Darius11

Why are people from Texas such savage Barbarians? Crowd Kills Man after Car Apparently Hits Boy

Crowd Kills Man After Car Apparently Hits Boy
By LIZ AUSTIN PETERSON
AP
Posted: 2007-06-21 11:23:05
AUSTIN, Texas (June 21) - Police urged witnesses to come forward and help them find the mob that beat a man to death after the car he was riding in apparently struck and injured a child.

Investigators were struggling to piece together what happened Tuesday when David Rivas Morales died defending the driver from members of a crowd. There could have been anywhere from two to 20 attackers, Austin Police Commander Harold Piatt said.

The car in which Morales, 40, was a passenger had entered an apartment complex's parking lot when it struck a 2-year-old boy, Piatt said. The boy was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

The driver got out of the car to check on the child and was confronted by several people, Piatt said. When they attacked the driver, Morales got out of the car to protect the driver and was attacked as well. Police said no guns or knives were used.

The driver got away and is cooperating with investigators. Police identified the child as Michael Hosea Jr.

There were conflicting accounts of how many people were in the area. Police originally estimated 2,000 to 3,000 and a woman who lives at the complex said hundreds who had been at a Juneteenth festival filled the parking lot and street.

But late Wednesday police spokeswoman Toni Chovanetz said only 20 people were in the area where the assault occurred.

Chovanetz also said there was no connection to the nearby city-sponsored festival for Juneteenth, which commemorates Texas slaves getting the word that they had been freed.

She said her mother came running after hearing her screams, but police wouldn't let either of them get close to him.

Police arrived one minute after receiving a 911 call, by which time the beating had stopped, Chovanetz said. But the Morales family complained that medical help was slow in coming.

Chovanetz said witnesses told police that three or four men attacked Morales, knocking him to the ground. A man got out of another vehicle and hit Morales again, Chovanetz said.

David Morales arrived at the hospital about 35 minutes after the 911 call was received, said Warren Hassinger, Austin-Travis County Emergency Services spokesman. Emergency officials said police ordered them to wait until the area was secure.

Several hundred people had filled the parking lot and street as the daylong festival at a nearby park ended and spilled over into the surrounding neighborhoods, said Katherine White, a Morales family friend who lives in a townhouse next door to where the beating took place.

Margaret Morales said her brother, who was staying with her, was a painter on his way home from work. The driver, whom she knew only as Victor, picked him up and dropped him off everyday, she said.

The Morales family remembered David as a caring brother who loved the San Antonio Spurs and was thrilled when they won the NBA title last week. Earl White, Katherine's brother, said David Morales enjoyed sitting on the porch, watching the neighborhood children play in the parking lot.

"I just want the people caught and brought to justice," another sister, Elizabeth Morales, said. "I want them to feel the same pain that they caused my brother."

The Point: I see a lot of posts where people call Muslims crazy, barbaric, or backwards. Why are they so violent? Well this is how you’re fellow Texans act when one of their children is hurt in a non life-threatening manner. I wonder what we would do if a country were responsible for thousands of our children’s death………………. Turn the other cheek? I somehow doubt that

Think before you speak.

Here is a giant mirror.

The only reason we are so “civilized”[:/] is we have very cushy lives. I wonder how we would react if we had to go through what we put other people through.

Have a nice day.

Edited to remove veiled attack on another poster
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Seems like there have been several problems this year. My vote: Stupid to judge...

In Milwaukee, Wisconsin, crowds at the downtown festivities attacked cars. One driver was pulled from his vehicle and severely beaten before police arrived. A woman was also arrested during the festivities for assaulting a police officer.

In Syracuse, New York, several fights broke out among youths at the event and two people were stabbed. This lead to police shutting down the event early.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

They are not Barbarians. More like Vandals, maybe Visigoths.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Maybe your question should be, "Why do people celebrating Juneteenth like to Kill and beat people?"

Juneteenth celebrations seem to have alot of thugs walking amoung them.

Rest asure that our Savage and Barbarian court system will deal with these Kind and Gental souls when they are captured and brought to justice for this deliberate Murder.

This is a really fucked up story and I couldn't believe it when I heard it on the radio this morning. There are some pretty fucked up people in this world.

I voted "It is really stupid to judge a whole group of people because of the actions of a few". Just like it is wrong to judge all Muslims based on what the radicals are doing in this world, it is wrong to judge all Texans as redneck hicks based on this event. But those Texans involved in this incident are just as fucked up as the suicide bombers in Iraq, Afghanistan and Palestine. They show little respect for life. If society doesn't throw the book at these Texas low lifes, let's hope our potential maker (assuming there even is one) throws the book at them when they leave this earth.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

The Point: I see a lot of posts where people call Muslims crazy, barbaric, or backwards. Why are they so violent? Well this is how you’re fellow Texans act when one of their children is hurt in a non life-threatening manner. I wonder what we would do if a country were responsible for thousands of our children’s death………………. Turn the other cheek? I somehow doubt that

Muslims do these acts without the 'benefit' of excessive amounts of alcohol. Texans (well, festivals of any sort in America) otoh, continue to get shitfaced in spite of these frequent occurrences.

San Francisco has been refusing to grant permits to many street fairs unless the booze tents go away, because the side effects (mostly people pissing all over the streets) have gotten old.

As long as we're pointing fingers, using stereotypes and jumping to hasty conclusions, how about we refer to the assailants as African American savages from Texas?

Stereotypes? hasty conslusions? I think video tape speaks for its self and eyewitness in the other.

As long as we're pointing fingers, using stereotypes and jumping to hasty conclusions, how about we refer to the assailants as African American savages from Texas?

Where does it say anything about anyone being African American?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

The assailant were all black. Check the Statesman.

I was an Austin cop for 5 years. That section of town is bad bad. Just happens to be 99% Black. South of 7th St. is Hispanic, and the two neighborhoods hate each other.

There are a lot of dynamics unknown to the general public. But FYI - white rednecks normally don't celebrate Junteenth. They kill each other at the Livestock Show and Rodeo at the fairgrounds.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

They kill each other at the Livestock Show and Rodeo at the fairgrounds.

Correct me if I am wrong.. but isn't it Texas where the term.....

" I shot him, cause he needed killin"

is from right???

Kind of rolls of the tongue don't it:ph34r:

Reminds me of, "Can't stop now officer, however this silver bullet will identify me".

watching the neighborhood children play in the parking lot.
/reply]

how stupid can people be. parking lots are not playgrounds, ever!

the beating can most likey be attributed to a combination of ignorance, alcohol, mob mentality, and territoriality.

diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Vandals and Visigoths were barbarians.

Barbarian, noun: Originally from the Greek for foreigners, meaning those who spoke an unintelligible language and had outlandish manners. It has come to mean a rude, crude, untutored, uncultured, cruel, almost savage person who is ignorant of civilized customs and human dignity.

Surely it describes the Welsh and the Scots.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Also have to remember the climate is different there right now they are in the middle of summer. It gets really hot there! Hot weather make people do crazy things, sad but true. Just thought you could use some truth thrown your way.

Barbarian, noun: Originally from the Greek for foreigners, meaning those who spoke an unintelligible language and had outlandish manners. It has come to mean a rude, crude, untutored, uncultured, cruel, almost savage person who is ignorant of civilized customs and human dignity.

Not as much as the Brummies!:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

They kill each other at the Livestock Show and Rodeo at the fairgrounds.

is from right???

Well....some people really do need killin'.

:)
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

is from right???

Gawd-dang. That is beautifull. Why can't Canada be like Texas?
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

How dare you sir! :(

Who on earth was your vieled attack on Darius?:)

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'