Coyote Season

Shouldn't it be OK to shoot coyotes with full-auto weapons from helicopters and/or airplanes just for fun? I say yes.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

:o What? Those poor little cute furry critters that can't even catch a stupid roadrunner? Why you want to kill them? Why? WHY? WHYYY???? Think of the children!!

Oh, ok. Go ahead. Just watch how you handle that weapon. You can put someones eye out with those things.

Aren't you supposed to be over in BF posting digusting pics, or something?

:P

This do it for ya?

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Shouldn't it be OK to shoot coyotes with full-auto weapons from helicopters and/or airplanes just for fun? I say yes.

No, we need more coyotes. I have damn rabbits digging holes under my drive, holes under my porch, holes under my patio, and I get up in the morning to see the goddamn things making more bunnies in the back yard. The neighbors cat takes one out occasionally, but not fast enough to cut down the numbers.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Weenie, it was just a Human Being!

Any info on why it was aborted?

Looks like a botched back alley abortion attempt... B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Not that I can reveal w/o being banned. But the pic really has nothing to do with the thread.

-NickDG

Not that I can reveal w/o being banned. But the pic really has nothing to do with the thread.

Why would revealing the info get you banned?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Is that picture real?

How far along would that fetus be?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Is that picture real?

How far along would that fetus be?

Maybe 6 to 7 months... just guessing on the size in proportion to the hands holding it.

think "abortion as an afterthought".

Or maybe abortion due to a medical emergency?

It was a special pic for mnealtx. She/he pretty much begged for it.

-NickDG

I doubt if using a machine gun from an airplane or helicopter will ever be legalized for sport hunting or control work. In fact a shotgun might be safer and more effective.

Can you imagine how pissed off the general population would be to see some crazy flying overhead shooting a full automatic weapon out the door of an airplane. It's something that is never going to happen.

The Fish Wildlife and Parks sometimes use helicopters and a shooter for control work. They use a shotgun though. It's a really expensive way to thin the coyote population.

It was once legal, in Montana, to hunt coyotes from an airplane. Usually a Super Cub was used. You had to be careful not to shoot your own airplane while in the process of harvesting a coyote.

I had a buddy that totaled a Cessna when they were shooting coyotes. He wasn't watching where he was flying (on uneven ground), and collided with the earth. He asked me to shoot for him a few days prior to the accident. And yes, it did sound like fun. I was a lot younger and dumber then.....Steve1

I'd say all they do is terrorize livestock and pets, so yes, have at them.

WRONG... there is an misconception of enormous proportions about these beautiful creatures ! The fact of the matter is, they are more afraid of us, then we should ever be of them! For the most part they are nocturnal creatures that avoid human contact at all cost. Unless of course they contract rabies, but even a squirrel or mouse with rabies is dangerous, but even in this case it's the infection not the creature or it's normal nature in & of itself, that is dangerous. Besides the fact that just like every species on this planet... their existence serves purpose & balance in life's over all cycle! They keep the disease carrying rodent & other wild mammalian populations in check, as well as contributing to the over all balance of wild vegetation!
NOTHING should be killed by a human unless it poses an eminant, immediate danger to an individual or society, or they intend to consume it for survival! Hunting down & killing innocent wildlife is NOT "Sporting" ! It's selfish Ego-centric behavior!
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

"Dangerous ego-centric behavior" ? THAT'S a bit over the top, don't you think?

Short answer is...if it comes down to my livestock or the coyote chasing them... it's gonna be the coyote getting the short end of the stick...same thing goes for the local dogs.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

No, we need more coyotes. I have damn rabbits digging holes under my drive, holes under my porch, holes under my patio, and I get up in the morning to see the goddamn things making more bunnies in the back yard.

Fuck with the population of a predator and be overrun by their prey.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

We have an over-abuncance of coyotes in Eastern Montana. The fur prices are way down and very few are trapped any more. A few people hunt them, but not enough to have any real affect on their population. Many of the coyotes that I have seen have mange really bad. This is usually a sign of overpopulation. Mange causes a coyote to itch like crazy. They actually rub huge patches of fur off, down to bare skin. Every coyote I've ever harvested has also been covered with hundreds if not thousands of fleas.

I called in, and shot one coyote that looked a lot like a greyhound. It had mange. Most of the hair was missing from it's tail, on one side, and on it's face. During the winter a coyote like this will often freeze to death, because it doesn't have enough fur to keep it warm. I feel like I put this coyote out of it's misery.

I have several rancher friends who would love to have more hunters come over and thin down the coyotes in their area. They often eat new born calves and sheep. Coyotes also like to kill cats and dogs. Many a ranchers dog has been lured away from the house by coyotes and then chewed up bad. So most coyote hunters are welcome on their land.

I don't hunt or trap coyotes any more. For me it just isn't as much fun as it once was. But I certainly wouldn't stop other hunters from collecting a few nice coyote pelts during the Fall or Winter. This would have virtually no affect on their numbers in my area.

As I mentioned earlier the Fish and Game is using a helicopter in some areas to thin their numbers. A few Government trappers are also trapping them on ranches where they are killing livestock. I'd rather see hunters doing this, (rather than a government employee). There just aren't many people shooting or trapping them these days....Steve1

No! don't shoot the coyotes! They are like as family of dogs! They won't attack you if you threaten them.
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

Please pack up your spare coyotes and ship them too me in Broomfield CO. I will guarantee them an unlimited supply of rabbits. I almost stepped on one of them this morning as I bolted out the patio door to chase a damn woodpecker off my roof, and the damn bunny was busily digging a hole under my patio.>:(

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.