akarunway

Libby Spared

so maybe someone can answer this for me - since i am about to become a citizen and studied a lot - the president is the EXECUTIVE branch. and we have a JUDICIAL branch to uphold the laws that the LEGISLATIVE branch creates.

How does the President get to 'override' that process. I also never understood that for example when the Governor gets involved and stays an execution for example. If you have a judicial process, should that not be left to the legislators and the judiciary to resolve?

Sounds like a broken part of the Constitution. Can the President them absolve himself of wrongdoing? As he has been doing anyway for years....

TK

>Even Tricky Dick's actions were tame compared to Slick Willy.

Of course. Why even today, we are going after people who just broke into places and stole a few minor insignificant things. We should let those minor miscreants be and instead concentrate on the real threat - hardened, deadly felons who got blowjobs and lied to someone about it!

Ah yes, falling back on sarcasm. BC did a lot more than just lie about a bj. I'll assume you are intelligent enough to know that and are just ignoring that point.

Notice all the firings that took place for her getting outed

She wasn't covert, so she couldn't be outed.It's very simple.

If she were covert, how did the world know? A conundrum, I think.

"Ms. Wilson was a covert CIA employee for who the CIA was taking affirmative measures to conceal her intelligence relationship to the United States.", CIA unclassified document filed 5/29/2007 with the Libby trial court,

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

"Ms. Wilson was a covert CIA employee for who the CIA was taking affirmative measures to conceal her intelligence relationship to the United States.", CIA unclassified document filed 5/29/2007 with the Libby trial court,

Then why wasn't Armitage prosecuted? The consensus seems to be that she did not meet the definition laid out in the act.

Besides Kallend, you've reveled in leaks during this administration when they've suited your purposes, and don't seem to care about catching "whistleblowers" when the information they reveal undermines National Security in the cause of the left.

Corruption and political bias in the 4th estate has reached new levels under George W. Bush.

Libby didn't leak...Libby lied.

Get back on track.

Incorrect. He did both, but was only brought up on charges for one.

no he did not. Fitzgerals knew who spoke (not leaked because she was not covert) day one, yet he continued. Fitzgerald is the shit here but you all can keep re-writing history untill you all make yourselve confortable in the lies.

Libby is free as he should be.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Some others can't see past their hatred for Bush.

Isnt that getting to be a bit tired.... the right wing saying that anyone that thinks Bush is an incompetent and a liar is filled with hate?

LOL I love how you take a statement about a portion of a given group and interpret it be a general statement about all in that group.

SSDD :D

Then why wasn't Armitage prosecuted? The consensus seems to be that she did not meet the definition laid out in the act.

I'm sure you know better than the CIA what the meaning of "covert" is.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Then why wasn't Armitage prosecuted?

And you know more than the DOJ about the applicability of the law?

The reality of the outcome supports my view not yours.

They are above the laws of this country..The trampling all over the Constitution for the last 6 years.. the freedom to torture ......did you EVER have a doubt???

Two words:

Marc Rich

Hypocracy abounds once again.

Are you suggesting that two wrongs make a right?

Some more words:

Caspar Weinberger
Robert McFarlane
Dick Poindexter
Ollie North
Elliot Abrams
Alan Fiers
Clair George
Duane Clarridge

Bush (1) Clinton (425 plus or minus)

Lets see, Clinton pardon several convicted terrorist, Bush has not pardoned Libby but only commutted his sentence but left the conviction in place and a $250,000 fine which in my humble oppinion is excessive.

You mean THIS DoJ? They know nothing about applicability other than that it doesn't apply:D

edited to add:
Hey, maybe Scooter and Dubya can get Paris Hilton to come by and lecture them on accountability:D:D:D

I think we have all seen how politicized THIS DOJ is... with the numerous firings ONLY in the cases of Procecutors not willing to play the RIGHT rulebook in their prosecution.

If you are a friend of THIS administration you can get away with murder if you have the right political connections.

Fortunately, what matters here in the US is what the justice system convicts you of - not what people claim you did.

Apparently that's not the case, given the context of this thread. Even though the justice system convicted Libby of perjury, the fucktard didn't think he should go to jail for it.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Then why wasn't Armitage prosecuted?

because he was an outspoken bush hater and a leftist lap dog there for not prosecutable. he was know to be the source for novak from day one. the investigation should have stopped right there and then. instead it was dragged out to find some type of crime.
light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

All of you left wingers angry about this, need to do something.

Express outrage that another perjurer, William J. Clinton, did not get any prison time for his crime OR stop bemoaning the commutation of Mr. Libby's sentence. Or you can not express such outrage, keep bemoaning this commutation of Mr. Libby's sentence AND go to a mirror, look into it, and say HYPOCRITE over and over again.
:S

Who convicted Bill Clinton of perjury?
Who convicted Scooter Libby of perjury?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I wonder how many of the anti-Bush types realize that Libby's conviction does nothing to support the widely believed story that Bush & Co. intentionally outed Valerie Plame. After an extensive investigation, there is still no evidence of the charges made by Joe Wilson. Sorry guys, it was much ado about nothing.

They are above the laws of this country..The trampling all over the Constitution for the last 6 years.. the freedom to torture ......did you EVER have a doubt???

