dorbie

Meet Bono? No thanks!

Sounds like a case of "class envy" to me;)

In my case the opposite is closer to reality, but Bono is a grade A hypocrite who wants nations already dripping red ink to spend even more on pet overseas causes as many people struggle domestically and our grand kids are already in debt to the tune of trillions, all as he does his best to avoid paying his share.

The latest affront is the Bono Geldoff duo at the G8 summit where they're bitching that half the pledged 30 billion is money already pledged and there's not much evidence of new money. Are we supposed to get the checkbook out to the tune of tens of billions of dollars every time these tax avoiding ass clowns roll into town on a cause? Fuck that. In fact how about a big fat sincere unqualified fucking thank you very much and bugger off for at least 5 years before we give another nickel or listen to these wealthy beggars again.

I understand your argument and you've laid it out well. What I was trying to point out is that his lobbying methods in favor of his causes are no different than the banks, pharmaceutical companies, and oil companies who not only lobby for their causes but who also write the legislation that gets passed by Congress. Your tax dollars are being spent to subsidize the industries listed above, all of which also take advantage of a complicated tax system that is written to provide an advantage to the wealthy. The difference lies in that the Bono lobby results in monies that help provide awareness and relief for the poor and diseased (many of whom are living in resource rich countries whose resource exploitation makes our lives easier) while the Corporate lobby results in monies for the companies and their shareholders.

Bono? We shouldn't worry. I hear he died in a skiing accident. Cher wasn't really upset.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Bono? We shouldn't worry. I hear he died in a skiing accident. Cher wasn't really upset.

Actually Cher was devastated.:|

I sit corrected - it wasn't a joke so much as a clue for the stupid people.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants