gontleman

Gotta love those extremist cultures that stone people.

http://www.aina.org/news/20070425181603.htm

Link that includes some shoddy videos of the Kurdish girl who was stoned recently.

Frankly, I find little in life that is more pathetic than cultures where this kind of behavior is prevalent.

Maybe I'm a bleeding heart, but asking people to maintain codes of conduct that directly conflict with naturalistic desires and impulses is, frankly, barbaric. Note that I'm talking about desires and impulses that don't result in someone being hurt. Stoning a guy for cold-blooded murder is a wee bit different than stoning a girl for dishonoring her family and converting to a different religion.

Liberals want to bring that kind of so-called [bending fingers gesture] "culture" to my country in the name of [bending fingers gesture] "diversity".

We must [bending fingers gesture] "tolerate" such behavior because we're [bending fingers gesture] "bigoted racist homophobes" otherwise.

That girl died for the sins of liberals.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Liberals want to bring that kind of so-called [bending fingers gesture] "culture" to my country in the name of [bending fingers gesture] "diversity".

We must [bending fingers gesture] "tolerate" such behavior because we're [bending fingers gesture] "bigoted racist homophobes" otherwise.

And, for some reason, they never get the irony of bending a finger ans saying that our culture is wong and their lack of tolerance - no matter how much easoning I did with them. The discussions typically went,
"You can't say it's wrong."
"Why not?"
"Because it's a different culture. You are coming from your beliefs."
"My culture says it's wrong. Are you saying my culture is wrong?"
"Yes."
"You can't say that. You are coming from YOUR cultural beliefs."
"Well then neither can you."
"No, you can't say I'm wrong, but I can say you and anyone else is wrong."
"What????"
"YEah,m my culture has no problem with that. According to you, there's nothing wrong with anything. It's you who actually dosn't believe a word you say. You are all for hating cultures - just the ones you disagree with."

But, it never got anywhere. I usually started and ended the conversations with, "My cultue practices female circumcision. Got a problem with that?" (Back then, it was a hot issue on college campuses)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

The people that did this have far more in common with the christian right than with liberals.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

These neanderthal, have lived with this same culture since long before the birth of christ.

I try not to chime in on this topic because I have very extreme views.

when will it end. With the huge amount of aid and assistance we give them, they simply remain as they have always been.

Our country continues towards bankruptcy but still we help those who have fallen behind. when will we see the light and allow Darwinism to have its day.

In nature the bigger stronger smarter animal makes it through. Not here, the more helpless and under developed you are the more help you get.

I believe we need all types to make the world go round, but when a culture stagnates for thousand of years, perhaps it needs to be culled from the herd.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

The people that did this have far more in common with the christian right than with liberals.

Very few of the Christian right support physical violence against the heathens. In the past, sure.

It still means these other cultures are wrong. And so long as they keep their people uneducated, they can persist.

Very few of the Christian right support physical violence against the heathens. In the past, sure.

But the underlying attitude towards sexual matters remains very similar.

It still means these other cultures are wrong.

Of course. But blaming it on western liberalism is moronic.

mh

Don't be absurd. Harsh penalties for religious and moral "offenses" are the hallmark of the right.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

How in the fuck did you arrive at the conclusion that the actions of ultra-conservative religous zealots are the fault of liberals. That's like the Westboro Baptist folks saying that our tolerance of homosexuality is to blame for the IED-related deaths of our servicemen.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

they just prove themselfs time and time again.... its just absolutly disgusting,, and i really don't care what tribe, ethnic or whatever it be,, its just that part of the world is soo fucked. why would anyone have respect for any of them.. its really sad..

Don't be absurd. Harsh penalties for religious and moral "offenses" are the hallmark of the right.

What about "hate speech"... is that another 'hallmark of the right'?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

right on to that one...."allies" riiiiiiiight....like Iraq once was.....like iran once was....like saudi arabia is...sure when it comes to the american dollar they are but if anyone thinks that an islamic nation of any sot is an ally to any other quote unquote "religiously" free nation ya better stop readin dz forums & pick up the Koran & start readin...any non muslim they want dead period

As much as I also disaprove of the actions, its not my culture. Thats the way things happen in their culture so who are we to say they are wrong? This is the perfect example of ethnocentrism. I happen to be guilty of it as well but it proves how because we live our lives differently we assume others are incorrect

So just what is the conservative line nowadays?

1) We need to face the fact that those primitive f&*ked-up Muslim cultures will never change & will always despise free democratic societies.

or is it

2) We need to send our troops into those muslim countries to liberate them & help them build a free & democratic society, and then they'll thank us & welcome us as heroes.

---

(and does anyone else notice that the desire of ALL of us is that those societies might become more, well, LIBERAL????):S

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

As much as I also disaprove of the actions, its not my culture. Thats the way things happen in their culture so who are we to say they are wrong? This is the perfect example of ethnocentrism. I happen to be guilty of it as well but it proves how because we live our lives differently we assume others are incorrect

When a person becomes so self-righteous in his beliefs that he thinks he has the right kill people who are not threatening him, just because they are not living their lives according to his personal beliefs, he is no longer fit to walk freely.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

When a person becomes so self-righteous in his beliefs that he thinks he has the right kill people who are not threatening him, just because they are not living their lives according to his personal beliefs, he is no longer fit to walk freely.

Says our legal systems but many cultures throughout the world would differ with us. Whos right huh? If its not in our country its not for us to say really and its wrong to force/enforce our ways on other cultures

Says our legal systems but many cultures throughout the world would differ with us. Whos right huh? If its not in our country its not for us to say really and its wrong to force/enforce our ways on other cultures

You are home late one night, and suddenly hear screams from the woman next door who is being beaten by her husband. The couple is from a Mideastern country where women have no rights, and are considered the personal property of their husbands.

Do you not intervene because of their culture?

I believe this is an analogy for "neighbors" who are also nations. I dislike military intervention in general, but where people who pose no threat to others are slaughtered, other nations need to intervene.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Culture difference bullshit.

Who were they to say that girl couldn't live her life the way she wanted to? Who were they to kill her because she didn't live up to their ludicrous standards of female behaviour?

This kind of thing cannot be tolerated in any modern society.

>Do you not intervene because of their culture?

You intervene because they are, in fact, in the US, and subject to our laws.

Counterexample. You are in the UK, and a young boy is being beaten by his teacher. Do you intervene?