Nick

The Sun is not the Cause of Global Warming!

>But, if the comparison is accurate how can you claim the argument is lost?

If you are discussing homosexuality with someone, and call them a faggot, you've lost the argument. If the only way you can argue is to try to insult them, then it's clear that your argument is emotional rather than rational.

If you then launched into "but . . . but . . . he IS a goddamn faggot!" you'd just be digging the hole deeper.

>Partial birth abortion is NEVER medically necessary.

I have two good friends who considered one for medical necessity. I am very glad that they and their doctor - and not some right wing activist - made the decision on whether to do it or not.

But that's a side track.

>Global warming is a theory that has never been proven.

Neither has the theory of gravity. Does that mean you're going to sell your rig because you might not need it next time you jump?

>Even if it really is happening, there is NO conclusive scientific evidence
>to indicate that mankind has had anything to do with it.

Incorrect. We have experimental data that shows that CO2 is increasing, and data that shows its effects on warming the atmosphere.

>In contrast, Islamic fanatics . . .

Perhaps you could start another thread if you want to talk about the war on terror. Or contribute to one in progress. Last time I checked there were over 1000 of them.

>The sad thing here is that if it were proven that there is no climate
>crisis, you would be disappointed.

Why would I be disappointed? Science just is. It's not pro- something or anti- something.

Do you have any SCIENCE BASED (not politically motivated) objections to the current climate change research? Or is it just all "it's just like Hitler" sort of stuff with you?

>Global warming is a theory that has never been proven.

Neither has the theory of gravity. Does that mean you're going to sell your rig because you might not need it next time you jump?

So you accept that the theory of global warming has never been proven. :)

Incorrect. We have experimental data that shows that CO2 is increasing, and data that shows its effects on warming the atmosphere.

There is also data that shows as temperature increases, the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere increases. What came 1st, the chicken or the egg?
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

That study concludes that the sun couldn't be responsible because the suns energy has declined over the last 20-40 years while the eath has got hotter. The sea provides the greatest amount of CO2 into the atmosphere and it takes decades or even a centry to really raise the temprature enough to make a difference to the amount of CO2 it releases. The change in the amount of CO2 released by the seas now is due to the actvity of the sun in the beginging of the last century and before. This looks like yet another headline grabber for funding and fame.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

That study concludes that the sun couldn't be responsible because the suns energy has declined over the last 20-40 years while the eath has got hotter. The sea provides the greatest amount of CO2 into the atmosphere and it takes decades or even a centry to really raise the temprature enough to make a difference to the amount of CO2 it releases. The change in the amount of CO2 released by the seas now is due to the actvity of the sun in the beginging of the last century and before. This looks like yet another headline grabber for funding and fame.

Fascinating theory of thermal transfer rates there. Do you have a credible source?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

There is also data that shows as temperature increases, the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere increases. What came 1st, the chicken or the egg?

For some, correlation does prove causation. The key is You gotta believe!!!

Do you believe?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6290228.stm

A new scientific study concludes that changes in the Sun's output cannot be causing modern-day climate change.

A new and ongoing scientific study concludes and still concluding:D:D that the primary cause of Global Warming was the Live Earth Concert. Researchers still believe we could continue to see temps rising as these self proclaimed GW activist continue to fuel their religion with make believe BS.

Give these people ten years and they will be onto a new Global Threat theme in which to raise everyone's fears of pending doom.

Everyone here on DZ.com should be more concern with, how does Kallend put it "Canopy Collisions". much more of a pressing issue.

>So you accept that the theory of global warming has never been proven.

Let's put it this way - it's as 'unproven' as the theory of gravity.

>There is also data that shows as temperature increases, the amount of
>CO2 in the atmosphere increases. What came 1st, the chicken or the egg?

You're talking about positive feedback, which is one of the major worries about climate change in the next few decades. As temps increase, permafrost melts and releases CO2. CO2 levels rise, which increases temperatures, which increases CO2 releases, which . . .

Historically the climate is fairly stable in moderate timescales (centuries) because of the several regulating mechanisms built into the system. A warmer year = slightly warmer oceans = more storms = more heat transfer into space. (That's one example.) If you perturb the climate hard, though - say, through massive volcanic eruptions, or a meteor impact, or releasing trillions of tons of CO2 - you can overwhelm those 'regulators' and see the sort of runaway effect you mention above.

>So you accept that the theory of global warming has never been proven.

Let's put it this way - it's as 'unproven' as the theory of gravity.

Or the theories surrounding JFK's assassination. :o

Word in the street is that he actually WAS assassinated...:)
Hearsays, I know, I know...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

>Some theories are more believable than others.

Aha! So you do believe unproven theories! You're in good company; most people do. Life would be a lot harder if you didn't.

He didn't actually write that. His answer was evasive.

It's all relative. ;)

>He didn't actually write that. His answer was evasive.

