Tonto

"Well, Mandela is dead..." G W Bush

What must they think?

We (as a group - not me personally) elected an absolute bozo. He pulled it off at first with false bravado and some good old-fashioned breat-beating patriotism. But it must be nearly impossible even for his supporters to continue to take him very seriously.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

We (as a group - not me personally) elected an absolute bozo.

Agreed, and it was guaranteed to happen

What do you do when this is your choice - picking from 3 different bozos that were screened during primaries from 12 different bozos?

And guess what? - this next round is half new bozos, and half the same bozos from last time!!

Maybe this would help:

The republicans - stop putting forth your guys from the "in Club" and find someone 'real'

The democrats - stop encouraging idiots and panderers and extremists and multi-billionaires with no clue and find someone 'real'

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Maybe this would help:

The republicans - stop putting forth your guys from the "in Club" and find someone 'real'

The democrats - stop encouraging idiots and panderers and extremists and multi-billionaires with no clue and find someone 'real'

Press- give the candidates equal time and quit picking the shortlist for us.

Was the article trying to state they were looking for a former terrorist?

Mandela seems to have erased his past.

Mandela admitted his past. I accept that. Mandela erased his past by admitting to it and explaining it - showing honor and I actually understand his point about armed resistance being his only remaining choice at the time.

It was his wife that really was despicable.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Bush was speaking metaphorically, saying "where (in Iraq) are the people like Mandela." Read the context.

Thanks for the clarifcation.
If done well and thoughtfully, there actually could be an interesting topic there.

Why have no Mandela-like figures emerged in Iraq?

Why do some places and conflicts have figures like Nelson Mandela (Africa), Aung San Suu Kyi (SE Asia), Jose Ramos-Horta (South Asia), Rigoberta Tum (Central America), Fridtjof Nansen (Europe; okay, he's something of a stretch ... but I wanted to include at least one Northern European:)
... but I doubt it would make it past the 30-sec alloted by most commercial media.

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Bush was speaking metaphorically, saying "where (in Iraq) are the people like Mandela." Read the context.

Thanks for the clarifcation.
If done well and thoughtfully, there actually could be an interesting topic there.

The problem is that not only did he blow the metaphor, he blew the explanation of the blown metaphor, and I don't think he tried to explain his misspokenism.

Why have no Mandela-like figures emerged in Iraq?

Too unstable? In open warfare, it's the warlords who have the power. Maybe it is only in resistance within a more stable society that the man with ideals can be heard.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

http://www.webtvhub.com/bush-mandela-is-dead-gaffe-video-american-president-declares-nelson-mandela-dead/

better link to the video -

Bush is an idiot, the world knew he was an idiot well before the last election. Some of us knew he was an idiot, but he still got elected, and now MOST of America knows he is truly an idiot.

He should stop talking and stop thinking - it hurts too much to watch and listen and the country will be better off.

http://www.webtvhub.com/bush-mandela-is-dead-gaffe-video-american-president-declares-nelson-mandela-dead/

better link to the video -

Bush is an idiot, the world knew he was an idiot well before the last election. Some of us knew he was an idiot, but he still got elected, and now MOST of America knows he is truly an idiot.

He should stop talking and stop thinking - it hurts too much to watch and listen and the country will be better off.

Don't hold back...

Tell us how you really feel...

Go ahead...

Let it out.

And guess what? - this next round is half new bozos, and half the same bozos from last time!!

Maybe this would help:

You know, I look at the slate and think, "Is this the best of the best? Is this the best our country has to offer? Three hundred million people, and we get this?"

I think we have made it unattractive to hold high public office. I do like a couple of the candidates, but am pretty certain they will not make it out of the primaries.

I dream of something like the fake president in Dave (the movie). Guy walks in, sits down very matter of factly with a pad and paper and just has honest conversations about what is important, what to do about it, and how to prioritize the resources. Kinda like running a business responsibly. Problem is the Republicans (mostly) have given that concept (running govt. like a business) a bad name.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Cool avatar. Got me one of those a couple years ago too.

BTW, you probably don't remember me, but I owe you a jump.

Yeah, sometimes I sound like on of those credit card commercials.

What's in your wallet?

Bush was speaking metaphorically, saying "where (in Iraq) are the people like Mandela." Read the context. OTOH, someone so challenged in expressing himself should speak literally and stay the f... away from metaphors!

Ah, bullcrap. Bush doesn't know what a metaphor is. When a reporter used the word 'paradigm', Bush handed him 4 nickels!

In fact, if you asked Bush "Mr. President, what is a metaphor?" his response would likely be "Well, hmmmm. Meta, meta.... Ya got me, what is a Meta for?"

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

I dont think its the issue; I think its attractive to the wrong type of people.

Bingo .................. Incompetent Megalomanics dig that kind of power.

Yes, thank you. That is what I meant. There is no longer incentive for me to be President.