dorbie

From terrible to tearful....

We're finally seeing REAL justice done in the case. It's too bad those damned race-baiters can't be made to apologize as well.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Maaan, losing a law license isn't NEARLY an adequate penalty for someone like him. A person would go to prison for stealing someone's car (as he should), but to be willing to destroy these boys' lives for his own political gain he just loses his license. Not enough.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

He was disbarred on Saturday, but still I don't think he'll ever get the punishment he deserves. As one of the Lacrosse players said something like this: "When I die, regardless of what I've done in my life, I'll always be referred to as an 'accused rapist.'" Nifong has done irreparable harm to the lives of these boys. I hope those he harmed get every dime that Nifong has, along with every dime he'll ever make. This wasn't a innocent mistake. He knew what he was doing, but did it anyway. [/rant]
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...

Maaan, losing a law license isn't NEARLY an adequate penalty for someone like him. A person would go to prison for stealing someone's car (as he should), but to be willing to destroy these boys' lives for his own political gain he just loses his license. Not enough.

linz

These boys will make millions off this.;)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

What happened there was appalling. In terms of publicity, and ability to identify with the victims, seriously appalling.

But in terms of human impact, no more appalling than any other bad prosecution. Maybe more, because those guys have a lot of sympathy on their side. We just don't hear as much about the others.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

You're right, Wendy.

When a judge dismissed a case against me, the detectives just shrugged and said, "Nothing personal." As if all the stress and anguish I'd been through for nothing was just another day for them.

mh

Update: Superior Court Judge Hudson orders Nifong to leave office immediately - Nifong was going to stay until the end of the July:

Earlier Monday, Nifong said he planned to leave office next month in a resignation letter to Gov. Mike Easley and to Superior Court Judge Orlando Hudson, who is overseeing a pending request to remove Nifong from office.

"It is my fervent hope that this action will spare this community the further anguish a removal hearing would entail and will allow the healing process to move forward," Nifong wrote.

But Nifong's July 13 departure date wasn't soon enough for Hudson, who decided late Monday to suspend Nifong from office.

Can ya say "Schauenfreude"?

You're right, Wendy.

When a judge dismissed a case against me, the detectives just shrugged and said, "Nothing personal." As if all the stress and anguish I'd been through for nothing was just another day for them.

mh

I didn't hear a lot of outrage from the right when the death sentences were reversed on 13 innocent people in Illinois, mostly due to prosecutorial misconduct. Had the right had its way, they would have been executed long before. Of course, they were black or hispanic.

And how about this guy? Not much outrage about his wrongful imprisonment for decades. But then, he's black too.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

linz

But if his victims had been black, like this guy's, the system would protect him for decades.

Nifong is being hung out to dry because HIS victims were clean cut white college boys.

You're right, Wendy.

mh

I didn't hear a lot of outrage from the right when the death sentences were reversed on 13 innocent people in Illinois, mostly due to prosecutorial misconduct. Had the right had its way, they would have been executed long before. Of course, they were black or hispanic.

And how about this guy? Not much outrage about his wrongful imprisonment for decades. But then, he's black too.

Oh look...

it's a Red Herring. :P

Nifong is being hung out to dry because HIS victims were clean cut white college boys.

Yeah, let's make Nifong the victim here.

Here in BIZARRO WORLD!:S

How much outrage did you show over the wrongful conviction of Peterson? Any at all? Where's your outrage over the torture of black suspects in Chicago with no accountability in two decades?

Or do you reserve your outrage only for prosecutors who railroad white college boys?

How much outrage did you show over the wrongful conviction of Peterson? Any at all? Where's your outrage over the torture of black suspects in Chicago with no accountability in two decades?

Or do you reserve your outrage only for prosecutors who railroad white college boys?

I "reserve" my outrage for cases of injustice that I actually know about. ;)

And speaking of reserving outrage, here's a kallend classic:

Or does it??? What a bunch of numb nuts... :S
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6091234

Don't confuse college athletes with college students. Different animals, in general.

Not that your average college student is any better than your average college athlete.

What's your take on the Duke Lacrosse Rape story?

As bad as any other rape story. The 16-25 year old male, whether in college or not, does not have a great record where good judgment is concerned.

So you think they are guilty of rape? Are you like the 70+ Duke Professors who publicly condemned the lacrosse team, based on nothing more than PC stereotyping?

Guilty or not is a fact that I am in no position to know. I have no opinion.

I guess we can take your non-sequitur response as admission that you only feel outraged when whites are railroaded by prosecutors. OK.

It's quite disgusting that you would jump to the defense of the academic scumbags who tried to railroad these kids just because you're an academic too. Even more-so because you dare to accuse others of selective outrage.

Serious study estimates false rape accusations to run at around 40%, the numbers vary by demographic & by study, none dip below 25%. Yet the PC bozos at that University who preach freedom yet don't have the first damned clue what it means couldn't wait to form the core of the rabble baying for revenge. What a shameful collection of dolts and a sorry excuse for a group of 'intellectuals'.

I guess we can take your non-sequitur response as admission that you only feel outraged when whites are railroaded by prosecutors. OK.

What a load of crap. :S

However, it does seem you are indifferent if it's white, male college students getting railroaded.

Guilty or not is a fact that I am in no position to know. I have no opinion.

Riiiight! ;)

Since I've been accused of offering a non sequitur reply, I'll address this post.

Why didn't you actually address my criticism of you trying to make Nifong the victim? Your reply eas a bit of a non sequitur, itself. Can I get you a mirror?

Now... to the fun stuffB|

- How much outrage did you show over the wrongful conviction of Peterson?
- Any at all?
- Where's your outrage over the torture of black suspects in Chicago with no accountability in two decades?

Please provide posts.... I mean ones other than efforts to minimalize the Nifong controversy.

He was disbarred on Saturday, but still I don't think he'll ever get the punishment he deserves.

Disbarred?!! Big deal...he can still drink at home. Justice is always dealt according to class, wealth and position. We can't expect justice, 'coz it's just us. Actually, I'm still waiting for some semblance of justice...in the Kent State Massacre! Damn, I'm old!