dorbie

When is a speed up a slow down?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070709115619.4i0m1uap&show_article=1

Iran has slowed down its nuclear work: UN nuclear chief ElBaradei

Iran has slowed down the expansion of its nuclear enrichment capabilities

Now if I'm accelerating in my car and I ease up on the gas pedal to reduce the rate of acceleration am I slowing down or still going faster & faster?

They're still comissioning new cascades (the centrifuge systems cascade in series to produce successivey richer isotope ratios), but this guy ElBaradei says they've noticed a slowdown in the rate that they bring even more enrichment capacity online. Make no mistake they are bringing more online in line with their defiant proclamations.

So he's looking at the second order derivative of a worsening disaster and announcing that the situation is getting better, and the idiotic headline is "Iran has slowed down its nuclear work", No Iran has not, it is absolutely undisputed that Iran continues to accelerate it's nuclear work.

Now if I'm accelerating in my car and I ease up on the gas pedal to reduce the rate of acceleration am I slowing down or still going faster & faster?

They're still comissioning new cascades (the centrifuge systems cascade in series to produce successivey richer isotope ratios), but this guy ElBaradei says they've noticed a slowdown in the rate that they bring even more enrichment capacity online. Make no mistake they are bringing more online in line with their defiant proclamations.

So he's looking at the second order derivative of a worsening disaster and announcing that the situation is getting better, and the idiotic headline is "Iran has slowed down its nuclear work", No Iran has not, it is absolutely undisputed that Iran continues to accelerate it's nuclear work.

Just like the right explaining the US deficit, isn't it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If they were going to hit milestone x on a certain date, and now that date is farther out, they've slowed down.

Also, if you live in a nuclear-equipped country, you don't have much room to bitch.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

If they were going to hit milestone x on a certain date, and now that date is farther out, they've slowed down.

Also, if you live in a nuclear-equipped country, you don't have much room to bitch.

Blues,
Dave

Bullshit and bullshit.

Deficit spending is not exclusively the province of the right but if you think I wouldn't throw the lot of them in a cold dark cell for spending my grandkids into endentured service you are mistaken. If only you could find a social welfare program you didn't like.

Now if you have some signal to offer instead of your usual party political noise post again.

Blues,
Dave

Bullshit and bullshit.

If someone was building you a house and it was on pace to be completed this December, but suddenly it started looking more like next July, would you say that the speed of construction accelerated or slowed down?

If someone plopped a mobile home right in the middle of Yosemite, how valid would their complaints be about someone else doing the same thing in Yellowstone?

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Blues,
Dave

Bullshit and bullshit.

If someone was building you a house and it was on pace to be completed this December, but suddenly it started looking more like next July, would you say that the speed of construction accelerated or slowed down?

If someone plopped a mobile home right in the middle of Yosemite, how valid would their complaints be about someone else doing the same thing in Yellowstone?

Blues,
Dave

So you have no issues that ahmadinejad has no problem trheating Israel with total extinction, and then on his way to make an A-bomb?
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Blues,
Dave

Bullshit and bullshit.

Blues,
Dave

So you have no issues that ahmadinejad has no problem trheating Israel with total extinction, and then on his way to make an A-bomb?

We elected our fucktard, they elected their's. I don't think we have any room to complain about their nuclear ambitions when we're blustering about with an arsenal of our own.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Blues,
Dave

Bullshit and bullshit.

Blues,
Dave

If someone is accelerating a vehicle towards you but ease off on the gas to reduce the rate of acceleration, the are still going faster. You seem to have a probelm with the concept of acceleration and going faster in this scenario. Iran's capacity to enrich ore is increasing, their rate of enrichment is accelerating. The rate at which it is accelerating is reduced.

Iran's rate of fuel enrichment is speeding up. I don't know how to make that any clearer.

If someone builds 1 house in a year but had planned to build 10 homes this year, but instead only built 5, would you say the speed of construction accelerated or slowed down?

Now really what people care about is the moment when Iran has enough material to produce 3 or 4 bombs (first one for a test). So sure, slowing down the growth rate to push out the completion date can be expressed as a slowdown. But strictly speaking, decreasing the rate of increase is still an increasing rate.

it's funny - that's exactly what came to mind when reading the opening post. Outside of calculus and physics discussions, where else do people talk about slowing down the rate of increase as a great accomplishment?

it's funny - that's exactly what came to mind when reading the opening post. Outside of calculus and physics discussions, where else do people talk about slowing down the rate of increase as a great accomplishment?

Greenhouse Gas emissions w.r.t. global warming.

Politicians do this all the time. Lies damned lies and statistics.

>If someone builds 1 house in a year but had planned to build 10
>homes this year, but instead only built 5, would you say the speed of
>construction accelerated or slowed down?

If someone had promised you the houses would be done by September, but told you "hey, they won't be done until November" - would you say "wow, that's going faster!" Or would you think that the schedule had slowed down?

Questions of rate, acceleration etc are pretty meaningless. What matters is whether the thing you really care about is going to happen sooner or later. Rates, accelerations etc go into that number, but their signs do not define the signs of the change.

>If someone builds 1 house in a year but had planned to build 10
>homes this year, but instead only built 5, would you say the speed of
>construction accelerated or slowed down?

If someone had promised you the houses would be done by September, but told you "hey, they won't be done until November" - would you say "wow, that's going faster!" Or would you think that the schedule had slowed down?

Questions of rate, acceleration etc are pretty meaningless. What matters is whether the thing you really care about is going to happen sooner or later. Rates, accelerations etc go into that number, but their signs do not define the signs of the change.

No they are very meaningful.

This is AN ACCELERATING RATE of enrichment.

By all means say enrichment continues to accelerate at a lesser pace, but this is not a slow down.

Calling this a slow down is a blatant lie.

If I accelerate towards you in a car and hit you then tell the cops that I slowed down but I just couldn't stop in time that is a lie.

Iran is still growing it's fuel enrichment capacity and needless to say that is an intentional act, not an accident.

>Calling this a slow down is a blatant lie.

Enrichment is speeding up. The schedule for production of uranium is slowing down.

>If I accelerate towards you in a car and hit you then tell the cops that
>I slowed down but I just couldn't stop in time that is a lie.

Right. And if you promise to be home by 5, and at 5 you are accelerating madly 30 miles from your house - you're late, and getting later by the minute. Saying "the schedule is accelerating" just because you are would be a lie.

How are you getting "speed up" from "expansion"? The two do not mean the same thing.

The expansion is in the number of centrifuge cascades. These cascades directly affect the rate of enrichment. More cascades = greater rate of fuel enrichment.

>take your partisan bullshit to a less serious topic.

Dude, nothing here is serious! It's a bunch of bored people squabbling, and it doesn't mean much at all. If you're trying to "make a difference" or something you're in the wrong place.

Now if you have some signal to offer instead of your usual party political noise post again.

POT!

You are confused and in the wrong thread, take your partisan bullshit to a less serious topic.

POT!

The logic you are using is the same as the logic used in gun crime threads and in debt and deficit threads.

We have 10,000 nukes along with delivery systems. Criticizing Iran is a serious case of throwing stones from a glass house.

>take your partisan bullshit to a less serious topic.

Dude, nothing here is serious! It's a bunch of bored people squabbling, and it doesn't mean much at all. If you're trying to "make a difference" or something you're in the wrong place.

The topic is serious even if you aren't and I understand that you enjoy kallend polluting every thread like a demented parrot who's swallowed a Demogratic manifesto but it detracts from the variety of the threads at the very least.

I already know you agree with the resident troll's partisan position, that he insists on polluting EVERY thread with the same non sequiturs then yells POT might in your view make a joke of this forum but it doesn't diminish the seriousness of what's being discussed.

POT!

You are confused and in the wrong thread, take your partisan bullshit to a less serious topic.

POT!

The logic you are using is the same as the logic used in gun crime threads and in debt and deficit threads.

We have 10,000 nukes along with delivery systems. Criticizing Iran is a serious case of throwing stones from a glass house.

You keep yelling POT but it is a dishonest accusation and you know it. At least you address the topic this time.

Your observations on the fairness of all things will be a great consolation to those within range of Iran's nukes and who have been and will continue to be subject to her surrogate jihadist terrorists.

>I already know you agree with the resident troll's partisan position . . .

Of course! It's not that internet arguments are pointless, it's that I am biased and unfair; that's the real issue here. Good luck in changing the future of nuclear proliferation with your next few posts.

POT!

POT!

You keep yelling POT but it is a dishonest accusation and you know it. At least you address the topic this time.

Your observations on the fairness of all things will be a great consolation to those within range of Iran's nukes and who have been and will continue to be subject to her surrogate jihadist terrorists.

When was the last time Iran invaded another sovereign nation? Repeat for the USA.

Which nation has actually USED nukes?

You have a very serious case of the pot calling the kettle "black"