Zipp0

Moron Bush flapping his moron gums again

Are we just as likely to use a nuclear bomb as N. Korea or Iran? If yes, why?

Well, 1st, you've got them. 2nd you've used them before.

No one else has.

t

3rd, we've invaded more countries in the last 6 years than any other nation I can think of...and they just happen to surround Iran. I can't blame them for feeling a bit threatened.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

No one else has.

t

3rd, we've invaded more countries in the last 6 years than any other nation I can think of...and they just happen to surround Iran. I can't blame them for feeling a bit threatened.

Blues,
Dave

I can't blame Israel for feeling threatened, either, when a nation that has vowed to wipe them from the face of the Earth is in the midst of developing nuclear weapons.

I foresee a replay of June 1981....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Iran should not be allowed to have nuclear weapons?

Should the US? Why?

.jim

Becuase we use major weapons responsibly as with Japan in WWII..... oh wait, NM. :$

From the party that loves guns and says an armed society is apolite siciety, now they want to select who gets weapons.

No one else has.

t

Did you come up with that all by yourself?

Why not address his point instead of being insulting?

Come on Kallend, they run out of gas and resort to that kinda stuff..... is this your first rodeo? ;)

No one else has.

t

And I'm glad we did. It saved American lives. I'm glad Col Tibbets turned Hiroshima into a scene resembling Gary, Indiana. It kept my grandfathers from being sent in an invasion of the Japanese home island.

I read once somewhere that the supply of Purple Hearts made in anticipation of the invasion of Japan has yet to be exhausted since that invasion didn't happen.

And there is a slight difference between Fat Man and Little Boy and modern Nukes. It's a case of a BB gun versus a Howitzer.

Hiroshima:

1) Not a military manufacturing area

2) Unmollested by US bombs for the purpose of seeing what the human damage would be

3) Russia was collecting and going in after they were the most instrumental in beating Germany, which ended in June/Julyish 45, so we did't want them to go in and get the glory for that venue as well

4) Hiro Hito had already agreed to a conditional surrender, unconditional was just around the corner.

See, your arguments really fall flat when you see that we went to Kwajalien after WWII and tested nukes just off their shores, killing many of their people and creating a health hazzard to the proportions that they were radioactive 50 years after we were done. The US has been irresponsible and the least trustworthy, yet you make unsubstantiated claims.

No one else has.

t

Come on Kallend, they run out of gas and resort to that kinda stuff..... is this your first rodeo? ;)

Is that similar to "you're the ones that don't want children to have health insurance" ? :)
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

No one else has.

t

Is that similar to "you're the ones that don't want children to have health insurance" ? :)

Uh, case/point. Yes I am, but how does that really play into this? Furthermore, you only want responsible 5-year olds having insurance, so your paraphrasaztion is obviously and typically exadgerated.

Uh, case/point. Yes I am, but how does that really play into this? Furthermore, you only want responsible 5-year olds having insurance, so your paraphrasaztion is obviously and typically exadgerated.

Just proving the point that "your side" is equally as insulting and exaggerative...as your reply proves yet again, unless you can show me where someone actually said what you like to infer over and over and over again...
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

"killing many of their people"

Show your cite.

Google "Marshall islands cancer" and you'll get 1.6 million hits, some of which are reputable sources, describing the high levels of various cancers that are a result of 60+ nuclear tests in the area.

Show your cite.

Is that in reference to the Kwajalein comment? Sure, headin to work soon, but tonight I will post. In the meantime, Google, "Waterbabies" (babies born with no bone structure) and you will get a headstart on that, or wait and I will tonight. In the meantime, just keep believing we do no harm and that dissent was good then but not now, just like labor orgs. Mike, you ARE a true American, if only I could aspire to that. I will post later tonight.

Just proving the point that "your side" is equally as insulting and exaggerative...as your reply proves yet again, unless you can show me where someone actually said what you like to infer over and over and over again...

Well, Mikey, when YOUR president, whom you back here and with everything I've read (please illustrate any dissent you have for the pres, as I don't wanna misrepreset you) from you, when he signs was it 150B (I recently read only a paultry 120B recently and don't want to exadgerate) war gift for his buddies and shoots down 35B for children in poverty to have medical care, well, do the math.

Actions speak and Bush's action speak as well as his followers who support his every move and whopping 6 vetos, all occurring since the Dems took control of Congress with the possible exception of the stem cell bill.

Show your cite.

Google "Marshall islands cancer" and you'll get 1.6 million hits, some of which are reputable sources, describing the high levels of various cancers that are a result of 60+ nuclear tests in the area.

I think I undrstand Mike a bit more after this, I mean, isn't it common knowledge what the US did post-WWII in the MArshall Islands, Kwajalein in specific and maybe the Bikini Islands? They nuked ships to watch them sink. But this isn't about Mike, it's about the most criminal and damaging admin probably ever.

Apologies on the briefness.

