dorbie

Gore's glass house loses another window

Would this be an example of hypocrisy?

No. This would be an example of a far left wing over reaction and the parroting of such by ditto heads that don't know any better in an attempt to say "gottcha!" which then turns it into far right wing media attack.

For information on the legality and "endangered" status of "Chilean Sea Bass" see; http://www.state.gov/g/oes/rls/fs/2002/8989.htm.

Ha ha - looks like another "Where's my jet" thread.

You would think the "patriots" would save their ire for those who are crapping on the Bill of Rights.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

Meh, forgive them for they know not what they do nor are they in control of their own actions. Whatever they read on Drudge or hear from Rush must be true and they must repeat it.

As opposed to the sterling truth from moveon.org or DU, I suppose.

Hyperbole is fun!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Meh, forgive them for they know not what they do nor are they in control of their own actions. Whatever they read on Drudge or hear from Rush must be true and they must repeat it.

As opposed to the sterling truth from moveon.org or DU, I suppose.

Hyperbole is fun!

I have a vague knowledge of moveon.org; what is DU?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Democratic Underground - another site along the same lines as daily kos or huffpo

I try to stay a little more centrist.

Yes, I've noted.... YOU'RE a centrist and rational in your reasoning and beliefs... anyone disgreeing with you is evidently a mindless sycophant of Rush Limbaugh..
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Yes, I've noted.... YOU'RE a centrist and rational in your reasoning and beliefs... anyone disgreeing with you is evidently a mindless sycophant of Rush Limbaugh..

If you're telling me that dorbie originally became aware of this story because he regularly reads "The Daily Telegraph" (an Austrailian news site) and didn't become aware of it via a right wing news aggregator . . . MAYBE you'd have a case, but I don't think you do.
quade -

If you're telling me that dorbie originally became aware of this story because he regularly reads "The Daily Telegraph" (an Austrailian news site) and didn't become aware of it via a right wing news aggregator . . . MAYBE you'd have a case, but I don't think you do.

I think it was your condescending inference that anyone who leans to the right is just a mindless sheep, who take everything sprayed by the vocal rightwingers as absolute truth.
Or did you mean something different when you wrote:

Uh . . . sweetie . . . y'all might wanna look at which way them folks is a leanin' in that there photo. ;)

They're falling to YOUR left, Paul, but it's not ALL about you.:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Uh . . . sweetie . . . y'all might wanna look at which way them folks is a leanin' in that there photo. ;)

They're falling to YOUR left, Paul, but it's not ALL about you.:P

Hmmm . . . I suppose it does depend on a person's frame of reference and point of view.
quade -

No, I'm saying that you tend to lump conservatives into toothless drooling sycophants of Limbaugh and O'Reilly that can't think for themselves....while the liberals are (of course) the voices of reason and sanity.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Methinks someone's jumped the gun somewhat in branding Gore on this one unless they can demonstrate his daughters nuptial fare was poached.

Besides... he's campaigning about global warming, not diminishing fish stocks. These fish are supposedly endangered because of over-fishing, not because of climate change. They're two entirely un-related issues, albeit both of a green hue.

When someone pushes himself to the forefront as the world's most enlightened person concerning environment, then he must walk the walk at all times, or shut the hell up.

reply]When someone pushes himself to the forefront as the world's most enlightened person concerning environment, then he must walk the walk at all times, or shut the hell up.

I am so happy that you have come up your own rules for how people should act and be.
How do you plan to enforce these new rules?
Pitching a fit in an online forum?

Do you plan to try to enforce these new rules about hypocrisy against Rescumlicans, too?

How about you start with the prostitute patronizing family values guy, Vitter. The one whose wife said that Hillary should have taken a rusty knife to Bill? He totally violated all of his marriage vows and committed serial crimes in the process of patronizing whorehouses. He should resign, shouldn't he? He clearly isn't fit for office when what he says is so far from what he does. Yes or no. Resign or carry on. What say you?

He clearly is a complete and total hypocrite. As he is a Republican, I expect that you and your kind will give him a pass. After all, he didn't hurt anyone, it was consenting adults, and he resolved the issue with his wife, right? So he must be OK. Kind of like Bill and Hillary, eh?

Total situational ethics, Rescumlican style. There is no standard of behaviour that applies to all. The standards are MUCH higher for Democrats than Republicans.

At least Al Gore has the ability to generate discussion on important matters of the day. Agree or disagree, the issues have to be addressed. The Rescumlicans certainly won't say a thing about issues of this kind. It would be bad for business, and might cost money to fix. And we can't have that...

How about you start with the prostitute patronizing family values guy, Vitter

Vitter not only cleared this with his obediant wife servant, he also got the okay from god himself. God told him that he was forgiven. How conveniant is that!!!!
Well, there you go. Vitter is not only a hypocrit, a whoremonger, the master of his "wife"(damn, is that woman stupid or what?), but he is also dillusional and hearing voices. He should be assigned to a padded room. He is obviously deranged.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

At least Al Gore has the ability to generate discussion on important matters of the day. Agree or disagree, the issues have to be addressed.

Al Gore is supposed to be in the know about these things, which means that his family and staff should also have a clue.

I've been hearing about the Chilean Sea Bass for years and how it's an endangered species.

Someone should have put a bug in his darling daughter's ear.

If they are so interested in proving that they are the world's foremost greenies, they could have eaten Tilapia or Grass Carp or something on that order. They might have even done the people in Florida a favor and eaten some of those flying Sturgeon that are overrunning the Suwannee River.
The fact is that they consider themselves to be above the 'every man' rules.

BTW, the rules that Al Gore would choose to set up and enforce, would adversly affect every household in this country, whereas, someone cheating on his wife and calling another man a slimeball for doing the same thing doesn't do a lot of real damage.

>they could have eaten Tilapia or Grass Carp or something on that order.

Right. And you would have called hypocrite on them for the energy required to farm/transport them.

>the rules that Al Gore would choose to set up and enforce, would adversly
>affect every household in this country . . .

Not mine, and not most american's.

>whereas, someone cheating on his wife and calling another man a
>slimeball for doing the same thing doesn't do a lot of real damage.

Right, and calling for conservation does good as opposed to damage.

Al Gore is supposed to be in the know about these things, which means that his family and staff should also have a clue.

I've been hearing about the Chilean Sea Bass for years and how it's an endangered species.

Someone should have put a bug in his darling daughter's ear.

Maybe you should do some simple research before claiming to know more than Al Gore.
Here's a bug for your ear.
http://www.state.gov/g/oes/rls/fs/2002/8989.htm

From government page;

Is Chilean sea bass an endangered species?

No. But large, unreported catches from illegal fishing of this valuable fish has made effective management difficult. In 2000, more than 16,000 tons of Chilean sea bass were legally harvested in the Antarctic management area. Estimates vary, but there may be up to twice that amount taken illegally. Some Chilean sea bass fisheries are managed in a responsible manner, but there are some areas where the species has been and continues to be overfished

It is amazing that some would hate such a person as Al Gore when what he does is beneficial for the entire planet and for future generation.
Some people are just hard to understand. Always preaching hate while claiming to be good christians with good moral values:S
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

reply]When someone pushes himself to the forefront as the world's most enlightened person concerning environment, then he must walk the walk at all times, or shut the hell up.

I am so happy that you have come up your own rules for how people should act and be.
How do you plan to enforce these new rules?
Pitching a fit in an online forum?

Do you plan to try to enforce these new rules about hypocrisy against Rescumlicans, too?

How about you start with the prostitute patronizing family values guy, Vitter. The one whose wife said that Hillary should have taken a rusty knife to Bill? He totally violated all of his marriage vows and committed serial crimes in the process of patronizing whorehouses. He should resign, shouldn't he? He clearly isn't fit for office when what he says is so far from what he does. Yes or no. Resign or carry on. What say you?

He clearly is a complete and total hypocrite. As he is a Republican, I expect that you and your kind will give him a pass. After all, he didn't hurt anyone, it was consenting adults, and he resolved the issue with his wife, right? So he must be OK. Kind of like Bill and Hillary, eh?

Funny you should mention that... the Dhimmicrats seem to feel this type of activity (and worse) is just fine... nice double standard you have there!

Total situational ethics, Rescumlican style. There is no standard of behaviour that applies to all. The standards are MUCH higher for Democrats than Republicans.

Higher? Thanks for the belly laugh, I needed it! The Republicans forced Foley to resign over racy emails - care to refresh our memory of what the Dhims made Jefferson do, or Studds?

At least Al Gore has the ability to generate discussion on important matters of the day. Agree or disagree, the issues have to be addressed. The Rescumlicans certainly won't say a thing about issues of this kind. It would be bad for business, and might cost money to fix. And we can't have that...

Discussion... yeah, I guess ridicule for his OBVIOUS double standard would be discussion, yes...
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706