SBS

Falwell's Dead - Is it wrong to celebrate?

In perhaps a bit of irony, I read today that Fred Phelps and his group are planning on picketing Falwell's Funeral. I usually try to ignore that group and their attempts to incite and enrage people for publicity, but I think that this one is actually funny.

In perhaps a bit of irony, I read today that Fred Phelps and his group are planning on picketing Falwell's Funeral. I usually try to ignore that group and their attempts to incite and enrage people for publicity, but I think that this one is actually funny.

That's definitely a step in a different direction. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>Just because someone dies doesn't automatically make what they
>did in life any more acceptable.

It doesn't change what they did during their lives _at_all._ But I find that I can hate what someone does without hating them. Like I said, I think Bush has done this country a lot of harm, and has caused the needless deaths of at least tens of thousands. But for all I know he could be a nice guy, and would have made a good middle manager somewhere.

Likewise, I think Falwell did a lot of bad things, and said a lot of things I disagree with. Doesn't mean I hate HIM. I'm glad he's not saying those things any more, but if it were up to me, I'd prefer that to happen by his conversion to a less-venomous form of chrisitanity, rather than through his death.

Hate does no good. Half of those you hate don't know, and the other half don't care.
I don't hate Bill Clinton, but I will feel the country will be a better place once he is gone. I also realize I will most likely be in the minority with those feelings and I am ok with that.

>Hate does no good.

I think celebrating someone's death would fall firmly under the definition of hatred.

Like the happy singing and dancing of the munchkins when the wicked witch is crushed? They didn't look riddled with hate to me. They just seemed relieved their torment was over.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

It won't stop me from thinking or saying he was a complete cunt, but it would be wrong to celebrate.

Bumper sticker I saw at the DZ last w/e...

"I'm not against God, it's his cheering section I hate"

or sumptin like that.

"exit fast, fly smooth, dock soft and smile"
'nother james