akarunway

USA days as THE superpower are numbered. There IS strength in numbers

By and large, people want to be left alone, whether the outside imperial influence is the US, China, or (for other posters in this thread) Hitler.

I think that people that are content with life want to be left alone and people who are are being oppressed and lack the means to do anything about it don't.

PS: Can you imagine if we stopped giving food, medicine, etc... in Africa?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

PS: Can you imagine if we stopped giving food, medicine, etc... in Africa?

Can you imagine if the West traded with the Africans for a fair and competitive rate for their goods!:o

And sold them the drugs and medicines they need for a fair and competitive rate!!:o:o

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

3. Had Germany won, our present day conflicts with the middle east would be very different because Nazi Germany's lack of acceptance of people with colored skin, jews, etc. They would have most likely conquered it years ago and killed off the people.

Have you bothered to study the alliance between Germany and Iraq during WWII?

3. Had Germany won, our present day conflicts with the middle east would be very different because Nazi Germany's lack of acceptance of people with colored skin, jews, etc. They would have most likely conquered it years ago and killed off the people.

Germany's alliance was to itself. Their attack on Russia proves that.
Swoop and Poop....my favorite things to photograph

>I think that people that are content with life want to be left alone and
> people who are are being oppressed and lack the means to do
> anything about it don't.

People who are being oppressed are NOT being left alone. That's my point. Replacing one oppressor with another is not progress. Getting rid of both - now, that's progress.

>PS: Can you imagine if we stopped giving food, medicine, etc... in Africa?

Lots of people would die. Voluntarily giving someone food and clothing is a bit different than bombing the shit out of a country to "liberate" it, though.

Can you imagine if the West traded with the Africans for a fair and competitive rate for their goods!:o

And sold them the drugs and medicines they need for a fair and competitive rate!!:o:o

I was referring to the food, medicine, etc... that we donate.

Buggs303, dear, you know this is more than 60 years ago, you know the world kept turning and keeps turning, yes?

Come back to reality and let's discuss about actual things, such like "Thx God, it's Bush's last turn", and yes: "Obama is half black" - and perhaps: "Yes, our Chancellor Mrs. Merkel loves Bush jun. and allows him to touch her..." and yes, perhaps THE superpowers' days are counted??

And much more: Anna Nicole S., why did she have to die?!?!?

As long, as those important news are on top, the US will be on top with its strength, don't you worry :)

:)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Germany's alliance was to itself. Their attack on Russia proves that.

Study the alliance between Germany and Iraq and what Iraq was suppose to receive if the Axis Powers won the war.

Doh! Really?

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

WW 2 would have been lost without the US. So don't try to feed me the bull. If the US didn't get involved we would all most likely be living in a very different world run by Nazi Germany.

I love that line...even better is when people actually believe it too.

I know you hate American and like trolling about it, but there's no doubt that Germany's empire would have lasted much much longer without the aid provided to England as it was the last holdout in the west, and the Soviets wouldn't have held up to a one front Nazi war machine. The Russians were begging for D Day as soon as possible, and it certainly seems that FDR stalled on that one.

In the bigger picture, sure, the empire would have likely have fallen to resistance elements. That was too much land to cover and the chain of command to Hitler had a bad tendency to gross over any bad news.

OTOH, if Hitler lasted long enough to get his bomb, coupled with his vastly superior rocket technology, then no, he'd still be running the show now. The Soviets and the Americans leaned very heavily on Nazi rocket scientists to get their space and ICBM programs going. In this new version, the US doesn't get any of them. The Soviets might eventually. So you have a choice - Commie overlords or Nazi ones.

----
This whole thread is really whiney.

Of course the US won't remain the sole superpower. China can challenge if it figures out how to provide the energy needs. The EU will become a player. This Russia-China-India group might, but I doubt it. The interests seem too disparate.

But just as nation states formed over the past few centuries, I'd expect nations to group up in the new globalized world where physical distances are almost insignificant.

Lots of people would die. Voluntarily giving someone food and clothing is a bit different than bombing the shit out of a country to "liberate" it, though.

My point was that we do offer assistance (w/out bombing) but people tend not to focus on this assistance.

Doh! Really?

Yes, really. (Trade and sold are not the same as donate.)

>My point was that we do offer assistance (w/out bombing) but people
>tend not to focus on this assistance.

Right, that's the nature of the business. If you help out a church food drive, you'll get kudos for that. But if you help out a church food drive and then get drunk and kill someone with your car, guess which one is going to get the attention?

We do a lot of good for people throughout the world, but one dead son easily swamps out 100 donated meals for your family.

Study the alliance between Germany and Iraq and what war Iraq was suppose to receive if the Axis Powers won the

*Gulp*
Are you referring to the (..*harrumph*..) "Evil Axis"...?? As per your definition, do we NOW belong to that axis? :o...? (Am I supposed to go and hang myself right now?) - or do I just misinterpret you? I'm an alien, ya know.

BTW:
What was Iraq supposed to receive if .....??? :| Pls enlighten me.

dudeist skydiver # 3105

>My point was that we do offer assistance (w/out bombing) but people
>tend not to focus on this assistance.

Right, that's the nature of the business. If you help out a church food drive, you'll get kudos for that. But if you help out a church food drive and then get drunk and kill someone with your car, guess which one is going to get the attention?

We do a lot of good for people throughout the world, but one dead son easily swamps out 100 donated meals for your family.

What if that food was never donated, and 5 people were to suffer and die of starvation?
Swoop and Poop....my favorite things to photograph

Doh! Really?

Why is there a necessity to donate?

Study the alliance between Germany and Iraq and what war Iraq was suppose to receive if the Axis Powers won the

*Gulp*
Are you referring to the (..*harrumph*..) "Evil Axis"...?? As per your definition, do we NOW belong to that axis? :o...? (Am I supposed to go and hang myself right now?) - or do I just misinterpret you? I'm an alien, ya know.

BTW:
What was Iraq supposed to receive if .....??? :| Pls enlighten me.

No, I am not referring to the Evil Axis. I am referring to the Axis Powers who fought against the Allied Powers in World War II.

Doh! Really?

Cuz they ain't got nothing to trade with, that would amount to more than a few pennies, when compared to the dollars of stuff we give them .

Africa lacks resources to support life?

Jesus!

Africa lacks the fair prices demanded of it's trade!

All the minerals they export? Bought for peanuts. Absolute peanuts.

Because of us - because of the West. Because of our control of the prices.

I'm not saying it's ALL our fault. But a very significant large element of fault lies with us.

Fuck the donations - they're a drop in the ocean.

Fair trade is the key - then the donations will no longer be necessary.

p.s. how come people live quite happily in desert regions such as Saudi Arabia? Or the UAE?

p.p.s. If the West can buy African trade for ridiculously low prices, why not sell our drugs and medicines for similiar prices?

Doh! Really?

Cuz they ain't got nothing to trade with, that would amount to more than a few pennies, when compared to the dollars of stuff we give them .

Africa has nothing to trade? The most stupid comment I've heard yet.