SBS

Falwell's Dead - Is it wrong to celebrate?

Yes.

1 reason to not celebrate:
He did more to tarnish the name of Christianity than he did to improve it. But then, if you care about that, that would mean you were a christian, and celebrating his death would be decidely unchristian.

Another reason to not celebrate is that someone will take his place, and there is no guarantee that they will be any better than he was.

Methane Freefly - got stink?

Publicly? Yes. Those who liked him deserve a bit of respect.

Privately? I wouldn't call it "celebrating", so much as a fleeting appreciation for the circle of life. Every evil man will eventually die, and there will usually be some short reprieve before someone else steps forward to take his place.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Publicly? Yes. Those who liked him deserve a bit of respect.

Privately? I wouldn't call it "celebrating", so much as a fleeting appreciation for the circle of life. Every evil man will eventually die, and there will usually be some short reprieve before someone else steps forward to take his place.

Blues,
Dave

Nicely put. Personally, I am celebrating!

|>.<|
Seriously, W.T.F. mate?

"I never saw a person so mis-guided or put his foot in his mouth as much as he did."

Two words....

Pat Robertson.

Bobbi

Ha,ha,ha,ha... I forgot about ol' Pat! He's definately a 'mental giant'!:D One less nut-job to have to listen to.

Chuck

I'm completely out of it then. I have no opinion on the man. I'm sure a few of you could enlighten me as to why I should hate him. :S Just leave me in the dark, OK?:D:D:P

Just google him on da Net, play back any footage on him speaking, & in about three seconds you'll understand!;):D
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

I'm completely out of it then. I have no opinion on the man. I'm sure a few of you could enlighten me as to why I should hate him. :S Just leave me in the dark, OK?:D:D:P

I don't 'think', anyone hated Fallwell... he was too scarey to hate!:D Leastwise, Larry Flint has him off his back!:D

Chuck

Well, since you asked:P here are a few of his greatest moments....

“If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being.”
~ Jerry Falwell

“Homosexuality is Satan's diabolical attack upon the family that will not only have a corrupting influence upon our next generation, but it will also bring down the wrath of God upon America.”
~ Jerry Falwell

“AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.”
~ Jerry Falwell

“I do not believe the homosexual community deserves minority status. One's misbehavior does not qualify him or her for minority status. Blacks, Hispanics, women, etc., are God-ordained minorities who do indeed deserve minority status.”
~ Jerry Falwell, USA Today Chat, quoted from The Religious Freedom Coalition, “The Two faces of Jerry Falwell”

“AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharaoh's chariotters [sic].”
~ Jerry Falwell

“The Bible is the inerrant… word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc.”
~ Jerry Falwell, Finding Inner Peace and Strength
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

"Do be do be DO"
~Frank Sinatra
:S

ROTFLMAO--- That's our twardo ! You are one funny bastard!
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}