dorbie

Scooter lynch mob should be ashamed

The miscarriage of justice here is so blatant and politically motivated that you ignoring the facts and trotting out that glib shite is an indictment of you.

Not even Kallend is low enough to support this conviction preferring to point out his perceived asymmetry which is even where you started.

Are you going to address the issue of his innocence at all or simply spout the same boiler-plate crap and intentionally ignore an injustice because Scooter is a Republican (and not a hero by any means, just a once obscure functionary).

I objected to the Martha Stewart railroading on similar grounds and obviously not because she was a republican, but this IMHO is MUCH worse.

It's a shame you prefer to see an innocent man destroyed for politics than address an injustice.

>Hey, your the one that said blind justice is what counts.

You are making shit up again, my conservative friend.

Maybe, but you did say this and I quote

"Right - because I think the justice system rather than public opinion should try people."

and you have now indicated that you think this is ok

Which is it?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Hey, your the one that said blind justice is what counts.

You are making shit up again, my conservative friend.

Oh, and you posted and I quote

"Fortunately, our justice system does not rely on prosecutors to determine guilt or innocence"

Is this not blind justice?

And you said and I quote

"Doesn't really matter, does it? If a jory gave the same reason, the verdict would still stand. It is their vote, not their reasons for their vote, that matters - whether you are a senator or a juror."

So, which is it. In the courts or public opinion?
Abraham Lincoln

> The miscarriage of justice here is so blatant and politically motivated . . .

In what way? Let's see some actual reasons the conviction was made in error, instead of these shrill screams of "But Clinton . . . but Clinton . . ."

>Are you going to address the issue of his innocence at all . . .

There is no issue of his innocence since he's guilty of perjury and obstructing justice. There was sufficient evidence of him lying to investigators to convict him. On the plus side, a pardon is likely, so a right wing hero will likely escape much jail time.

>It's a shame you prefer to see an innocent man destroyed . . .

It's even sadder to see how many people are willing to support a criminal because of his politics.

It's even sadder to see how many people are willing to support a criminal because of his politics.

Like the left trying to say the Clinton impeachment was "only about a blowjob"?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

> You still choose to ignore the facts presented by Hitchens.

Not at all. Hitchens listed all the things Libby was NOT charged with; I agree with him. He did not dispute that Libby was, in fact, guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice.

If you would like to dispute it, perhaps you might post the reasons, instead of another string of rather sad personal attacks.

>It's a shame you want to see an innocent man destroyed rather
> than correct an injustice. It says a lot about you.

I am not worried that someone reading this thread will think less of me for not supporting a criminal. Good luck with the attacks, though - perhaps you can use the same ones on someone who will be hurt by them.

Not at all. Hitchens listed all the things Libby was NOT charged with; I agree with him. He did not dispute that Libby was, in fact, guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice.

If you would like to dispute it, perhaps you might post the reasons, instead of another string of rather sad personal attacks.

I am not worried that someone reading this thread will think less of me for not supporting a criminal. Good luck with the attacks, though - perhaps you can use the same ones on someone who will be hurt by them.

You can only hope that life does not teach you a lesson such that you appreciate more fully what has been inflicted upon Mr Libby.

You're a moderator, if I'm attacking you as you claim then do something about it, but of course I'm not and your own inaction more than deals with your hollow claim.

It is a shame that you would rather see an innocent man destroyed than address an obvious injustice. It says a lot about you.

>You can only hope that life does not teach you a lesson such that you
>appreciate more fully what has been inflicted upon Mr Libby.

You're right, of course. If I ever lie to FBI investigators to protect my boss, and obstruct an ongoing investigation, I might learn a painful lesson. I hope that never happens - and I figure not lying to investigators is the way to do that.

If you learn the same lesson, great! It may save you as well.

>You're a moderator, if I'm attacking you as you claim then do something
>about it . . .

I don't really care if people attack me. Some people automatically hate authority figures of any sort, which is why I give people more latitude with me.

>It is a shame that you would rather see an innocent man destroyed than
>address an obvious injustice. It says a lot about you.

I picture someone purple-faced with righteous indignation, sitting in front of his computer, posting the same thing over and over hoping he will score a hit and piss me off. It's friday, man! Have a beer. Make a few jumps. Resume the outraged indignity thing next week.

This whole situation makes a joke of American justice... .

Since you mention lynchings, still there are those who think the American justice system is capable of making correct decisions 100% of the time in death penalty cases:S.

Here, I pulled the links print for you since you must not have read it. given your abstract thread hyjacking reply.

Whoosh.

If you don't like the way the justice system works when it "lynches" (shitty analogy) one of your heros, how come you approve when it actually really kills people.

He's nobody's hero, he was an obscure bureaucrat who's life got destroyed in the cause of your political heroes, as a bankrupt 4th estate did nothing about it, worse did their level best to misrepresent it to the public so it would happen.

Even now that he's well known he's still nobody's hero, just a victim of a very dubious political prosecution.

The system found him GUILTY. The same system the right likes and admires when it pronounces death sentences. The system that jailed Larry Peterson for 17 years before he was proven innocent by DNA tests performed over the objections of the system.

