Stupid Americans

Thanks. In my insular American life, I'd never heard of him.

That guy – John Safran – is brilliant, in an intellectually smart-ass, acerbic way. He makes Bill O’Reilly and Jon Stewart look like Ned Flanders-wanna-be’s.

This guy seems to take on everyone: ridiculous fatwas, Mormons, Catholic Church, Scientology, KKK, Freemasons, Hindus, God, and Guns. In short, he may be a viable nominee for prophet of DZ.com Speakers Corner :D:D:D

Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

So how many people from the Democratic Republic of the Congo can point out where the United States of America is?

PS: How about when the Civil War of United States of America occurred? How about how many people died during the Civil War of United States of America?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

So how many people from the Democratic Republic of the Congo can point out where the United States of America is?

PS: How about when the Civil War of United States of America occurred? How about how many people died during the Civil War of United States of America?

Uhm,..you do know that he was taking the piss out of Australians and not Americans in that clip,.. don't you?

> So how many people from the Democratic Republic of the Congo can point
> out where the United States of America is?

Poor kids from tiny villages in Niger can point out where the USA is. They can also speak two, often three languages (tribal, french, english.) They're pretty smart.

> So how many people from the Democratic Republic of the Congo can point
> out where the United States of America is?

Poor kids from tiny villages in Niger can point out where the USA is. They can also speak two, often three languages (tribal, french, english.) They're pretty smart.

That must explain why the quality of life is so high in that country.

Blah blah blah....

When I watched that inane video - at the end - one of the next selections that pops up was BASE Impressions by Edgar Kraus (BFL #106).

I dare say you'll get more value out of it...

BASE Impressions

The same thing happened to me ... and I did get more value out of it. :)

>That must explain why the quality of life is so high in that country.

They were some of the happiest people I've ever met. Quality of life is not measured in income.

Children, yes. Adults, no.

Quality of life is measured in health.

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Uhm,..you do know that he was taking the piss out of Australians and not Americans in that clip,.. don't you?

Several people just didn't get it. Maybe the thread title IS appropriate:P

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

>That must explain why the quality of life is so high in that country.

They were some of the happiest people I've ever met. Quality of life is not measured in income.

once basic needs are met, happiness seems somewhat unrelated to income. (caused by richer people spending more, trying to keep up with the even richer). Though nothing says you have to let wealth be a drag.

I get to play on weekends. Not everyone can. Of course I'd be happier if I could work just 2 or 3 days a week, but that's asking a lot.

Several people just didn't get it. Maybe the thread title IS appropriate:P

Ok, ok, I get it. The combination of your thread title (causing assumptions) and lack of attention lead to ... me being stupid.

Thanks. In my insular American life, I'd never heard of him.

That guy – John Safran – is brilliant, in an intellectually smart-ass, acerbic way. He makes Bill O’Reilly and Jon Stewart look like Ned Flanders-wanna-be’s.

This guy seems to take on everyone: ridiculous fatwas, Mormons, Catholic Church, Scientology, KKK, Freemasons, Hindus, God, and Guns. In short, he may be a viable nominee for prophet of DZ.com Speakers Corner :D:D:D

Marg

Will you marry me?;););)

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Sorry, nerdgirl. I was drunk. We could, however, discuss the situation;);)B|:):ph34r:;);)B|:):ph34r:

(someone told me that with enough "Duchenne Smile" type emoticons, I could say just about anything without getting into trouble)

-NickDG

Americans are no more stupid than any other nationality. Americans just do a better job of marketing it.

I don't really agree seeing that President Bush got elected TWICE even after he led the US into a pointless war...

That's an impressive collection of words (and punctuation marks;)) you've assembled.

If you are American, you have just proved Kallend's point. :D