Most of them are. But I think it's safe to say that he does plan to use a rig next time he jumps, since he (like most people) believe in the unproven theories concerning gravity.

I you are discussing global warming and tell the person, you are talking about it with, they are political, have you lost the argument?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I you are discussing global warming and tell the person, you are talking about it with, they are political, have you lost the argument?

Please repeat that in English. Thank you in advance.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Please repeat that in English. Thank you in advance.

Hep, Hep, cheerio!
Wha'choo lookin' at. a'righ then,wha' a bou' a li'il tea n crumpets fer afternoonish and walksies then.

Tha'll doo

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>they become angry and begin shouting insults, calling people "deniers,"
>"flat-Earthers," . . .

. . . heck, I hear they even compare people to Josef Goebbels! Can you believe that?

Irony award of the day goes to Airman1270.

Speaking of irory and Josef Goebbels of the Nazi party, now we are fed one sided lies by the Jews who own the media. Ask any Palestinian if they argue that point.:ph34r:

Speaking of irory and Josef Goebbels of the Nazi party, now we are fed one sided lies by the Jews who own the media. Ask any Palestinian if they argue that point.

Nope.. no anti-semitism there at all:S:S

hmmmm like this remark?
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2881217#2881217

It is funny how you cant say anything Isreal or the Jewish religion without being "anti-Semetic"

But if anyone is going to point the finger they should be clean themself

oooh oooh ohhh I wanna play too..

So, am I anti semetic? Not towards poeple in my country, but when I see a nation doing what they have cried about for 60 yrs,yes. I wont go into the fact of boyscouts that you cant get oxygen into a pit to burn stuff epecially things that are made of 95% water, that in a dry area, but whatever true and untrue about what happened to their people, why dues USA veto on crimes brough againgst them in UN, because they got this holocard...nope we are owned federal reserve style..but thats yet another topic. I am in no way saying I like the way Islamic people handle things, but if someone (say China and/or Hilary guncontrol) tireed to invade my country or take from me my rights iwould go dowm guns ablazing.

Stop terrorism. Stop US $upport of Israel.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2873380#2873380

HMMMM interesting indeed about clean hands there bubba

I tend to think its a BODY of WORK... after reading some of your ramblings for a while now.....:S:S:S

Come on.. fess up.. you are really Lon Mabon of the Oregon Citizens Alliance arnt you...:ph34r:

>The comparison is accurate.
>>If the only way you can make a political point is to compare someone to Hitler's regime - you've already lost the argument.

>>> pathetically this is done all the time in today’s politics

>Accuse political opponents of "not caring" about said crisis. Go heavy
>on the emotion, light on the details. When the dust settles, the people
>find themselves living under new laws which criminalize things that used to
>be okay.

>>>This is what happens when people follow social scientist instead of working the science through hypotheses and experimentation

>>Yep, a good description of both the left and right wing's approach to political issues. "Partial birth abortion" would be a good example from the right wing. Ignore medical indications of when it's necessary to the health of the mother, and instead launch into emotional appeals to "ripping the screaming baby's skull apart with crushing force." When the dust settles, you discover your wife might die in childbirth because you can't abort a fetus that's not going to live more than a few hours outside the womb anyway.

>>>You making a blanket statement about all republicans on this issue?
If so your dead wrong on this point, I don’t support open access to abortion but in cases of rape or endangerment to the mothers life or serious health issues with the baby is an exception.
>It is the left that is trying to suppress scientific evidence that does not
>prove the theory.

>>Again, that's a characteristic of both the left and right wings. The right is trying their level best to suppress any mention of global warming, because they fear that greater understanding of it will cost them elections.

>>>Democrats are trying to use this position to demonize the right, they don’t care, they want you to die , big oils lying, and so on.

>Furthermore, it is the left that continually beats this drum into our
>heads repeatedly. When was the last time you went a month without
>hearing ANYTHING at all about "global warming?"

>>When's the last time you went a month without ANYTHING about how we're fighting terrorism in Iraq? Again, it's a tactic both sides use.

>>> Its necessary to point out what were doing there because the left keeps trying to mislead everyone with its Oil for Blood or whatever there new slogan against the war for the week is.

>Furthermore, the people they are hearing are all in agreement that G.W. IS happening . . .

No one doubts that any more because they can look out their windows. When your house is sinking into the permafrost, you're not going to believe a right-winger who compares climate change scientists to Nazi liars. You're going to start listening to the scientist who has studied it instead.

>>> the people trying their hardest to prove gw is man made aren’t even scientist there democrat public figures and the Hollywood sheep that blindly follow them. Using half truth data and skewing or omitting anything that doesn’t support their side. Just because the numbers they show you might be the actual numbers, when other key factors in the equation are left out you will not be get an accurate answer. Anytime some one points this out they are quick to attack the person and unwilling, or unable to debate or study the science or even consider there is another possible cause.

light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak