PilotLevi

I'm sorry

but i think this is alittle fucked up

NEW ORLEANS - Five fifth-grade students face criminal charges after authorities said four of them had sex in front of other students in an unsupervised classroom and kept a classmate posted as a lookout for teachers.

The students were arrested Tuesday at the Spearsville school in rural north Louisiana, authorities said. Two 11-year-old girls, a 12-year-old boy and a 13-year old boy were charged with obscenity, a felony. An 11-year-old boy, the alleged guard, was charged with being an accessory.

"After 44 years of doing this work, nothing shocks me anymore," said Union Parish Sheriff Bob Buckley. "But this comes pretty close."

Authorities said the incident happened March 27 at the school, which houses students from kindergarten through 12th grade. A high school teacher normally watches the fifth-grade class at the time, but went to an assembly for older students and the class was inadvertently left unattended, Buckley said.

The class, which had around 10 other students, was alone for about 15 minutes, he said.

"When no teacher showed up, the four began to have sex in the classroom with the other elementary students in the classroom with them," he said.

It took a day for authorities to find out about the incident. A student who had been in the class told a high school student about it the next day, Buckley said. The student told a teacher, and school officials notified the sheriff's office. Detectives began questioning students Thursday.

School officials did not return calls seeking comment.

The students, who were not identified because of their age, were released to their parents after their arrests, Buckley said. They will next be arraigned in juvenile court. A message seeking comment from the district attorney was not immediately returned.

Buckley said it was unclear what the children could face in penalties.

wow that is really sick- my parents are both elementary teachers and i do not think that they have ever seen anything like this! why would you leave a group of 5th graders alone for 15 minutes or any grade level for that matter? also, how do fifth graders know how that kind of stuff happens? that is really sick.
Shannon

The kids are going to jail? What about the teachers who are supposed to watch them???? Isn't that why there are 'supervisors' in classrooms--to supervise?

We used to play 'Spin the Bottle' '7 Minutes in Heaven' and just don't go in a coat closet with a boy while the teacher was at her desk--kids are curious--thats why we watch them.

I think this whole thing is sad.~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

It's shits like these that you only find in Louisiana, land of the coon ass cajuns... Makes Alabamians say "thank God for Louisiana!

:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The kids are going to jail? What about the teachers who are supposed to watch them???? Isn't that why there are 'supervisors' in classrooms--to supervise?

We used to play 'Spin the Bottle' '7 Minutes in Heaven' and just don't go in a coat closet with a boy while the teacher was at her desk--kids are curious--thats why we watch them.

I think this whole thing is sad.~~April

Oh come on. Please don't blame the actions of these kids on the teachers!
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Kids are wonderful little sponges. At this age, they have a lot of reasoning power, but the material they have to reason with is very limited.

They totally need adult supervision. it's at this age that they get together and make pipe bombs, play with fireworks, take cars, and lots of other things.

The kids did it. The teachers' job is to supervise and help make sure that unacceptable stuff doesn't happen.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hey I know, How about the PARENTS!! The kids should be punished after all a lot of unsupervised kids at that age never did what they did. The teachers should also be held accountable. Now the parents who ultimatly can tell their child what to do should be the most responsible.

The kids should be punished after all a lot of unsupervised kids at that age never did what they did.

Punished, yes. But criminal charges? How can you charge someone who, in legal terms, is too young to know what they are doing?

It confuses me.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The kids should be punished after all a lot of unsupervised kids at that age never did what they did.

Punished, yes. But criminal charges? How can you charge someone who, in legal terms, is too young to know what they are doing?

It confuses me.

Below a certain age, usually around age 7 in most states, kids almost never get brought into court for committing crimes, as they're deemed too young to be able to have criminal intent. Between roughly age 8 to 10 or so, and the 18th birthday, they are charged in juvenile delinquency court, which in most states is technically a "civil" proceeding (even though it's really not). Juvenile delinquency proceedings are technically not criminal, even though in reality there's little difference. The nomenclature is different, and in most states the severest sentence the kid can get is reform school until age 21. Technically, juvenile delinquent records are sealed.

All the above does not apply if the kid is "tried as an adult", which can only be done with court approval. Technically reserved for particularly brutal crimes and/or repeat felons in roughly the 15-17 age range. Anyhow, if the kid is charged, tried and convicted as an adult, he is given a full-blown adult sentence.