Two words:

Marc Rich

Hypocracy abounds once again.

Are you suggesting that two wrongs make a right?

Some more words:

Caspar Weinberger
Robert McFarlane
Dick Poindexter
Ollie North
Elliot Abrams
Alan Fiers
Clair George
Duane Clarridge

Bush (1) Clinton (425 plus or minus)

Lets see, Clinton pardon several convicted terrorist, Bush has not pardoned Libby but only commutted his sentence but left the conviction in place and a $250,000 fine which in my humble oppinion is excessive.

Hmmmm; I would like to see the count in the weeks before he leaves office. Me thinks the numbers will go up more than significantly.
"I gargle no man's balls..." ussfpa on SOCNET

Some others can't see past their hatred for Bush.

Isnt that getting to be a bit tired.... the right wing saying that anyone that thinks Bush is an incompetent and a liar is filled with hate???

Didnt that crap start on right wing HATE radio... to bludegeon anyone not RIGHT THINKING enough for the religious wrong???

Sheesh.. all that persecuition complex sure must hurt now that Bush has let so many of you down with his performance... or lack of performance to make the country over into a right wing wet dream.

Why does the right wing hate our country so much??

Your comments above are completely ridiculous.. why does the right wing hate our country? i think YOUR comments are a bit tired as you obviously have a very focused hatred of all things related to Bush and to the "right wing"

And just to note, I consider myself a moderate and do not support most of the policies of Bush or the "right wing"

I wonder how many of the anti-Bush types realize that Libby's conviction does nothing to support the widely believed story that Bush & Co. intentionally outed Valerie Plame. After an extensive investigation, there is still no evidence of the charges made by Joe Wilson. Sorry guys, it was much ado about nothing.

There is a point NONE of you address.

When a covert agent is in another country working covert... they deal with people..their trade is INFORMATION from their contacts.... when the covert agent leaves all of those contacts remain there in their own countries.

When the covert agent is brought home.. then outed as having served their contry as a COVERT CIA agent...even if not currently covert.... the foreign intelligence agencies now know that this person was in their country.. and had contacts.. and now they know who to go slaughter... and poof there goes our humint in the area.. the people willing to put our interestes above that of Idi the Local Dictator.

Its a stupid fucking move that hurts our country for years to come... all for NEO CON political gain..
I thought you guys were SOOOOOO Patriotic.. how do you justify harming our country in this manner.

Your comments above are completely ridiculous.. why does the right wing hate our country? i think YOUR comments are a bit tired as you obviously have a very focused hatred of all things related to Bush and to the "right wing"

And just to note, I consider myself a moderate and do not support most of the policies of Bush or the "right wing"

That there is some funny shit...

Dont you know Fox News is fair and balanced.. a lot of the far right consider themselves to be "moderate"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There is a point NONE of you address.

When a covert agent is in another country working covert... they deal with people.. their contacts.... when the covert agent leaves all of those contacts remain there in their own countries.

When the covert agent is brought home.. then outed as having served their contry as a COVERT CIA agent...even if not currently covert.... the foreign intelligence agencies now know that this person was in their country.. and had contacts.. and now they know who to go slaughter... and poof there goes our humint in the area.. the people willing to put our interestes above that of Idi the Local Dictator.

Its a stupid fucking move that hurts our country for years to come... all for NEO CON political gain..
I thought you guys were SOOOOOO Patriotic.. how do you justify harming our country in this manner.

Maybe no one is addressing it because it's irrelevant to Libby's case/situation. You seem to think outing Plame was some Repuplican ploy. Let me know when you find any evidence to support your theory.

Maybe no one is addressing it because it's irrelevant to Libby's case/situation. You seem to think outing Plame was some Repuplican ploy. Let me know when you find any evidence to support your theory

DUH so much for NATIONAL SECURITY in the Republican White House.

Newly released court papers could put holes in the defense of Dick Cheney's former chief of staff, I. Lewis (Scooter) Libby, in the Valerie Plame leak case. Lawyers for Libby, and White House allies, have repeatedly questioned whether Plame, the wife of White House critic Joe Wilson, really had covert status when she was outed to the media in July 2003. But special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald found that Plame had indeed done "covert work overseas" on counterproliferation matters in the past five years, and the CIA "was making specific efforts to conceal" her identity, according to newly released portions of a judge's opinion. (A CIA spokesman at the time is quoted as saying Plame was "unlikely" to take further trips overseas, though.)

The new papers show Libby testified he was told about Plame by Cheney "in an off sort of curiosity sort of fashion" in mid-June—before he talked about her with Miller and Time magazine's Matt Cooper. Libby's trial has been put off until January 2007, keeping Cheney off the witness stand until after the elections. A spokeswoman for Libby's lawyers declined to comment on Plame's status.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11179719/site/newsweek/

I guess its all the Libertarians and Democrats in the White House that are to blame then????

Wearing a scarf and sunglasses while flaunting yourself in the prominent circles of high society isn't exactly covert.

Wearing a scarf and sunglasses while flaunting yourself in the prominent circles of high society isn't exactly covert.

Please read above where the CIA waws trying to conceal her identity...

Or are you just upset its not you flaunting yourself in prominent circles in high society.:P