NCclimber

Pelosi - "I want my jet!"

The Bush administration has agreed to provide House Speaker Nancy Pelosi with regular access to an Air Force passenger jet, but the two sides are negotiating whether she will get the big aircraft she wants and who she may take as passengers, according to congressional and administration sources...

Republican Conference Chairman Adam Putnam of Florida said Mrs. Pelosi's request represents "an arrogance of office that just defies common sense" and called it "a major deviation from the previous speaker."
Minority Whip Roy Blunt of Missouri called it a "flying Lincoln Bedroom," and Rep. Patrick T. McHenry, North Carolina Republican, labeled the speaker's plane "Pelosi One."...

Mrs. Pelosi's staff was pressing the administration for access to Air Force aircraft. Sources said the request went beyond what was offered to former House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert, Illinois Republican.
Mr. Hastert used an Air Force commuter-type jet to travel to and from his district. Mr. Hastert gained the access for security reasons after the September 11, 2001, attacks. Previously, the House speaker, who is second in the line of succession to the presidency, used commercial flights for such trips.
Mrs. Pelosi wants a larger aircraft that can fly to her home district of San Francisco nonstop. She also wants to be able to ferry other members of the congressional delegation, family members and her staff...

" Congress looks at that Andrews fleet as their Hertz rent-a-car."

The congressional source said the speaker's office requested an Air Force plane to take her to a weekend Democratic retreat in Williamsburg, but the Pentagon declined.
The source said Mr. Hastert on one occasion used an Air Force plane for such an event. The Air Force later determined it was a mistake, and such flights were not repeated.
The source said the Pentagon will likely give in to Mrs. Pelosi's requests for a large plane and travel entourage, given her and Mr. Murtha's power over defense spending.
Mr. Raimo argues that Mrs. Pelosi needs a military aircraft, as opposed to commercial flights, for security reasons.
The defense source, who asked not to be named, termed her request "carte blanche," saying she wanted a plane that could carry an entourage just like President Bush, who flies on Air Force One, and Vice President Dick Cheney, who also always flies on military planes.

She is a self important elitist CUNT.

Nothing more needs to be said.

And out come the gratuitously misogynist insults... be prepared for a LOT more of those in the next 2 years.

"shrub", "bushitler", "chimpy"... the name calling sure isn't exclusive to one side...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And out come the gratuitously misogynist insults... be prepared for a LOT more of those in the next 2 years.

"shrub", "bushitler", "chimpy"... the name calling sure isn't exclusive to one side...

Or gender.

Maybe I'm the only one, but making up an insulting nickname for an individual seems different than using a generally racist or misogynist insult.

Calling the popular upstart presidential candidate "Barack Osama" is quite different from calling him a nigger. Or maybe that's just how I see it.

Of course I think they're both infantile, but one's hostile to an individual (who might deserve it) while the other is hostile to a large group who probably doesn't.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Calling the popular upstart presidential candidate "Barack Osama" is quite different from calling him a nigger.

Did someone here direct a racial slur at Obama?

Getting back the Pelosi insult, how is that word any worse than asshole, prick, dickhead or any number of slurs that are almost exclusively directed at men?

Calling the popular upstart presidential candidate "Barack Osama" is quite different from calling him a nigger.

Did someone here direct a racial slur at Obama?

Getting back the Pelosi insult, how is that word any worse than asshole, prick, dickhead or any number of slurs that are almost exclusively directed at men?

It's worse because it is being used by those evil White Male Heterosexual Republican Religious people....:S
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

I hope that’s the worst we will get from her and the democrat congress. I’ll take she wants a big jet over she wants an unjustified war, or sexual conduct with a minor, or etc any day.

As for the cunt word. Who cares? I use cunt all the time for men and woman. If it’s ok to insult one person then it would be unethical to have some weird standards for only a cretin group.
(yes that includes muslims)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

So, given that the USAF gave GOP speaker Hastert a jet to fly non-stop to his district, why is it unreasonable to give Pelosi similar consideration? Is your objection because she's a woman, or because she's a Democrat?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Oh yeah.... Well, Ann Coulter is a cum guzzling, coke snorting, neo-con airhead cock gobbler.

So there.:P

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

So, given that the USAF gave GOP speaker Hastert a jet to fly non-stop to his district, why is it unreasonable to give Pelosi similar consideration? Is your objection because she's a woman, or because she's a Democrat?

Or is it because she NEEDS a big jet instead of a commuter jet, which Hastert used? Is it because she seems to think she NEEDS to ferry her entourage and family everywhere? Is it because she holds sway on the armed forces committee and the AF is afraid to say no lest she cut some of their funding? Is it because she made a big stink about ethics and now realizes that without a BIG JET funded by her lobbyists... she needs an AF BIG JET to move her oh-so-important people around?
Oh, hello again!

Because she's wanting something similar to a 747 rather than a g20, most likely...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

...If it’s ok to insult one person then it would be unethical to have some weird standards for only a cretin group.
(yes that includes muslims)

What about housecats?

Thats just wrong man, that was low. Why you fucking with the cats man? You should be banned.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Is your objection because she's a woman, or because she's a Democrat?

It's because they don't want to talk about actual news, like people carrying $9 billion of taxpayer money and saying "huh....gee, I wonder where all that went. Oh well, gimmee that medal of freedom and I'll be on my way".

So, given that the USAF gave GOP speaker Hastert a jet to fly non-stop to his district, why is it unreasonable to give Pelosi similar consideration?

Speaker Dennis Hastert of Illinois used a small aircraft with 12 seats and five crew members.

Pelosi is demanding the Pentagon provide her with a fancy jet that includes 42 business class seats, a fully-enclosed state room, an entertainment center, a private bed, a state-of-the-art communications system and a crew of 16.

Similar consideration?

Is your objection because she's a woman, or because she's a Democrat?

Do you still beat your wife?

you act as if those two highlighted items are bad things?

WTF is wrong with you today?

Well, considering the rumored Coulter gangbang crew consists of Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich, Hannity, Tom Delay, and "Big" Dick Cheney, it IS a bad thing.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

Or is it because she NEEDS a big jet instead of a commuter jet, which Hastert used? Is it because she seems to think she NEEDS to ferry her entourage and family everywhere? Is it because she holds sway on the armed forces committee and the AF is afraid to say no lest she cut some of their funding? Is it because she made a big stink about ethics and now realizes that without a BIG JET funded by her lobbyists... she needs an AF BIG JET to move her oh-so-important people around?

You should look in the USAF inventory to see what is available with the necessary range before making that assumption.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

you act as if those two highlighted items are bad things?

WTF is wrong with you today?

Well, considering the rumored Coulter gangbang crew consists of Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich, Hannity, Tom Delay, and "Big" Dick Cheney, it IS a bad thing.

Oh damn. With that image in my mind......I feel.......dirty. That's a whole room full of people giving "the ugly face" that I could have gone without thinking about.:D

You should look in the USAF inventory to see what is available with the necessary range before making that assumption.

Or just read what is being reported. :P