Gravitymaster

Jewish Person for U.S. President

Your poll answers are too limiting. Whether it would piss off Arab leaders and whether that should matter are different issues.

I think Arab leaders would have a problem with it, but they need a push toward peace. A president sympathetic to the Arab position against Israel would not help the chances for peace.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Obviously are present position and support of Israel has done nothing but cause more division, more bloodshed and not mention made us many enemies. Also it is not just the Arabs that have a problem with Israel much of the world has a problem with Israel including the UN.

I think if a Jewish person can some how get elected (I have witnessed more anti-Jewish behavior in the US then ever in my life) and is true to the constitution "separation of church and state" it should not be a problem. Unfortunately in the real world being Jewish would effect his views, just as being Christian effects the views of the current president. Then it would not only be a problem for the Arab countries but for the world.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Unfortunately in the real world being Jewish would effect his views, just as being Christian effects the views of the current president. Then it would not only be a problem for the Arab countries but for the world.

Given a choice between a Jew and another Bush type Christian, I have no doubt which I'd prefer. The Jewish activist groups don't have a history of forcing behavior on the rest of America.

But it's obvious that the Arab world wouldn't accept such a person. They would say exactly what you just say here - that he would be incapable of divorcing his religious views from the topic. So it would be another excuse for at least some of the militants to keep up the fighting.

we shouldnt be choosing our leaders based on what idiots from another country think of him.

we should choose a president that works for us. black, white, jewish, hindu, man, woman, whatever.... its our country, and other countries leaders don't dictate our choices

MB 3528, RB 1182

Given the situation in the Middle East and the fact that diplomacy will be a critical factor in resolving those issues, do you think a Jewish person would be the best choice for the next U.S. President?

I don't care what religion someone is. So long as they uphold the constitution in its entirety, Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Pastafarian, I don't give a damn.

I think it would have implications for relations with Arab states, but I don't think it should be a single deciding factor by any means. I think a candidate's plan for domestic policy should and will shape the nature of elections in the near future, though the Iraq war will play a large part as well.

:)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I think it would have implications for relations with Arab states, but I don't think it should be a single deciding factor by any means. I think a candidate's plan for domestic policy should and will shape the nature of elections in the near future, though the Iraq war will play a large part as well.

:)

I agree, but that's not what I was asking.

Obviously, a Presidents ability to deal with muslim leaders has a lot to with their preceptions of the President and whether of not they are respectful of a differing view. Do you think a muslim leader like Amadenijahd would be able to put aside his disdain for jews enough that he would be willing to negotiate issues facing the Middle East? And since our ability to negotiate solutions to problems like Iran's nuclear program rely heavily on their willingness, would you consider a Presidents ethnicity?

Do you think Condi Rice has experienced problems with muslim leaders based on being female?

we shouldnt be choosing our leaders based on what idiots from another country think of him.

we should choose a president that works for us. black, white, jewish, hindu, man, woman, whatever.... its our country, and other countries leaders don't dictate our choices

I agree, but you cant just ignore the fact that many muslim leaders hate Jews.

So really whats the difference..they allready own us (federal reserve} they allready control us (AIPAC< ADL)they allready guide us (WMD's in IRAQ.)..oh but that's right, I guess if you disagreed with the president you would be automatically Anti -semetic and a holocaust denier...yah Ill pass.

Do you think a muslim leader like Amadenijahd would be able to put aside his disdain for jews enough that he would be willing to negotiate issues facing the Middle East? And since our ability to negotiate solutions to problems like Iran's nuclear program rely heavily on their willingness, would you consider a Presidents ethnicity?

You presume that making nice is sure to provide better diplomatic results. I say bullshit. Having a Jew as president would scare the shit out of the Arab world, and that might help a great deal. Diplomatic negotiations from a position of weakness have been shown to give poor results.

Do you think Condi Rice has experienced problems with muslim leaders based on being female?

Of course! Islamic culture seems to be quite overtly sexist.

Do you think Golda Meir (prime minister of Israel from '69 to '74) experienced probllems with muslim leaders? I say it might be very constructive for the muslim leaders to forced out of their comfort zone, to be forced into the position of being told what they must do by a person they would normally never respect.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Do you think a muslim leader like Amadenijahd would be able to put aside his disdain for jews enough that he would be willing to negotiate issues facing the Middle East?

Just thought I'd point out that, besides the Jewish MP in Iran's parliament, Iran has the second largest population of Jews in the middle east.
And I don't think that the problem is with a Jewish president. A pro Iraq war Zionist president, definitely.

Perhaps. I don't think it would be the foreign leaders' own feelings getting in the way so much as the feelings of many of his constituents. Most guys at that level, regardless of political party affiliation, are not stupid, and realize they have to deal with people they detest.
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

And I don't think that the problem is with a Jewish president. A pro Iraq war Zionist president, definitely.

Now you believe it's wrong for Israel to support war against a nation (not a loosely formed military group) that threatened to send chemical weapons and did launch Scuds, and gave money to the families of suicide bombers?

When Jesus said turn the other cheek, you really did swallow the coolade.

So how big is the "second largest population of Jews in the Middle East," anyway?

Now you believe it's wrong for Israel to support war against a nation (not a loosely formed military group) that threatened to send chemical weapons and did launch Scuds, and gave money to the families of suicide bombers?

I thought we were talking about US Presidents, not Israel. But see how easy it is to fail to distinguish between the two? That was my point.

When Jesus said turn the other cheek, you really did swallow the coolade.

I can see you're still annoyed about the preconceptions that I strained last week. Gray's a bitch. Black and white is so much easier.

So how big is the "second largest population of Jews in the Middle East," anyway?

About 30,000. About the same as in Italy.

Do you think a muslim leader like Amadenijahd would be able to put aside his disdain for jews enough that he would be willing to negotiate issues facing the Middle East

Your mistake is you think desdain for Israel is the same as destine for Jews This is not true.
There are many Jews who are Iranian.

Of course! Islamic culture seems to be quite overtly sexist.

Benazir Bhutto was elected and was a female president (prime Minstar) of Pakistan. Looks like they are ahead of us in woman’s rights. We still have not.

You presume that making nice is sure to provide better diplomatic results. I say bullshit. Having a Jew as president would scare the shit out of the Arab world, and that might help a great deal.

Why?
Are Jews more violent towards Arabs then non-Jewish people? Or do you think that he will be bias and side with Israel just because he is Jewish?

I can see you're still annoyed about the preconceptions that I strained last week. Gray's a bitch. Black and white is so much easier.

In the grey world, Iraq has to answer for its involvement in the war against Israel.

errrrr...I think you have your countries transversed