DZJ

Two car bombs in London

From the BBC:

Two car bombs found in West End. Police say two separate explosive devices have been found in cars parked in London's West End.

Details at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6255960.stm

Always gratifying to read news of these plots being foiled, but disturbing that these two bombs seem to have been discovered by no other method than pure dumb luck. Another demonstration, if one were needed, of the importance of constant vigilance - top marks to the paramedics who noticed the first car.

From the BBC:

Two car bombs found in West End. Police say two separate explosive devices have been found in cars parked in London's West End.

reply]

I'll bet it was Irish Separatists......no way it could have been Muslims.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

From the BBC:

Details at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6255960.stm

Always gratifying to read news of these plots being foiled, but disturbing that these two bombs seem to have been discovered by no other method than pure dumb luck. Another demonstration, if one were needed, of the importance of constant vigilance - top marks to the paramedics who noticed the first car.

And to the lone cop that disarmed one by himself before anyone arrived.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I think that particular detail is a little speculative at the moment, and to be honest I'm somewhat concerned by it - if a policeman untrained in dealing with explosives is trying to disarm a bomb he runs a risk of simply setting it off, especially if it features any sort of anti-handling device. If that's indeed what happened here, I'd say we were lucky.

Agreed.

When I first went to Bosnia in 97, they made sure to tell us about the sargeant that tried to disarm an antipersonnel mine and set it off.

Best to wait until the professionals arrive, unless there's some overwhelming reason not to, like a timer ticking down...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And how much would you like to wager that when arrests are made relating to the case, at least one of the suspects will have the first name "Mohammed"?

Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen, place your bets.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Funny how it makes news here and all around the world when this year alone at least three bombs that I know of have been discovered in Northern Ireland and no one heard a bloody thing. Can't have reality spoiling 'Tony's' leagacy now can we?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

And how much would you like to wager that when arrests are made relating to the case, at least one of the suspects will have the first name "Mohammed"?

Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen, place your bets.

More importantly, notice a change in the MO, these were not to be a "suicide" bombing. These guys wanted to live to bomb another day.

As to the policeman that grabbed the cell phone and run the hell away, I would submit that he probably did the right thing. A cell phone does not need to be wired to anything to be a trigger. GSM freqs are notoriously known for bleeding RF interference from the transceiver.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Always gratifying to read news of these plots being foiled, but disturbing that these two bombs seem to have been discovered by no other method than pure dumb luck.

I very much doubt it was dumb luck, it was just made to look that way to protect sources. Standard practice.

Funny how it makes news here and all around the world when this year alone at least three bombs that I know of have been discovered in Northern Ireland and no one heard a bloody thing. Can't have reality spoiling 'Tony's' leagacy now can we?

So you're saying there's a BBC conspiracy to make Blair look good?:S

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Always gratifying to read news of these plots being foiled, but disturbing that these two bombs seem to have been discovered by no other method than pure dumb luck.

I very much doubt it was dumb luck, it was just made to look that way to protect sources. Standard practice.

zshou vil seece und dezizt vrom revee-link met-huds und zoor-sez, oor face zee coonzekwensez, vor dee hoomlant. :P
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Never here of a DA notice? :S

News from NI often is restricted under a DA-Notice 05 or DA-Notice 01

As for the cheese maybe you can put it back in your ears close you eyes and keep on humming.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Never here of a DA notice? :S

News from NI often is restricted under a DA-Notice 05 or DA-Notice 01

As for the cheese maybe you can put it back in your ears close you eyes and keep on humming.

That's an easy thing to claim, you could write any old shit then claim it's because a DA notice covered it up. You have in fact heard about these bombs, what complete bollocks.

And of course there are bombs and there are bombs. In NI Eniskillen's were rare and the backlash was counter productive.

Dog bite's man, even if you won't admit it.

Of all the car bombs, suicide plots and attacks being made we seem to do well to keep stumbling across them. So many resources have been ploughed into anti terrorist efforts the last few years with the growth of special branch as an example. Whilst I am unsure that there is any deliberate effort to cover up the investigative process (although this would make sense) leading to the discovery of these its still a very strange coincidence. So much goes on behind the scenes at a furious rate just to keep the public safe its unbelievable. Well done, police, SB and whoever else may have been involved.

Of all the car bombs, suicide plots and attacks being made we seem to do well to keep stumbling across them. So many resources have been ploughed into anti terrorist efforts the last few years with the growth of special branch as an example. Whilst I am unsure that there is any deliberate effort to cover up the investigative process (although this would make sense) leading to the discovery of these its still a very strange coincidence. So much goes on behind the scenes at a furious rate just to keep the public safe its unbelievable. Well done, police, SB and whoever else may have been involved.

I can only hope we're that competent.

There is a difference however between concealing operationally sensitive information and suppressing the reportage of the discovery of a bombs in NI to make Tony Blair look good, which was the nonsense I was disputing.

I can only hope we're that competent.

There is a difference however between concealing operationally sensitive information and suppressing the reportage of the discovery of a bombs in NI to make Tony Blair look good, which was the nonsense I was disputing.

OK so why haven't these (all in the last NINE MONTHS) been in the news in England? Do you really think that if these had been done by Muslims that we wouldn't all have heard about them? So why didn't anyone read about these in English newspapers or see it on the news at ten?

http://www.utvinternet.com/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=81446&pt=n

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleID=2693252&SectionID=3425

http://www.crosswalk.com/1205257/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6320785.stm Only on BBC NI website.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/10/26/europe/EU_GEN_NIreland_IRA_Dissidents.php

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/?jp=MHAUGBEYGBMH&rss=rss1

http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=77564&pt=n

http://www.4ni.co.uk/northern_ireland_news.asp?id=61866

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/ViewArticle.aspx?SectionID=3425&articleid=1856274

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/ViewArticle.aspx?SectionID=3425&articleid=2230811

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/ViewArticle.aspx?SectionID=3425&articleid=2230816

Outside of Northern Ireland these events mainly aren't reported and even in NI they dissapear from the news as soon as they surface. My being here meant that I knew about these events whereas you didn't, do you think its just a coinicidence that bombs in this part of the UK are not reported whereas any possible Islamic terrorism investigation recieves spotlight attention and front page news? Can you seriously belive that there isn't a cover up over whats really going on in Northern Ireland? Can you really not see why it would not be in the governments interest to keep quite the fact that bombs are reguarly planted in the UK.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

You're REALLY struggling,

Some are duplicates, most ARE links to British news sites:D even if in *some* cases it is an Irish subsection it just says it's of more local interest. Several are small scale stuff and/or inanimate targets.

A small device in an envelope in the garden of a minor ex-official is local News at best and despite your claims the stories are still available online.

This stuff rarely ever made a splash in the mainland press, especially foiled plots, letterbombs & arson.

The only worrying thing here is that you actually believe you have a point. :S

Time for you to come in from the cold I think.

, most ARE links to British news sites

Do you actually understand where Britain is? None of those were British news sites, (aside from the BBC Ireland page, a British page which is not usually shown to British citizens unless they go looking for it). And no, the "co.uk." doesn’t indicate Britain.

Do I think there's a cover up? Nope - the Govt doesn't exercise nearly enough control over the media to achieve that.

Do I think it's noteworthy that there are regular bombings in Northern Ireland which never even make the British papers never mind the world news? Yes, however you cut it that is odd. We get to hear about similar minor and foiled plots by ETA and oodles of stuff about Baghdad - why not PIRA et al bombings on our own doorstep?

Do you actually understand where Britain is?

I am British, born and bred, thanks.

Do you know what an AP byline means? It's reach extends beyond NI.

The claim being made is downright silly. Odd? Write a letter to the Times or whatever.

Letter bombs, pipe bombs, arson, small bomb on road, all local dog bites man stuff.

There was maybe one incident I thought was newsworthy further afield on that list, the foiled truck bomb with an unknown target.