steve1

Can Obama beat Hillary?

I listened to Obama speak a few days ago, and I'll tell you it was listening to a breath of fresh air. I know that many politicians are good at "Talking the talk", and then not following through, but I like most of what this guy has to say.

I'm just wondering if he can get the the parties nomination over Hillary. What do you think?....Steve1

Obama doesn't stand a chance, Hillary is an experienced killer.

I dont know if Killer is the right word but Hillary certainly has all the political weapons.

Lots of Cash
Pre-existing Fame
Much of the Female Vote
Nearly all of the Democratic Vote
Failures of the Republicans
+ Bill Clinton
----------------------------------
:)
Really its just basic arithmetic.

I dont see Obama taking the Democratic Presidency over a juggernaut like Hillary but he will certainly be a great breath of fresh air to the seemingly polluted Political atmosphere as of late. Maybe he can be Vice Prez.
2 BITS....4 BITS....6 BITS....A DOLLAR!....ALL FOR THE GATORS....STAND UP AND HOLLER!!!!

I'm just wondering if he can get the the parties nomination over Hillary. What do you think?....Steve1

REALLY DOUBT IT !! HRC has this one!
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

I listened to Obama speak a few days ago, and I'll tell you it was listening to a breath of fresh air. I know that many politicians are good at "Talking the talk", and then not following through, but I like most of what this guy has to say.

Hang it up Steve.... The Liberals eat their own young!!! We've made jokes about it for years.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

I believe he can, and most people around here are Obama supporters, not Clinton. I believe there will be a backlash to the Bush/Clinton combination being in charge of this country for so long.

He might be able to win the nomination, but that only means defeat in the general election.

Sad, but true.

He'd make a nice V.P. right now though.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I'd like to see him get the nod from the Dems, though I consider it unlikely.
I think his only chance is if the Dems feel Hillary is unelectable come convention time. I'm not sure what the polls say at this time, but I would guess the only person who has a higher percentage of likely voters who wouldn't vote for her is Bush himself.

I'd like to see him get the nod from the Dems, though I consider it unlikely.
I think his only chance is if the Dems feel Hillary is unelectable come convention time. I'm not sure what the polls say at this time, but I would guess the only person who has a higher percentage of likely voters who wouldn't vote for her is Bush himself.

Hillary is unelectable right now. If she gets the nomination, she loses the general.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

> I don't think either of them are strong enough to beat a moderate conservative.

Ordinarily I would agree, but by 2008 I think the Iraq war will be going so badly that people would elect Jon Stewart if he promised to end the war - no matter what party he was. So it will come down to whether any republicans have the guts to buck the party line on the war.

It's still a whole year to the Iowa caucuses and just look at how many candidates are comeing out of the woodwork in both parties.

Maybe it's because Bush can't run again and Cheney's already made it clear he won't be running. But I've NEVER seen so many candidates this early. I think it's because everyone - in both parties - realizes we're in deep shit and had better start early, taking a good look at who gets the job next because we can't suffer another fool like the one we've got now.

So can Obama beat Hillary ? Sure he can. Kennedy pushed Humphrey and LBJ aside in 1960 and Johnson was the fucking Godfather of the Senate. yeah, he can beat her, but will he ? Who knows ? It's going to be an interesting year.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Hang it up Steve.... The Liberals eat their own young!!! We've made jokes about it for years.

The thing is, that I'm not a liberal. At least I've never thought of myself as being one. I'm more of a conservative who's fed up with our present leadership.....Steve1