FlyinDawg

Start over: Why does a person buy a gun for?

JEEZ.. you still did not enable multiple answers.... you a newbie or sumpin????

I did enabled mulitple answers. I checked before post. If anyone don't see one. It's must be this site error.
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

>I did enabled mulitple answers.

You have to check "enable multiple answers." I fixed it for ya.

FYI, I did CHECKED. It's must be error site. Forget it, let's going on as normally. ;);)
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

Let see whats your opinion for buy a gun or more?

Just to have the feeling of life or death in your hand.;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

You left out: get one while you still can.

Well fortunately, the tides of 1999 turned back in the 2000 election, but it looked pretty shitty in California that year. As it is, pricing for Sigs went up a couple hundred bucks in about 5 years. (figure that's 25%)

Now they sit in their box, dreaming of up ways to possess my mind and make me kill people.

I seem to be slowly collecting old Soviet weapons due to their cheap price, reliability, and coolness factor. I have a 9mm Makarov and an M44 carbine that I have added a scope to for hunting. They are fun and very cheap to shoot.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Let see whats your opinion for buy a gun or more?

You left out: "Because I can." :P

I bought my first handgun (SA XD40sc) late last year because I wanted something to go target shooting with and wanted a carry gun for when I got my CHL as well.

I bought my second gun (Kel-Tec P3AT) because I wanted something a little smaller I could carry with me when the XD wasn't an option (while out on my mountain bike riding around town). I rarely shoot this one at the range becauase it just plain isn't enjoyable to shoot.

I bought my third gun a few weeks ago (a Springfield 1911 Loaded model) because I wanted something that was more accurate at the range and had less recoil than the smaller XD. I like this gun so much I'm thinking about using it as a carry gun, but it's kinda big.

The next gun I buy will either be a .22 target pistol or a carry-size 1911 (Colt Defender, etc..).

Screw the skeet...

Sporting clay is a lot of fun once you get that damn rabbit in the "feather and fur" shoot. I hate that little ball! It always hits a little bump and I shoot under it.:ph34r:
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

looks like a left to right 5-10mph wind on the second photo John;)

You got it! Yep, it was light and variable, from left to right. And I didn't pick up on the pattern going to right for a while either. I'm not too great at reading the wind and being proactive.

To further complicate matters, my sights allow only minute-of-angle adjustments, so at 1,000 yards, the smallest change I can make is 10" on the target. And that was too much. So I was just holding my sight picture left a tiny bit using Kentucky windage, and with iron sights that's hard to do precisely and consistently.

1,000-yard shooting is a challenge. A one-hundredth of an inch wiggle on the firing line, will cost you 15-inches on the target. A 5 mph wind gust can throw the bullet 30" sideways.

Even the changes in light on the target, from sunlight to cloud shade, has a dramatic effect on the sight picture. The bulls-eye is more clear in sunlight, and the edge is fuzzy in cloud shadow. And that fuzziness equates to a change in the point of impact. The saying goes; "Light's up, sights up; light's down, sights down." Sometimes I'll just lay there for minutes waiting for a cloud to pass over, so that all my shots are in consistent lighting conditions. But there's a time limit, and you can't wait forever.

I'm happy for now just to keep everything inside the "7" ring.

And it was really satisfying on my first shot, to dial in my elevation zero, watch the wind flags, calculate the wind speed and direction, dial that in, take my shot, and get a "10" right from the get-go. It's not uncommon to take multiple shots just to get your first hole in the paper to start the day.

Some people consider target shooting boring. But it's a real mental challenge, with dozens of variables, and you make of it what you want to.

You Left out "to shoot Lawyers and Liberals".

Why watse perfectly good ammo on Paper?:P:D

:D That mean you have to shoot your own lawyer after end up caught for murdered lawyers and liberals. :D;)
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

I own a Simonov SKS Rifle from Yugo country. It's amazing shots. I'm use for shoot range. It's good accurate. that's rifle, I shot from developed in 1946. I know it's old, but ex-owners took good care of it. I got it for free. =)
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

:D That mean you have to shoot your own lawyer after end up caught for murdered lawyers and liberals. :D;)
murder is one human killing another human, they dont meet that criteria
light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

murder is one human killing another human, they dont meet that criteria

No murder is murdering another homosapien.

Killing is just that ...killing.

Killing can be sanctioned, while murder is not, at least not usually.

I just recently bought my first hand gun and I LOVE IT! its a CZ 9mm. Mostly use it for the range until I make the time to get my Conceal and Carry. Then..well...for protection as well as for fun.
I also have a shot gun that I use for hunting and clays. We have a german short hair so LOVE shooting pheasants etc. :)

"A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water" ~ Eleanor Roosevelt ~