FlyinDawg

Start over: Why does a person buy a gun for?

Hi JR

We tried some of the long distance stuff once. Couldn't even find the target without a spotting scope

Open sights no way[:/]

But we weren't in the marines either:)

I had the same experience at 800m - couldn't see the target.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Hi Prof

We couldn't even see the target at 500 yds.[:/]

Used a large white piece of paper and duct tape from top to bottom side to side to locate the center. Zippo:(

I need to get some claymore mines and remember to point them in the right direction. Should be able to hit something. Anyone know how long the wire is from the mine to the trigger.:|

We tried some of the long distance stuff once. Couldn't even find the target without a spotting scope. Open sights no way[:/]

Well, at 1,000 yards the targets are 6-feet square, and the black dot in the center for aiming is 44-inches diameter. So, that's a heck of a lot bigger than your average 100-yard target that most people use.

It's like trying to hit a "STOP" road sign from six-tenths of a mile away.

That 44" dot is just a speck from that distance...

Hi Prof

Used a large white piece of paper and duct tape from top to bottom side to side to locate the center. Zippo:(

We were using a cut out that looked like an infantryman peering over the edge of his foxhole.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Hi Prof

I need to get some claymore mines and remember to point them in the right direction. Should be able to hit something. Anyone know how long the wire is from the mine to the trigger.:|

as far as the spool of wire will allow.

remember mr wire does not like to be spliced without some tape to make sure he does not have his juice spilled into the ground.:|

Let see whats your opinion for buy a gun or more?

Me buys gun because even tho I am with english having the troubles I still enjoy having the big gun to shoots the bullets at bad man who bother wifey too much. I goes bang-bang-bang and he no troubles wifey no more because he dead on ground. Thank with you too much :S

>I did enabled mulitple answers.

You have to check "enable multiple answers." I fixed it for ya.

FYI, I did CHECKED. It's must be error site. Forget it, let's going on as normally. ;);)

If this'd is goings on normaled, I hated to have see all goof uped.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

1) A target from two weeks ago, 1905 Swedish Mauser, iron sights (notch & blade), 6.5 mm, 300 yards.

2) A scorecard from Sunday, M1A (M14) rifle, iron sights (peep & post), .308, 1,000 yards. The 9-ring is 30" diameter.

Damn, John. Remind me not to piss you off even from a long ways away. Fine groups there despite the wind!

Oh, and back on the subject, I have guns for all of the reasons listed, and because I can.

Just burning a hole in the sky.....

Oh, and back on the subject, I have guns for all of the reasons listed, and because I can

Got a bayonet for your assualt rifle yet? You can:)
Drive by bayoneting is quite.

Once they stop screaming, yes...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

a CZ is a fine weapon and very affordable, nice choice;)

Thank you very much!:$ I had to shop around for quite sometime before I bought it as I am just a lil lady (only 5'4, 130lbs) and have small hands. My husband has a Glock, a Beretta, and couple other hand guns that I have shot on occasion but they are so hard for me to hold on to. So when that CZ hit my hand I *knew* it was the one! Nice to hear that I did good! :)
"A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water" ~ Eleanor Roosevelt ~

Oh, and back on the subject, I have guns for all of the reasons listed, and because I can

Got a bayonet for your assualt rifle yet? You can:)
Drive by bayoneting is quite.

No, but I have one for my 93 Mauser. A 29" barell gives you a lot more reach for bayonetting than you get on today's guns.

No, but I have one for my 93 Mauser. A 29" barell gives you a lot more reach for bayonetting than you get on today's guns.

I have one on my Model 98 and also have one for my Schmidt-Rubin M 1911 Long suckers they are...;)

My first guns were to protect me from the bears while growing up in Alaska fishing in the salmon streams.

Now I own guns because I have a teenage daughter.
they always need cleaning when the boyfreinds come around;)

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

My first guns were to protect me from the bears while growing up in Alaska fishing in the salmon streams.

Now I own guns because I have a teenage daughter.
they always need cleaning when the boyfreinds come around;)

Amazing how that works, isn't it? ;)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Hi Prof

as far as the spool of wire will allow.

remember mr wire does not like to be spliced without some tape to make sure he does not have his juice spilled into the ground.:|

Hi warped

Thats a start, don't want to piss off mr wire when we need him the most:)
Any idea how long his wire is.:$

I'm not going to bother reading this thread; I just want to know if the unnecessary preposition in the subject line bothers anyone else as much as it bothers me. Seriously, every time I look at Speakers Corner, I think I die a little because of it.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

All of those reasons plus:

To have and play with beautifully machined devices that are fun to take apart and try to tweak.

Collecting for historical purposes.

Investment - seriously. I can either resell most of mine for what I have in them if not more... but then again, I don't buy the cheap "Saturday night special."

Long term security. Never know what the future might hold and if it all goes to pot, I can use them for multiple purposes to get food (as opposed to... say... a diamond tennis bracelet, where if chaos reigned... what the hell would you do with that?!)

edit to add: and a full auto Tommy is really just SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!! B|

Long term security. Never know what the future might hold and if it all goes to pot, I can use them for multiple purposes to get food (as opposed to... say... a diamond tennis bracelet, where if chaos reigned... what the hell would you do with that?!)

Have you checked into some RCBS reloading equipment so you can.......roll your own;)

Have you checked into some RCBS reloading equipment so you can.......roll your own;)

RCBS reloading[:/] Way to retro:P

Dillion 550/650 you can roll your own as fast as you can smoke em (almost) lifetime warrenty, and the cute blue colored machine, instead of puke green RCBS.

"A" Please don't hurt me:)

I do not go for fast.. I go for exacting standards... those reach out to 1000 yards kinda loads.. you do not need a lot when its very very accurate.. NM Brass..all bullets to within less than 1/10 of a grain..Powder the same

I like the control with my old school green machine.