warpedskydiver

what happens when you have no dog or gun at home?

by the time the dog got shot the victims of this crime could have armed themselves.

Maybe. Or maybe the fucktards grab the woman, the dog comes running up and is taken down, and the kid comes out to see hell has arrived.

As I said, guns might help, but in circumstances like this, good chance they'll do nothing, unless you alter your lifestyle to constantly carry one.

I think dogs are most useful as deterrence - quite a few of them are useless if a real situation happened. Most people have pets, not guard dogs.

Yeah, good idea.:S

Kids admit to crimes they did not commit all the time, and in the USA we have a right of presumed innocence - especially at 14 years.

But fuck it, I guess we don't need to bother with a trial - we can just ask you.

Oh, please.

You know why they picked up the 14-year-old "kid"?
Because they found a condom with HIS SEMEN in it in the home of the victim!!

You act like just naming a suspect in a news story is tantamount to convicting him without a trial. Will histrionics like that contribute to a meaningful discussion?
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

The fact is, you have no clue WHAT happened, nor does anyone else, until a trial. Kids do fucked up stuff under questioning - there are studies that show that many admit to things they did not do for various reasons.

And of course it would be different, but the law has the responsibility of sober, impassionate investigation and prosecution.

Wow, you are just passionate about giving the benefit of the doubt to these scumbags, no matter how minuscule the justification for doing so grows, aren'tcha? :|

I just don't think it's likely that the cops were flippant in taking this kid into custody; I don't think they someone mistakenly came to believe it was his semen in the condom found in the victim's home; I don't think that he was one of a herd of what, 8 others who were forced at gunpoint to rape and mutilate a woman and her young son (who was forced to have sex with his mother, according to a new story in The Palm Beach Post), by some all-powerful 18-year-old dreadlocked piece of shit.

What kind of crow will you eat when this is all hashed out and all 10 of these pieces of shit are found guilty? I'll put $100 on it.
Imaginations on fire

[I just have no perspective. I was riding dirt bikes and building treehouse forts at 14.

I would hazard a guess your mom and dad were not crack addicted idiots that gave you no supervision either.
Ive long predicted that the era of the crack babies growing up, is going to be very ugly.
History is proving me correct.

There is a new suspect under arrest at this time.
When he and his mother and (mostly absentee) father appeared in court, the father said his son has "a good heart," and the mother, well, she was wearing a t-shirt that said, "Your boyfriend wants me." :D No joke. Oh, and her hair is dyed bright red. Character on parade, don't you know.

And we'll wonder why she churned out a sick, demented rapist who would pour cleaning chemicals into the eyes of a 12-year-old after forcing him to fuck his mother?!

I keep wondering what is keeping the city fathers from issuing a public statement that it's everyone for themselves in West Palm Beach, and to go get a gun, learn how to use it, and don't hesitate to do so.
Imaginations on fire

Wow, you are just passionate about giving the benefit of the doubt to these scumbags, no matter how minuscule the justification for doing so grows, aren'tcha? :|

Welcome to the USA...you don't like due process...get the fuck out.
Faith in a holy cause is to a considerable extent a substitute for lost faith in ourselves.
-Eric Hoffer -
Check out these Videos

Fla. Mother and Son Are Attacked
Tuesday, July 10, 2007

By BRIAN SKOLOFF and JENNIFER KAY, Associated Press Writers

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Mother and son huddled together, battered and beaten, in the bathroom _ sobbing, wondering why no one came to help.

Surely the neighbors had heard their screams. The walls are thin, the screen doors flimsy in this violence-plagued housing project on the edge of downtown.

For three hours, the pair say, they endured sheer terror as the 35-year-old Haitian immigrant was raped and sodomized by up to 10 masked teenagers and her 12-year-old son was beaten in another room.

Then, mother and son were reunited to endure the unspeakable: At gunpoint, the woman was forced to perform oral sex on the boy, she later told a TV station.

Afterward, they were doused with household cleansers, perhaps in a haphazard attempt to scrub the crime scene, or maybe simply to torture the victims even more. The solutions burned the boy's eyes.

The thugs then fled, taking with them a couple of hundred dollars' worth of cash, jewelry and cell phones.

In the interview with WPTV, the mother described how she and her son sobbed in the bathroom, too shocked to move. Then, in the dark of night, they walked a mile to the hospital because they had no phone to call for help.

(Story continues below)

Advertise Here
Advertisements

Two teenagers _ a 14-year-old and a 16-year-old _ have been arrested. Eight others are being sought.

Welcome to Dunbar Village, a place residents call hell.

___

"So a lady was raped. Big deal," resident Paticiea Matlock said with disgust. "There's too much other crime happening here."

Built in 1940 to house poor blacks in then-segregated West Palm Beach, Dunbar Village's 226 units sit just blocks from million-dollar condos on the Intracoastal Waterway. Billionaires lounge on beachfront property just a few miles away on Palm Beach.

The public housing project's one- and two-story barracks-style buildings are spread across 17 grassy, tree-lined acres surrounded by an 8-foot iron fence. The average rent is about $150 a month.

Almost 60 percent of the households in the area that includes Dunbar Village were below the poverty level in 2000, according to Census figures. Only 19 percent of the area's residents had high school degrees. About 9 percent of the adults were unemployed, nearly triple the state average.

Teenagers with gold-plated teeth wander the streets. Drug dealers hang out on nearby sidewalks. Trash bin lids are open. Flies hover over dirty diapers. Clothes dry on sagging lines.

Since the June 18 attack, police have increased patrols in the area, blocked off one entrance and will soon install surveillance cameras.

"It took this to make that happen?" Matlock, a 32-year-old single mother of three, snarled.

As in other blighted neighborhoods across the country where criminals seem to have free rein, residents here live in fear. Snitches get stitches, they say. Or worse.

"I try to be in my house no later than 7, and I don't come out," said Citoya Greenwood, 33, who lives in Dunbar with her 4-year-old daughter. "I don't even answer my door anymore." On the Fourth of July, "we didn't know if we was hearing gunshots or fireworks."

___

Avion Lawson, 14, and Nathan Walker, 16, will be charged as adults in the assault and gang rape, prosecutors said. They are jailed without bail.

Lawson's DNA was found in a condom at the crime scene, and he admitted involvement, authorities say. Police say Walker's palm print was discovered inside the home. He denies being there. His attorney says he will plead not guilty. Lawson's public defender did not return telephone messages.

Walker and Lawson did not live at Dunbar but visited often. Lawson stayed with his grandmother there. Walker came to hang out and play basketball. Dunbar has become the place to be for wayward black teens, residents and neighborhood kids say.

Walker and Lawson both grew up mostly fatherless, bouncing between homes. Walker's family sometimes lived in old cars or abandoned houses, said his mother, Ruby Nell Walker.

"We've never really had a real home," said Naporcha Walker, Nathan's 15-year-old sister.

He dropped out of school after spending three years in seventh grade. The family lives on food stamps and recently had to pawn their television and radio, Ruby Walker said.

"I just feel like he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. ... My son is not a rapist," she said.

Ruby Walker said she herself was raped twice, at ages 7 and 12. She said that just days before the Dunbar attack, someone tried to rape her again, and "my son came to me crying and said he wouldn't ever do that to anyone."

She has had her own problems with the law _ at least nine arrests on charges such as disorderly conduct, aggravated assault and battery, according to state records.

Avion Lawson was a headstrong kid, never listening to his mother, said his cousin, Cassandra Ellis.

"I knew he was bad, but I never pictured him to be that type of bad," Ellis said. She said one traumatic experience may have scarred him _ watching his older sister fatally stab a boyfriend.

"It was an accident. She killed her boyfriend. They was fighting, there was a knife," Ellis said. "He was there when it happened."

___

City officials are quick to note that neither Lawson nor Walker lived at Dunbar, and say they are doing their best to make the place safe.

As quickly as overhead lights can be replaced, they are shot out, so officials are now considering bulletproof lighting.

"Isn't that quite a commentary on what the situation is there?" said City Commissioner Molly Douglas, whose district includes part of Dunbar. "Dunbar Village is a hell hole. They shouldn't have to live in fear."

More officers are hitting the streets, but "I just bow my head sometimes and think we just couldn't possibly have enough officers ever to take care of all of this," Douglas said.

Laurel Robinson, head of the city's housing authority, said that up until about four years ago, the federal government provided the city with $160,000 a year for security in public housing projects, but Congress did away with the money.

"Every family housing project in the country has suffered because of it," she said.

____

The rape victim and her son have not returned to their apartment since the attack.

The woman fled Port-au-Prince, Haiti, with her son seven years ago in search of a better life. With no money, they landed in Dunbar. The two almost instantly became targets for crime, standing out as Haitians among the mostly American-born blacks in the housing project. Her car and the boy's bicycle were stolen. Their house was ransacked.

On the night of the attack, she was lured outside by a teenager who knocked on the door and said her car had a flat. Nine more teens, their faces shrouded with T-shirts, barged in, she told authorities. They brandished guns and demanded money, then went beyond the imaginable.

"I was so scared," the woman told WPTV. "Some of them had sex with me twice, some of them had sex with me three times. They're beating me up. They make me do those things over and over. The man with the big gun, he put the gun inside of me."

She said that when she was forced to perform oral sex on her own son, she told the boy: "I know you love me, and I love you, too."

Investigators say it is not clear exactly why the thugs picked her house.

The boy's sight has returned. Both mother and son are seeking counseling.

"I have to try and talk to him every day. He's so angry," the woman said. "He said we never should have moved to Dunbar Village."

___

AP researchers Judith Ausuebel and Monika Mathur contributed to this report.

(This version CORRECTS by deleting number of times police were called to Dunbar Village; police now say their figures were incorrect.)

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Welcome to the USA...you don't like due process...get the fuck out.

Oh. Okay -- since you said so.

No, seriously, this isn't about "due process," because there's no statutory or constitutional protection against having your fucking NAME published in the paper, not even if you're a minor.

Where the fuck did you learn your civics? You have the gall to call me out as though I was mistaken about "due process"?
Imaginations on fire

Why yes I do have the gall...as you cower behind your anonymous profile and say incredibly stupid shit like...

Wow, you are just passionate about giving the benefit of the doubt to these scumbags, no matter how minuscule the justification for doing so grows, aren'tcha? Unimpressed

I just don't think it's likely that the cops were flippant in taking this kid into custody; I don't think they someone mistakenly came to believe it was his semen in the condom found in the victim's home; I don't think that he was one of a herd of what, 8 others who were forced at gunpoint to rape and mutilate a woman and her young son (who was forced to have sex with his mother, according to a new story in The Palm Beach Post), by some all-powerful 18-year-old dreadlocked piece of shit.

What kind of crow will you eat when this is all hashed out and all 10 of these pieces of shit are found guilty? I'll put $100 on it.

You see, I have a problem with those who wish to convict without a trial. Your statement implies that those of us that demand that the process be followed somehow will be disappointed once the verdict is read shows a lack of understanding about the way things are supposed to work...
So take you $100 and your anonymous indignation and shove it up your ass ;)

Faith in a holy cause is to a considerable extent a substitute for lost faith in ourselves.
-Eric Hoffer -
Check out these Videos

Except, I um, don't have the power to render a conviction on these "kids."

There is no constitutional protection against my coming to a feeling, a suspicion, a conclusion, that "they did it." Therefore, I have not done anything to infringe on their rights.

If everyone had to KNOW that someone was guilty before the trial had taken place, there would never BE any trials, because we'd have to know what the trial will prove before a trial had taken place. See, someone has to think that the evidence POINTS TO their guilt before they even begin to hold a trial. How am I doing anything worse than what police do when they arrest people they think might turn out, after a trial, to be the ones who did the crime?

Just like I don't owe anyone protection of their First Amendment rights because I'm not the government, neither do I owe them a withholding of my feeling that they're guilty until they're convicted. I'm not the government. Those restrictions are placed on what the government may do. (Astound me by saying you follow my logic, there.)

The one demonstrating a failure to understand "how things are supposed to work" appears to be the guy who's telling me that because I think these suspects are guilty, they are being denied a fair trial. That's really a pretty silly assertion.

I also don't know what the facts of this case do or don't have to do with my not having listed my jump numbers or license type for all to see. Is that the basis you use for whether to respect people?

My ass won't be used for shoving anything up in the near future, thanks very much for the offer though.
By the way, do you always talk like Super Mario? "Take you $100..." :D

Imaginations on fire

My ass won't be used for shoving anything up in the near future, thanks very much for the offer though.
By the way, do you always talk like Super Mario? "Take you $100..." :D

:D:D:D Ok...good come back! You do make some good points. I disagree that you are not the government though, you are the government of U.S. at least a part of it. Certainly our attitudes can effect what laws are written and how those laws are applied. How you think can effect change for good or bad in the people around you, which is how laws get changed (or is that logic flawed?). I feel they are guilty as well, and if they are convicted I'll be hopeful they can't hurt anyone else. I hope the police dispassionately pursue the facts and evidence in this case without assuming they are guilty. It's hard to do but it tends to get closer to the truth....and build a better case.

As for respecting jump numbers...I couldn't care less. I just respect people who tell me who they are.
-Eric Hoffer -
Check out these Videos

There are some truly sick fucks out there. I guess I'm wierd, but if a gun toting gangster told me to blow my son(or do something to my daughter), he would just have to go ahead and shoot me, because it isn't going to happen.

Also, it's surprising that at least one of the rapists used a condom. That dosen't seem like the SOP for those cases, but I don't know that statistics.

Anyway, this is one of the worst stories I have read in quite some time.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Also, it's surprising that at least one of the rapists used a condom. That dosen't seem like the SOP for those cases...

He may have done that for his own selfish protection:

1) To take it with him when done so as not to leave any evidence behind. (Yeah, he didn't carry through on that.)

2) To protect himself from AIDS, since the victim was Haitian, where the incidence of AIDS is very high.