Windwalker

Seal Clubbing

I'm getting tired of the lefty tree huggers who seem to have a problem with Seal Clubbing. There's nothing really wrong with it. Even the video posted on you tube mentions the so called "disturbing world of Seal Clubbing". If you watch the video with an objective eye, you will see that there is nothing at all disturbing about Seal Clubbing. Call me sick, but I think that Seal Clubbing is actually kind of funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a6pZE4-_ko

-------------------------------------------------------
Windwalker
Whatever doesn't kill me, just makes me cry.

Although it can be a bit disturbing at first, repeated viewings does make it easier to watch. After you get past the initial shock of the Seal Clubbing footage, and start to consider the socioeconomic ramifications of banning it, you really have to wonder why people are so opposed to it.

Windwalker

start to consider the socioeconomic ramifications of banning it, you really have to wonder why people are so opposed to it.

You're kidding right?

Economics. *Note this data report was done in 2001 and the so-called socioeconomic benefits have only decreased since.

Really brief article if you're lazy.

If ignorance is bliss, do not click here.

I support the humane control of over-populated fish & wildlife. This is simply not the case here. Quite the opposite, in fact.[:/]
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

start to consider the socioeconomic ramifications of banning it, you really have to wonder why people are so opposed to it.

You're kidding right?

Economics. *Note this data report was done in 2001 and the so-called socioeconomic benefits have only decreased since.

I support the humane control of over-populated fish & wildlife. This is simply not the case here. Quite the opposite, in fact.[:/]

I think you're taking this thread a bit too seriously. :)

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

You're kidding right?

You didn't look at the video! You should look at the video before you ask me if I'm kidding. >:(

At first you see the cute little seal walking along. Then the clubbing starts. That's when it becomes really entertaining.:D

Windwalker

I'm ignorant and lazy. Got something for me to read?

Windwalker

Instead of clubbing seals, can we settle on coffee-shop-attending seals?

That's probably where you'll find all the seals that have successfully completed treatment and are now dry.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Even the WWF does not oppose the seal hunt.

http://www.panda.org/faq/response.cfm?hdnQuestionId=11320030954082

Now why would the World Wrestling Federation have anything to say about it?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley