crwtom

All Atheists are Immoral

>a lot of people should have the same level of animousity against
>domestic beers and American made trucks.

Well, you can turn off the TV. If beer and truck salesman were coming to your door every night to tell you how you needed the new Ford Leviathan or you and your family were going to die a horrible death, you might get annoyed at the Ford Leviathan after a while.

>a lot of people should have the same level of animousity against
>domestic beers and American made trucks.

Well, you can turn off the TV. If beer and truck salesman were coming to your door every night to tell you how you needed the new Ford Leviathan or you and your family were going to die a horrible death, you might get annoyed at the Ford Leviathan after a while.

You have Christians coming to your door every night?

These extreme examples you post are getting sillier and sillier... but they are amusing.;)

Yeah, I here those British beers are little more than warm piss

The warm ones are gorgeous.

The cold imitation european ones are rubbish. Still not quite in the same league as Bud lite though. Ughhhh!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>You have Christians coming to your door every night?

Nope, about once every two weeks.

You really get Christians (spreading the Gospel) at your door 20-25 times a year? WOW:o

Do you live next to a Kingdom Hall?

But then again, I don't hate christians.

Even the ones who don't believe in the divinity of Jesus, right?;)

I get Christians pushing their religious views down my throat 24/7 on the TV. Fortunately I have the option of changing channels or not even watching TV to begin with. But the shitting part in all of this is that I am paying money through my cable company to allow these Burble Thumpers to pollute the TV airways with their rhetoric.

Who wins ... the cable companies of course ... because they get money from the Burble Thumpers and the cable consumers.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I get Christians pushing their religious views down my throat 24/7 on the TV.

Which channels are you watching so that you get preached to 24/7?

I don't know about the TVs up in Canada, but almost all TVs in the US allow you to delete the channels you don't care about, so you only see them if you manually key punch the specific channel.

But the shitting part in all of this is that I am paying money through my cable company to allow these Burble Thumpers to pollute the TV airways with their rhetoric.

Who wins ... the cable companies of course ... because they get money from the Burble Thumpers and the cable consumers.

Are you equally put out by all the other (non religious) channels that you have no interest in watching?

But the shitting part in all of this is that I am paying money through my cable company to allow these Burble Thumpers to pollute the TV airways with their rhetoric.

So don't subscribe to cable.

We have cable, but we only watch a small percentage of the channels we get. It would be nicer if we could choose channels and only pay for those, but that's not how they have it set up. So we have the choice to either not have cable, or to have cable with all the extra channels that we don't need. I suppose we could try to get the cable company to change their policies, but so far it hasn't seemed worth the effort (and I doubt they would change it anyway).

I never see any of the Christian shows, because I don't watch those channels. I don't watch sports either. Luckily, no one forces me to watch any of the stuff that I don't want to watch. If I was truly upset about my money going to support these other channels, I'd choose not to have cable.

So don't subscribe to cable.

We have a satellite dish

so instead of having 8 channels I don't want to watch, I now have 800 channels I don't want to watch

Isn't progress wonderful?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

By that rationale, a lot of people should have the same level of animousity against domestic beers and American made trucks.

Budweiser isn't in Congress trying to get a constitutional amendment passed that would ban the purchase of Guiness, or the in home microbrewing of your own beer.

By that rationale, a lot of people should have the same level of animousity against domestic beers and American made trucks.

Budweiser isn't in Congress trying to get a constitutional amendment passed that would ban the purchase of Guiness, or the in home microbrewing of your own beer.

What are you talking about? :S

Gay Marriage in particular, but also state efforts at forcing intelligent design bullshit into the schools.

There are many examples of how religion in the US tries to force itself upon the rest of us. And that leads to resentment.

Bud is content to advertise like crazy, and amazingly to me, it works.

Are you equally put out by all the other (non religious) channels that you have no interest in watching?

I have yet to see ESPN or the Shopping Channel telling me that I'm a sinner and will burn in Hell for eternity. Of course, I may just have missed that bit.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I have yet to see ESPN or the Shopping Channel telling me that I'm a sinner and will burn in Hell for eternity. Of course, I may just have missed that bit.

Ok, I'm a bit surprised to hear that you watch ESPN, but the Shopping Channel???

>Budweiser isn't in Congress trying to get a constitutional amendment
>passed that would ban the purchase of Guiness, or the in home
>microbrewing of your own beer.

Perhaps a better analogy is that Budweiser isn't in congress trying to get schoolkids to all sing "Here Comes the King" - and they're not trying to get BUD put on all the money in the US.

Ok, I'm a bit surprised to hear that you watch ESPN, but the Shopping Channel???

You missed this bit out (emphasis mine):

"Are you equally put out by all the other (non religious) channels that you have no interest in watching?"

Yesterday I was at the car dealer waiting for them to finish servicing, and the shopping channel was on the TV in the waiting room. Two nights ago I was having a drink with friends, and ESPN was on 5 separate big screens in the bar.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If you have no interest in watching, and haven't seen the shopping channel, how do you know they aren't trying to force God down your throat?

And how come all those darn religious channels can afford to run, yet there's no hope in hell of a decent independent film or tv channel being able to start? Oh, yeah.. right. I think I just answered that one. :)

'buttplugs? where?' - geno

You missed this bit out (emphasis mine):

"Are you equally put out by all the other (non religious) channels that you have no interest in watching?"

Yesterday I was at the car dealer waiting for them to finish servicing, and the shopping channel was on the TV in the waiting room. Two nights ago I was having a drink with friends, and ESPN was on 5 separate big screens in the bar.

And are the religious channels ever on in those public situations? If not, then I see no reason to care about what they are "telling you," because they can't actually tell you anything unless you watch them.

It would be one thing if these evangelicals would stick to their religious channels. That way I could have them permanently programmed out of my channel selections. But no they also insist on broadcasting on many other channels like some of the big network channels.

But on a different note some of you (not Kallend) were all to egar to argue your points and neglected to pay attention to the part where I said "I can always change channels and/or not watch TV" and then you (not Kallend) came back and said "you can always change channels and/or not watch TV". well duh ... didn't I just say that. I was just trying to point out that the evangelicals insist of spreading their rhetoric through TV 24/7. Fortunately we do have the ability to shut them off. It's just unfortunate that I must pay for them ... but they are no different than all the other special interest channels and the cable companies know how to take our money and we are all to egar to give it to them. Even when we hardly ever watch TV.

I think here in Speakers Corner the only thing we as a group will ever agree on, is that we agree to disagree with each other.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

You don't *technically* pay for them. Your package would cost the same with or without them. They pay the carrier for the bandwidth / stream directly, and fund themselves with those 2.2 billion.. erm... people.

What do they say? A fool and his money.. :):P

(Yes, I realise the lost revenue could result in higher package prices.. but just as likely, the slots would be filled with more 3rd rate shopping channels anyway)

'buttplugs? where?' - geno

It's just unfortunate that I must pay for them ...

Why must you pay for them?

Even when we hardly ever watch TV.

Especially if you hardly ever watch TV.

If I were you, I'd cancel my cable and let the company know why. (If you're really that annoyed that they carry religious channels.)