Zipp0

Capture a Rapist, get extradited to Mexico

He broke MEXICAN law, which is a joke to begin with. He must have been too stupid to pay off the cops.

You know about Mexican laws?

And I will probably never go to Mexico

Or have you never been?

Mexicans have no problem breaking our laws, BTW.

So should they be punished? Or should people only be held to laws they agree with?

Mexicans have no problem breaking our laws, BTW.

So should they be punished? Or should people only be held to laws they agree with?

From "The Duty of Civil Disobedience":

If the injustice is part of the necessary friction of the machine of government, let it go, let it go: perchance it will wear smooth — certainly the machine will wear out. If the injustice has a spring, or a pulley, or a rope, or a crank, exclusively for itself, then perhaps you may consider whether the remedy will not be worse than the evil; but if it is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then I say, break the law. Let your life be a counter-friction to stop the machine. What I have to do is to see, at any rate, that I do not lend myself to the wrong which I condemn.

The authority of government, even such as I am willing to submit to — for I will cheerfully obey those who know and can do better than I, and in many things even those who neither know nor can do so well — is still an impure one: to be strictly just, it must have the sanction and consent of the governed. It can have no pure right over my person and property but what I concede to it. The progress from an absolute to a limited monarchy, from a limited monarchy to a democracy, is a progress toward a true respect for the individual. Even the Chinese philosopher was wise enough to regard the individual as the basis of the empire. Is a democracy, such as we know it, the last improvement possible in government? Is it not possible to take a step further towards recognizing and organizing the rights of man? There will never be a really free and enlightened State until the State comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived, and treats him accordingly. I please myself with imagining a State at last which can afford to be just to all men, and to treat the individual with respect as a neighbor; which even would not think it inconsistent with its own repose if a few were to live aloof from it, not meddling with it, nor embraced by it, who fulfilled all the duties of neighbors and fellow men. A State which bore this kind of fruit, and suffered it to drop off as fast as it ripened, would prepare the way for a still more perfect and glorious State, which I have also imagined, but not yet anywhere seen.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Per the article, the TV show came about as a result of this high profile capture. None of his performance was done for the benefit of cameras.

Not quite...Duane Chapman has been trying to make it as an entertainer for most of his adult life. You don't hear much about it, but the guy has pitched a show on what he does to several networks, and eventually ended paying a small production company to shoot and produce a pitch piece for him.
Can't take any credit away from the guy, he's done well, and he's a monster success with viewers.
However, he's *always* playing to a camera. Doesn't matter where or how, he's always playing to the camera. Most folks are smart enough to see that, I think.
Rough deal that he's being extradited, however.

"Dog" DID JUMP BAIL, and he has been evading capture by Mexico ever since he fled the country. The fact that He's an American is irrelevant, his crime was committed in Mexico. I invite you to argue that Mexicans shoud be free to jump bail in the USA with no chance of extradition or re-capture. You don't have a leg to stand on.

I think it's a tragedy for him, and if it was up to me I'd block it as a special case, but he broke Mexican law and jumped bail.

I really have to wonder why he did this. Why didn't he take care of this at the time?

I saw a show about this on A&E. He and his son and brother got arrested, posted bail, came back to the U.S., and pretended like nothing happened. The one guy even said it always was on the back of his mind. The other thought the statute of limitations ran out.

What the hell? What would make think they could jump bail and Mexico would just forget about it? They're heroes for capturing the rapist but that was just stupid.

--Head
--
Turn off the internet! Join Citizens United Negating Technology For Life And People's Safety!

http://www.citizensunitednegatingtechnology.org/

"Dog" DID JUMP BAIL, and he has been evading capture by Mexico ever since he fled the country. The fact that He's an American is irrelevant, his crime was committed in Mexico. I invite you to argue that Mexicans shoud be free to jump bail in the USA with no chance of extradition or re-capture. You don't have a leg to stand on.

I think it's a tragedy for him, and if it was up to me I'd block it as a special case, but he broke Mexican law and jumped bail.

I really have to wonder why he did this. Why didn't he take care of this at the time?

I saw a show about this on A&E. He and his son and brother got arrested, posted bail, came back to the U.S., and pretended like nothing happened. The one guy even said it always was on the back of his mind. The other thought the statute of limitations ran out.

What the hell? What would make think they could jump bail and Mexico would just forget about it? They're heroes for capturing the rapist but that was just stupid.

4 years in jail is why he did it. He obviiously thought he might not be returned to Mexico.

Dog may soon be able to add one Mexican kidnapping felony to his 18 robbery and one accessory to murder convictions in the USA.