There's some good background on this in the Nuclear Test Personal Review Program (NTPR):
http://www.dtra.mil/rd/programs/nuclear_personnel/index.cfm
&
http://www.dtra.mil/rd/programs/nuclear_personnel/atr.cfm

US and other NWS military service members, as well as indigenous islanders, have been impacted by the health effects of ionizing radiation.

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Blues,
Dave

I can't blame Israel for feeling threatened, either, when a nation that has vowed to wipe them from the face of the Earth is in the midst of developing nuclear weapons.

Just noting, the point is made that Iran probably feels threatened because the US has invaded the surrounding countries. The counter point is made that Israel has reason to feel threatened. It's nice to see people acknowledging one of the primary reasons for our region building project.

Crozby - thanks for the info.

Lucky - nice spin as usual from you...and you wonder why people keep calling bullshit on you? Drop the rhetoric and just give the data and you make convince a few people of your points...
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Well, Mikey, when YOUR president, whom you back here and with everything I've read (please illustrate any dissent you have for the pres, as I don't wanna misrepreset you) from you, when he signs was it 150B (I recently read only a paultry 120B recently and don't want to exadgerate) war gift for his buddies and shoots down 35B for children in poverty to have medical care, well, do the math.

Actions speak and Bush's action speak as well as his followers who support his every move and whopping 6 vetos, all occurring since the Dems took control of Congress with the possible exception of the stem cell bill.

Ah, more rhetoric and insult... since you don't have FACT to back up your bullshit claim of "war profits for his buddies" since if that WAS the case, Bush would already have been impeached and on his way out of office.

But the rhetoric sure makes better press than the facts, doesn't it...any choice words for the Dems in their attempt to back-door their socialized medicine Ponzi scheme past the President?

FYI - a search of my posts in regards to taxes and the like will show many instances where I've bemoaned the fact that the Republicans are almost exactly the same as the Dems when it comes to wasting money.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

No one else has.

t

And it seems our leaders or future leaders want to use them. I missed the days when the US tried to prevent Nukes from being used....instead of threatening ot use them so others can't.

No one else has.

t

And it seems our leaders or future leaders want to use them. I missed the days when the US tried to prevent Nukes from being used....instead of threatening ot use them so others can't.

Oddly enough, I can't find anything in the new crawls about Bush threatening to nuke Iran in his speech...can you point me to that source?

kthxbye
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Well, the main reason for not using them in the past was MAD.

I doubt the US has that to fear at this point, so the odd tactical nuke here or there may be seen as a good return on investment. There is little point in having things you'll never use.

Smaller countries doubtless see nukes like a bee sting. Yes, you got us, but it hurt. And like bees, there are a lot of small countries.

What would have made someone lord of the battlefield 200 years ago is now available in most Walmarts. I don't think it's realistic to think that smaller countries will not have nukes in the next 200 years or so. Technology trickles down. It's always been that way. I don't think the US should fear countries. I think the danger comes from people who will do anything for money, and the greatest risk will come from within.
It was US anthrax used in those attacks. I think the 1st Nuclear attack on the US will be a US nuke.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Ah, more rhetoric and insult... since you don't have FACT to back up your bullshit claim of "war profits for his buddies" since if that WAS the case, Bush would already have been impeached and on his way out of office.....

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/story.aspx?guid=A19C4E73B64D4C03B313A3A743078046&siteid=reut07

Ah, more rhetoric and insult... since you don't have FACT to back up your bullshit claim of "war profits for his buddies" since if that WAS the case, Bush would already have been impeached and on his way out of office.....

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/story.aspx?guid=A19C4E73B64D4C03B313A3A743078046&siteid=reut07

Yes, everyone is aware that defense companies make more money when there's a war... I'm speaking to the bullshit claims that the purpose of the war was to increase "war profits to his buddies".
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Perhaps I haven't been following this closely enough, but I thought the atomic watchdog folks had found no evidence that Iran was in the process of developing nuclear weapons.

On the Israel point, that suggests to me they should be more interested in coming to the table and trying to find a solution that satisfies all parties. And if it reaches the point that a pre-emptive strike is justified, it should be Israel defending herself, not us playing world police.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Hiroshima:

1) Not a military manufacturing areaIt was an important army depot

2) Unmollested by US bombs for the purpose of seeing what the human damage would be

3) Russia was collecting and going in after they were the most instrumental in beating Germany, which ended in June/Julyish 45, so we did't want them to go in and get the glory for that venue as well
wrong. it ended in may that year, and as far as instrumental, all the forces, from east and west of germany were instrumental.

4) Hiro Hito had already agreed to a conditional surrender, unconditional was just around the corner.no, he had not, he actually waited until August 9th, 3 days later!!! finally accepting the allies conditions of surrender.

See, your arguments really fall flat when you see that we went to Kwajalien after WWII and tested nukes just off their shores, killing many of their people and creating a health hazzard to the proportions that they were radioactive 50 years after we were done. The US has been irresponsible and the least trustworthy, yet you make unsubstantiated claims.

Hmm, I think you need to revisit you hysterical historical facts, Japan, was not a poor helpless victim. We had to finish their murderous rampage.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon