azdiver

jumping after surgery

i recently had my appendix taken out , asked doc about jumping, he said give it a few weeks, anyone else had surgery, how long were you off, should i give it extra time
light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

Had hernia surgery in May and made my first tandem in August, but his does not mean much because I started skydiving three months after my surgery. Doctor said, three weeks after my surgery, I could go back and start laying brick again. I have talked with others who have had hernia surgery, and my finding are that some doctors are more cautious then others and want more time to heal before returning full activity.

Just fallow what your doctor tells you to do, in terms of taking it easy after surgery. That way when he or she gives you the green light that means they are and so should you be confident that there shouldn’t be a complications.
Memento Mori

i recently had my appendix taken out , asked doc about jumping, he said give it a few weeks, anyone else had surgery, how long were you off, should i give it extra time

I had my gall bladder removed a few years ago, it was funny after about 2 weeks I thought I was doing great and would be back in the air within days. Then I did the worst thing that I could have done. I sneezed. The resulting pain and discomfort made me realize that I was not ready to jump. I waited a month from surgery to my first jump and had no problems at all.

-OK
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

Wait until your doctor says it is okay to resume sports.
Wait until you can sneeze without pain.
Wait until you can do sit ups without pain.
Wait until you can run up and down stairs without pain.
Wait until you can play tennis, volleyball, basket ball, etc. without pain.

I had abdominal surgery in January. I waited a month longer than the doctor said to, so I was out for 12 weeks. I wanted to be able to do any and all other physical activities that I did before the surgery, like crunchies, cycling, hiking. It just seemed illogical to push the limits, when an early return could mean more months out and increased scar tissue, pain, medication and all that.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein