sjc

Most jump-consuming skill to get your next license?

I am curious what are the most jump-consuming skills to get your next license. I am done with my skills for B license and I see a common pattern between what I was doing for A and B licenses. Some skills were not necessarily difficult but they consumed more jumps that I thought they would. Canopy skills took me longer than free fall skills. I am not sure that it is true for C and D licenses though. What do you think?

[edit]
It supposed to be "Landing" not "lending" :) I guess I had to add another category "spelling proficiency"
[/edit]
Regards, Alexander. http://staticlineinteractive.com

I'd say flying a good pattern. I just got my A license on Thursday, and I'm still stretching my patterns slightly because of misjudging the winds. Oddly enough I rarely have problems shooting for accuracy even with a shitty pattern, which leads me to believe if I nail my pattern, I should be able to put it on the peas every time.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

I would say the accuracy for me, but I really haven't had too much of a problem with it, unless its really gusty...

I had real problems with accuracy for my A licence, but I'm finally getting it :D
Also packing I don't think I will ever get good at...:D It still takes me 40 minutes a pack, mainly stowing those first two stows which is at least 20 minutes of that 40. Probably another 5 minutes getting pissed off at the lacky bands snapping...
And probably 5 minutes untwisting all the weird twists I keep managing to put in it all on the way back...
But now that I'm going for my B licence, the freefall skills with other people is the jump-consumingness :)

For USPA D the 500 jump requirement 'consumes' a lot of jumps, which should highlight the issue with your question.

You should enjoy your jumping, jumps aren't consumed, they're to be enjoyed.

If you want to progress as quickly as possible make sure you note any accuracy success for your C always pick a landing spot on each jump even if the DZ has no peas and you should be able to rack them up no problem.

My next licence will be an Aussie F licence, and apart from getting to 1000 jumps, the requirement that'll be the hardest to achieve is this:

(d) Have completed 20 consecutively nominated descents landing within 5 metres of the target centre (see 3.1.9)

My next licence will be an Aussie F licence, and apart from getting to 1000 jumps, the requirement that'll be the hardest to achieve is this:

(d) Have completed 20 consecutively nominated descents landing within 5 metres of the target centre (see 3.1.9)

So for arguments sake, lets say that by the time you qualify for you F, you are flying a HP canopy, (for me I will be under a KA97 when i complete my 1000th jump) do you attempt your 20 consecutive accuracy jumps under your current wing, or borrow a big old square wing that you can land on a dime everytime....
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

So for arguments sake, lets say that by the time you qualify for you F, you are flying a HP canopy, (for me I will be under a KA97 when i complete my 1000th jump) do you attempt your 20 consecutive accuracy jumps under your current wing, or borrow a big old square wing that you can land on a dime everytime....

Current HP wing. It's no fun otherwise :)

Although, watching GT swoop his canopy in and score a 10 on the accuracy tuffet is pretty good... :)
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

You should enjoy your jumping, jumps aren't consumed, they're to be enjoyed.

I agree with this statement. And I am in the sport because I enjoy every jump I make. Maybe "consume" was not the right word to use here. Pardon my English :)

Bigways, bigways....

I want to get in them! I'm up to a 30-way now. I'm kinda trying to jump 'efficiently' towards this.

Unfortunately, Canadian skydiving season and recent financial obligations hit my ability to stay current, so I will need to pick up from where I left off, next year... (Apart from the winter RainbowSkydivers group meet at Eloy's Xmas boogie)

It looks like accuracy of landing is the main concern for people. That's how I personally feel too. And landing itself is the most importnat part of the jump, isn't it? That's the largest source of injuries and fatalities.

for me its simply a matter of time at the DZ on wet weather days to do paperwork/classroom based stuff.

I think that the skills you are asked to have for each licence match well to the jump number rerquirments. meaning that as long as you are current and dont have to jump to go over things you had once mastered you should beable to get your next licence straight away when you get enough jumps.

I have 200 jumps which is enough for my C licnce but because i just dont have the time to spend at the DZ when im not actually jumping i have never had any theory stuff done since AFF and as such still have an A licence despite (in my opinion) having the skill set for my C.