Sorry but when you crow about being the "law and order" party, you get no tears from me.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You still choose to ignore the facts presented by Hitchens.

It's a shame you want to see an innocent man destroyed rather than correct an injustice.

It says a lot about you.

Last time I checked, in the USA the JURY is the body that determines fact, not Hitchens. Complain to the JURY, not to us.

You can only hope that life does not teach you a lesson such that you appreciate more fully what has been inflicted upon Mr Libby.

You're a moderator, if I'm attacking you as you claim then do something about it, but of course I'm not and your own inaction more than deals with your hollow claim.

It is a shame that you would rather see an innocent man destroyed than address an obvious injustice. It says a lot about you.

I would have liked to have heard your sympathy for truly innocent people put on death row for years by overzealous prosecutors.

At least Libby got a trial, which is more than many of the Bush administration's prisoners have received.

>You can only hope that life does not teach you a lesson such that you
>appreciate more fully what has been inflicted upon Mr Libby.

You're right, of course. If I ever lie to FBI investigators to protect my boss, and obstruct an ongoing investigation, I might learn a painful lesson. I hope that never happens - and I figure not lying to investigators is the way to do that.

If you learn the same lesson, great! It may save you as well.

>You're a moderator, if I'm attacking you as you claim then do something
>about it . . .

I don't really care if people attack me. Some people automatically hate authority figures of any sort, which is why I give people more latitude with me.

>It is a shame that you would rather see an innocent man destroyed than
>address an obvious injustice. It says a lot about you.

I picture someone purple-faced with righteous indignation, sitting in front of his computer, posting the same thing over and over hoping he will score a hit and piss me off. It's friday, man! Have a beer. Make a few jumps. Resume the outraged indignity thing next week.

You are spewuing this shit so far out of context it is funny.

1 Fitzgerald kwew the FIRST day of the investigation who spoke Plames name\
2 He knew the FIRST day, Plame was not covert

Yet he continued the investigation

If you think this is right then you have a fucked up view of how the justice system is supposed to work my leftist friend

If the screwing comes your way good luck cause you have not made any allies here
Abraham Lincoln

I would have liked to have heard your sympathy for truly innocent people put on death row for years by overzealous prosecutors.

At least Libby got a trial, which is more than many of the Bush administration's prisoners have received.

Did German POWs get a trial when captured?

Your capacity to snow threads with off topic bilge and flawed analogies is limitless.

Am I to take it that you do not care about this injustice because other injustices exist?

Everyone should be concerned about the innocent being convicted under any circumstances, but that is a separate issue from the penalty in capital cases for example. Feel free to raise specific concerns about flawed convictions of all sorts, but don't pretend this is justification for other pet causes of yours. We both know you wouldn't wouldn't want capital punishment even in a case where guilt is 100% established.

Are you going to comment on Scooter or just continue to hijack the thread with the same hackneyed posting of contrived analogies?

It's a shame you want to see an innocent man destroyed rather than correct an injustice.

It says a lot about you.

Last time I checked, in the USA the JURY is the body that determines fact, not Hitchens. Complain to the JURY, not to us.

Did you hear the comments from the left-wing journalist who was on the jury and returned to the leak issue which was not even what the trial was about. When a jury member says "Where was Bush and Cheney" you know something has gone horribly wrong with the trial of a guy being convicted over differing recollections of what he said in a chat with a journalist long after everyone knew the leak came from Armitage, and even after the leak has gone public.

It says a lot about you.

Did you hear the comments from the left-wing journalist who was on the jury and returned to the leak issue which was not even what the trial was about. When a jury member says "Where was Bush and Cheney" you know something has gone horribly wrong with the trial of a guy being convicted over differing recollections of what he said in a chat with a journalist long after everyone knew the leak came from Armitage, and even after the leak has gone public.

I reserve my sympathy for people truly railroaded by prosectors, with faked evidence and confessions obtained by torture. A member of a law and order administration that imprisons without trial is way down my sympathy list. I have NO reason to believe the jury made a wrong verdict.

It says a lot about you.

I reserve my sympathy for people truly railroaded by prosectors, with faked evidence and confessions obtained by torture.

Then you have no genuine interest in justice.

If the screwing comes your way good luck cause you have not made any allies here

Nobody deserves injustice, for that reason we should stand against it on principal regardless of the victim.

You are right. sorry[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

It says a lot about you.

I reserve my sympathy for people truly railroaded by prosectors, with faked evidence and confessions obtained by torture.

or the truth[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

You know what I really find sad. That those who think what has happened to Libby is good do not realize that most on the right would decrie and deffend Hillary should something like this happen to here.

What is right and wrong is getting lost in the flow of what gains political power. Libby was prococuted for political gain, not justice, and that is what bothers me the most[:/]

I know these types exist on both sides. They have to be defeated

Abraham Lincoln

It says a lot about you.

There is no evidence that Libby had an unfair trial. There is no evidence the jury was tampered with. Libby did not have a "free legal aid" lawyer. He can appeal. He is getting much better treatment at the hands of the law than do indigents.

In the matter of priorities, efforts to get innocent people off death row rank far higher than this case.