Causabon

iraqi jumps with US flag

I don't understand why the mods allowed it as the information given clearly identified you.

Believe it or not, the mods probably DON'T know all 30k+ members and what dz they're from...

I guess you're right. It would probably be damn near impossible to pick him out of all the other skydivers at Skydive Utah. :S
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

I don't understand why the mods allowed it as the information given clearly identified you.

Believe it or not, the mods probably DON'T know all 30k+ members and what dz they're from...

I guess you're right. It would probably be damn near impossible to pick him out of all the other skydivers at Skydive Utah. :S

And... how many of the mods are from Skydive Utah?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And... how many of the mods are from Skydive Utah?

And...how many chucks could a woodchuck, chuck?

Or...how many of the 85%-ers just enjoy making life more unpleasant for them dam furriners?

Makes me wonder if you simply cannot see the malice ...or just don't want to.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

Everyone did a fine job of putting the asshole in his place - I was refuting your assumption that the mods knew exactly who the guy was talking about.

She said the information given easily identified the skydiver. To me that doesn't mean the mods know who it was, it means anyone who knows the guy will know who is being talked about (and attacked).
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Everyone did a fine job of putting the asshole in his place - I was refuting your assumption that the mods knew exactly who the guy was talking about.

She said the information given easily identified the skydiver. To me that doesn't mean the mods know who it was, it means anyone who knows the guy will know who is being talked about (and attacked).

I don't know him but I'd jump with him any time. Fortunately MOST people in the US are not as bigoted as the impression you may have got from this thread.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

This is just FUCKED UP.
Since there were only 7 people on the load and 11 on the DZ yesterday, you've revealed who you are. I jumped the camera slot with him, what does that make me? He's a damn good guy, and if you'd take the time to get to know him and know his story, you'd *hopefully* have a different or at least real-world view.
BTW, one didn't "join" Saddam's army. It's called "conscription."
I'd wager the guy has undergone more challenges to get to America and become American than any American could endure.

I guess it just goes to show that you don't know someone until you really get to know them. Kinda like how you haven't come to know our Iraqi skydiver, teacher, and friend. I hope you'll apologize to him, because he's an awesome person who'd give you the shirt off his back. He has no choice as to where he comes from, but has a choice (just like you) about what kind of person he is. I think he's made the right choice. Have you?

[edited to add] "I heard him say that so many kids die in Iraq because America has taken over the country."

I call bullshit on that. I've shared many a meal with this guy and his wife, and had very intense political discussions with him. Further, the story about the cut-off hand originated with someone who has a beef to pick with him at another dropzone.
C'mon...be realistic. Hell, you jumped with me on the prior load. We had fun. Who do you think taught me a lot of what I know? Yeah...the Iraqi.
The OP is a personal attack, and one on someone who doesn't frequent this forum. I'd vote the mods either delete it, or ban the OP from posting.

I would vote that the mods do nothing unless the OP is unwilling to go to said Iraqi skydiver and apologize like a man, and maybe even get to know him.

I guess that's a better view, assuming he'll understand why folks aren't willing to accept racism as a reason to attack DesertDevil.
The thing that kept me awake for much of last night is that I know both people. I know DesertDevil very well; he was one of my AFF instructors. The OP I don't know so well, but I believe he's a pretty good guy. His post came so far out of left field...

The OP is "somebody told me," "somebody told me.."
Just do the right thing. If what "somebody" told you bothers you, then ask. If you don't have the courage to ask him directly, then ask the DZO or folks at manifest or the folks that work there or the regular jumpers there. While I know that DesertDevil doesn't "carry guns everywhere he goes" I'm surprised that anything to do with "guns" would bother you.;)