Shotgun

"It's her body."

They are pro-life because they want to give rights to an unborn child

All the while taking away the rights of the woman.

Well, in most cases the woman had the right to not get pregnant in the first place.

i would have to say its more like their responsibility to not get pregnant people need to take responsibility for their actions abortion is a result of negligence, and not wanting to face the consequences. remember that the guy still has no say if he doesnt want to deal with his responsibilties for the child he cant force an abortion or walk away from the financial aspect
light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

would have to say its more like their responsibility to not get pregnant people need to take responsibility for their actions abortion is a result of negligence, and not wanting to face the consequences.

My third child resulted from a condom that broke. I was having protected sex with my husband and became pregnant. You can do everything right to prevent it and you can still become pregnant.

How familiar are you with how unadopted children grow up?

Are you saying that all of the ducks need to be in a row for the next 20 yr. if you plan on having a child? We now have 30yr. olds living at home with mom still making their beds. A little adversity can be a good thing.

Adversity?? Are you fucking kidding me? The 30 year olds living at home with moms making their beds have moms. They have families. Sure some might need something here are there but they have a foundation.

Absorbed?? :S Sure we absorb the unwanted. In homeless shelters and prisons.

If I remember correctly, you're a christian with family values. It appears that you have a very limited view on the VALUE of a family.

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

My third child resulted from a condom that broke. I was having protected sex with my husband and became pregnant. You can do everything right to prevent it and you can still become pregnant.

I agree. However, using a condom is not everything, it is something. The combination of birth control, condoms, and spermicide reduces the odds of conception to almost 0%.

PS: Almost 0% is not 0% and thus there will always be some risk.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

The combination of birth control, condoms, and spermicide reduces the odds of conception to almost 0%.

True. However, I was breastfeeding so pills weren't an option and I'm allergic to spermicide. You are right that we could have abstained to prevent pregnancy. :|

Adversity?? Are you fucking kidding me? The 30 year olds living at home with moms making their beds have moms. They have families. Sure some might need something here are there but they have a foundation.

I think that you missed my point. The way that today's society and thinking is progressing, we will be doing abortions on women who's circumstances have led them down a rough road, and they won't be able to show that they can properly provide for the child.

Also, are you saying that personal adversity doesn't produce a much stonger personality that someone who has been coddled every second of their life?

Absorbed?? Sure we absorb the unwanted. In homeless shelters and prisons.

I believe that we are talking about babies who are fortunate enough to forego death before they ever have a chance to prove themselves in society, but the mothers have decided to give up for whatever reason.
Let's say out of the 40 million that have been destroyed over the last 45 yrs. 10 million turned out to be the dregs of the earth. Would you destroy the 30 million just to be sure that you eliminated the 10 million?

The way that today's society and thinking is progressing, we will be doing abortions on women who's circumstances have led them down a rough road, and they won't be able to show that they can properly provide for the child.

show me ANY shed of proof that this might happen. The thread is about CHOICE, not FORCE.

Nice try at the hysteria angle though.

The combination of birth control, condoms, and spermicide reduces the odds of conception to almost 0%.

True. However, I was breastfeeding so pills weren't an option and I'm allergic to spermicide. You are right that we could have abstained to prevent pregnancy. :|

They need to finish the research, development, and testing on the male birth control. :P Do you believe people in your position should accept the risk that comes along with the reward (even when they minimize the risk)?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

I think that you missed my point. The way that today's society and thinking is progressing, we will be doing abortions on women who's circumstances have led them down a rough road, and they won't be able to show that they can properly provide for the child.

Also, are you saying that personal adversity doesn't produce a much stonger personality that someone who has been coddled every second of their life?

Absorbed?? Sure we absorb the unwanted. In homeless shelters and prisons.

I believe that we are talking about babies who are fortunate enough to forego death before they ever have a chance to prove themselves in society, but the mothers have decided to give up for whatever reason.
Let's say out of the 40 million that have been destroyed over the last 45 yrs. 10 million turned out to be the dregs of the earth. Would you destroy the 30 million just to be sure that you eliminated the 10 million?

We don't DO abortions on anyone - we allow women/men to choose whether or not to have one.

And as far as adversity is concerned - geez, I don't even know where to begin to try and wrestle that weird gorilla...

1. People generally overcome adversity when they have a good foundation of morals, ethics and a support system. Our government "tries real hard" to provide that in the adoption and foster care system (with the limited resources and funds available) to abandoned and unwanted children - but they're not always successful. And for those that don't end up in "the system", the odds are less favorable for abused/neglected children at home.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by "strong" - I'll guess you mean resilient? Sociopaths are "resilient". Narcissists are "resilient". Recidivist criminals seem to be pretty "resilient".

Anyway, it's just nutso to talk about millions of kids aging out of foster care, living on the street, being abused or neglected as getting the adversity they need to be strong. :S

Finally, the argument about all the "lost" people. We do not take care of our people. You can't say that things need to change and construct a solution based on unreality.

We don't DO abortions on anyone - we allow women/men to choose whether or not to have one.

Well, I for one, will not be having an abortion...it's my choice.

Besides, MY "rights" trump YOUR "rights".
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

??

I hope it was clear that I meant in the best case scenario, a woman and the man she became pregnant with/from made the decision together. :P

You are clearly of the mind-set that men should rule the world.

Is this typical? Immediately to name calling after a tiny bit of conflict. Next would be a gag order?

And this wasn't even a disagreement of the basic statement, but rather a comment that your statement of personal rights doesn't jibe with the responsibility of all citizens in the application of law and government. Good for a bumper sticker, I guess.

In any case, Wrong. Men and women can equally screw up the world due to their leadership actions.

You are clearly of the mindset that anyone that disagrees with you should not be allowed to vote. That's called a dictatorship. Good luck with that.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Shit, I guess this means you'll be suing for a paternity test & child support, I wasn't even near the farm that day bitch, forget it.
You're as wonderful as a slinkie!! NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.