wouldn't have flown their hijacked a/c into them?:S

Yep, you will need just one more ingredient, your cunt queen included, with all the royals. Who knows, maybe some good will come out of it.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Because they're fun... But I don't really want one right now because I don't have much time to play with it.

That could possibly beg a question - but I'm to polite to ask it...!;)

Well, there is that old Freudian theory.

You're right... they ARE compensating for something.

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
-- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

The above seems about right....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Honestly, though, I have several firearms and don't even shoot them very often. I have a concealed carry permit and only use it a couple times a year to carry a pistol in the car.

The thing I like most about guns is the really nice engineering and machine work that goes into them. It's a gearhead thing I guess.

It's a lot of fun to go out and do precision target practice. It's also fun to shoot at things that blow up when the bullet hits (plastic bottles of water, etc.).

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I would have to say hobby.

I can't imagine someone spending $3000 on air guns for any other reason. My only remaining firearm is a .22LR, and is used only for plinking. I guess it could be pressed into service if someone were forcing their way into my house, but I'm more likely to use double swords in that situation.:D (Oportunity knocks once, and all that..)

t

It's the year of the Pig.

Well, why would you?

Through your hobby?

Through the enjoyment of physically shooting something - it is fun!

Or...

For something of different perspective, why do I have guns (not really why I want a gun?)

Because it was a birthday present from my father when I turned 16.
Isn’t that what every dad in America gives his daughter? :)I would have much, much rather had a car or a computer.
Because I inherited a bunch (yes, I know the exact #) from him.

The only ones that really have value to me are (1) his service revolver, (2) a handgun from South America that has gorgeous blue and white pearlized/abalone-looking inlay (aesthetics – it’s pretty):$, & (3) aforementioned birthday present rifle.

How many of you can say your dad was an arms dealer?

All of the guns I inherited remain with my mom in the Midwest. Thought about bringing them to Illinois where I was living and selling them to another skydiver (who was a US Marshal) a few years ago … then I found out about the whole “FOID” card thing.

Christmas Eve 2002, I spent sawing open pad-locked boxes of ammunition and gun cases because no one knew where the keys were or what was in which boxes.

It’s a great exercise in diplomacy to call up a state trooper and tell him you have a house full of guns & ammunition.B| He was more than happy to come and take away the old ammunition. (Sought advice from friend the federal marshal a prioiri to calling.)

We also had a house full of archery equipment, both bow-hunting & target, snow-shoes (both old-school animal hide and new-fancy aluminum frames), fishing gear, camping gear, aluminum Grumman canoe (from before they merged w/Northrop), etc. The guns were a *piece* of a sportsman lifestyle. I inherited the guns and the love of the out-of-doors, but I don’t combine the two. When I’m backpacking or climbing a Colorado 14-er, to me carrying a gun sounds like extra weight. About half of my 14-ers have been solos; I feel much safer about the threat from ‘two-leggeds’ when I’m somewhere that you have to walk uphill 2000 feet+ than somewhere to you can drive to.

I think for him there was a certain ‘gear-headed’-ness about it as well. I see that in myself w/r/t BASE & skydiving gear, my ice-climbing gear, and other stuff.;) Just not the guns.

What am I going to do with them? I’m not selling them illegally. “Single young female in Atlanta with guns for sale” is no more attractive to me because not everyone who wants a gun is as upstanding as the folks around here.:| I’m not giving them away. “Hello, inertia” – they sit there. Eventually I’ll do something with them … just low on my priority list now.

Would I actively seek to go out & spend my money on them? No - there are so many other adult toys I would rather have.:)
VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Yep, you will need just one more ingredient, your cunt queen included, with all the royals. Who knows, maybe some good will come out of it.

Now, there is just no need for that is there? What did Her Majesty do to upset you?:)

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Well, why would you?

Through your hobby?

Through the enjoyment of physically shooting something - it is fun!

Or...

For something of different perspective, why do I have guns (not really why I want a gun?)

Because it was a birthday present from my father when I turned 16.
Isn’t that what every dad in America gives his daughter? :)I would have much, much rather had a car or a computer.
Because I inherited a bunch (yes, I know the exact #) from him.

The only ones that really have value to me are (1) his service revolver, (2) a handgun from South America that has gorgeous blue and white pearlized/abalone-looking inlay (aesthetics – it’s pretty):$, & (3) aforementioned birthday present rifle.

How many of you can say your dad was an arms dealer?

All of the guns I inherited remain with my mom in the Midwest. Thought about bringing them to Illinois where I was living and selling them to another skydiver (who was a US Marshal) a few years ago … then I found out about the whole “FOID” card thing.

Christmas Eve 2002, I spent sawing open pad-locked boxes of ammunition and gun cases because no one knew where the keys were or what was in which boxes.

It’s a great exercise in diplomacy to call up a state trooper and tell him you have a house full of guns & ammunition.B| He was more than happy to come and take away the old ammunition. (Sought advice from friend the federal marshal a prioiri to calling.)

We also had a house full of archery equipment, both bow-hunting & target, snow-shoes (both old-school animal hide and new-fancy aluminum frames), fishing gear, camping gear, aluminum Grumman canoe (from before they merged w/Northrop), etc. The guns were a *piece* of a sportsman lifestyle. I inherited the guns and the love of the out-of-doors, but I don’t combine the two. When I’m backpacking or climbing a Colorado 14-er, to me carrying a gun sounds like extra weight. About half of my 14-ers have been solos; I feel much safer about the threat from ‘two-leggeds’ when I’m somewhere that you have to walk uphill 2000 feet+ than somewhere to you can drive to.

I think for him there was a certain ‘gear-headed’-ness about it as well. I see that in myself w/r/t BASE & skydiving gear, my ice-climbing gear, and other stuff.;) Just not the guns.

What am I going to do with them? I’m not selling them illegally. “Single young female in Atlanta with guns for sale” is no more attractive to me because not everyone who wants a gun is as upstanding as the folks around here.:| I’m not giving them away. “Hello, inertia” – they sit there. Eventually I’ll do something with them … just low on my priority list now.

Would I actively seek to go out & spend my money on them? No - there are so many other adult toys I would rather have.:)
VR/Marg

You ever need a buyer for those guns let me know. I know someone (me) who would be interested. Lucky you, I would have been real happy if my dad had been a gundealer.

To answer the question of the OP:

I have been around guns my whole life and target shooting is one of my main hobbies. I grew up in the mountains of NC and after school me and my buddies would grab our .22's and go plinking. Good times...I have a family and if someone breaks into my house in the middle of the night I will be ready for them. I don't want this to happen and doubtful it will but if it does I will be prepared. That piece of mind is something I valus greatly.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

The smilie doesn't make it cute or funny.

It's not surprising that a non-American, who doesn't live here, wouldn't know that 911 is how you call the police in most (but not all) US areas.

Just because someone posts here doesn't make them American, subject to American laws, knowledgeable about American stuff, or in agreement with what (a few/some/most/all) Americans think.

As far as guns are concerned, I'd want a .22 rifle to plink, and a shotgun for home protection. In 52 years, I've never been in a situation where I felt like a gun would have been an advantage, so a concealed carry holds little attraction.

But taking them apart and putting them back together is fun.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

make sure you wear rubber gloves, the metal is impregnated with pharmceuticals (yes, the drug and arms industry are in cahoots) designed to make otherwise peaceful people go nuts and start shooting things

it increases sales for the bullet companies

(for the stupid people ====> :P)

Homer Buffakill

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The smilie doesn't make it cute or funny.

It's not surprising that a non-American, who doesn't live here, wouldn't know that 911 is how you call the police in most (but not all) US areas.

Just because someone posts here doesn't make them American, subject to American laws, knowledgeable about American stuff, or in agreement with what (a few/some/most/all) Americans think.

As far as guns are concerned, I'd want a .22 rifle to plink, and a shotgun for home protection. In 52 years, I've never been in a situation where I felt like a gun would have been an advantage, so a concealed carry holds little attraction.

Wendy W.

Don't worry - I've visted the US around perhaps a dozen times now, and stopped over there many times for short periods, going to other places.

Basically I know how to call emergency services in quite a large number of countries, including the US. I earlier replied out of context in regards to this 911 issue, and besides, does it really matter?:)

Neither is the racism I was subjected to, when I lived in his country. And it was a wink, not a smiley.

Well, what racism did Her Majesty the Queen direct at you then, to justify what you called her?:|

I have the same justification to call a waste of space whatever I want. Don't you like Bush bashing? I actually like royalty bashing. They serve no good purpose as demonstrated in the Diana Fiasco, among also to centuries of butalities to other civilizations.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon