nigel99

Video of friendly fire

You're a slippery one.

Still waiting on a link showing how Colin Powell covered up the My Lai massacre.

Failed to cover it up would be more accurate. The Pentagon's attempt failed. I never claimed it succeeded, that's you trying to muddy the waters.

And still you've repeatedly dodged my requests to provide evidence that Colin Powell tried to cover up the massacre. SSDD

Still waiting or your PROOF that Pelosi said "I want my jet"

It was sarcastic hyperbole, based on what was being incorrectly claimed by some GOP knotheads. Sorry you missed that.

Narcimund provided 10 pages full of links. Get over yourself.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You're a slippery one.

Still waiting on a link showing how Colin Powell covered up the My Lai massacre.

Failed to cover it up would be more accurate. The Pentagon's attempt failed. I never claimed it succeeded, that's you trying to muddy the waters.

And still you've repeatedly dodged my requests to provide evidence that Colin Powell tried to cover up the massacre. SSDD

It was sarcastic hyperbole, based on what was being incorrectly claimed by some GOP knotheads. Sorry you missed that.

One credible link. Just one.

Here's a quote of your's from earlier today.

It's as I thought, you don't have a legitimate source. You just made it up

Ironic, don't you think?

You're a slippery one.

Define "credible". You can do what rushmc does, and dispute anything you don't like regardless of the source.

As I asked before, what exactly do you dispute? That the Pentagon brass tried (and failed) to cover up My Lai, or that Powell was involved, or both?

Or are you just wasting time here with keyboard masturbation?

You're a slippery one.

Define "credible". You can do what rushmc does, and dispute anything you don't like regardless of the source.

As I asked before, what exactly do you dispute? That the Pentagon brass tried (and failed) to cover up My Lai, or that Powell was involved, or both?

Or are you just wasting time here with keyboard masturbation?

And still you've repeatedly dodged my requests to provide evidence that Colin Powell tried to cover up the massacre.

I've been asking the same question all along. Now you're getting hung up on the word "credible". Sheesh. What a load of crap. So far, you've dodge the question and produced a google search results for all sites/pages that contain Colin Powell My & Lai. BFD.

How about producing a story from a mainstream source. :P

Did that yesterday for JohnRich in the gun sting thread. He simply disputed "mainstream".

Lots of links to choose from - you choose one.

Did that yesterday for JohnRich in the gun sting thread. He simply disputed "mainstream".

Lots of links to choose from - you choose one.

Another low brow dodge by Kallend. We really should keep a running weekly count on the number claims you make, but (when asked for proof) deftly avoid confirming.

It is impressive how you regularly make bullshit claims and dodge direct requests for a source.

I'm not sure what it says about your character???

POPOV36 saw orange panels and said so, he later attacked, he should not have done that, this much is absolutely clear.

A little lesson in how things work in combat for everyone here who have never been yet seem to think they are subject matter experts on it.

Orange panels on the top of a vehicle mean diddly fuck. when a unit goes somewhere they are responsible for telling the powers that be there route and keeping those in control of all friendly assets aware of their current location. Iraqis get their hands on VS-17 panels all the time, Iraqis get their hands on US military unifomrs on a fairly regular basis, and ocassionaly Iraqis get their hands on friendly vehicles. These have been used countless times to get close to us and attack us.

When you have CAS in the area you immedeatly call the C2 element and identify your location to them, they will either relay it to the birds circling overhead or give you the birds freq. and let you call them yourself, it is up to you to ensure you don't get yourself killed. The pilots got confirmation that there were no friendlies in the area, so basically they were told that anything below them is fair game, orange panels or not. So if the British soldiers didn't let people know how far north they were than it was either because they were lost or hadn't done their jobs.

And as for everyone acting like the US just goes around slaying whatever they see, if you had the slightest idea how difficult it is to control 1000's of moving pieces in the middle of a conflict, when everytime someone takes fire and tries to call troops in contact their message gets interrupted by another unit making the same call, and people on the ground in the shit have seconds to tell dozens of seperate manuever element where to go as well as control all the fires to make sure they don't fire on each other, it's insane. It can sometimes be hard to control a squad size element of 9 guys in the a firefight.

Although I doubt this post will have much affect on all the people arguing about how US forces roll because you all obviously know more than those of us in this thread who have actually been to combat but I figured I'd take a shot in the dark anyways>:(

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

The pilots got confirmation that there were no friendlies in the area, so basically they were told that anything below them is fair game, orange panels or not.

The pilots were asking confirmation for the wrong area. The FAC could have known to the millimetre where the brit convoy was and it wouldn't have meant 'diddly-fuck' because the FAC was asked about a different area to where the pilots actually attacked (without clearance).
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The news report on BBC radio at lunch time was IMMEDIATELY followed by a report that the US "accidentaly" killed some Afgan policemen.

In the report is was also stated

1st Gulf war - some 9 out of 24 UK deaths were caused by the US
In the 1st Gulf war 25% of all US deaths were caused by the US!

I don't care how many wars I have or haven't been in the figures point to the fact that the US military appears to have a severe problem in this area. I am tempted to say that they have a disproportionate rate compared to everyone else in percentage terms but while I feel that this is the case, I can't back it up as a "fact".

Perhaps instead of being defensive the US should start to look at what they do wrong?
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

We certainly know more about this incident than you seem to.

Your post contains several incorrect assumptions that even the shallowest understanding of the incident would have prevented.
An appeal to your own authority is a logical fallacy not an argument as highlighted by your bias induced errors.

Look back at my post, the majority of it is talking about combat in general, there are little to no references about this particular incident apart from this one

So if the British soldiers didn't let people know how far north they were than it was either because they were lost or hadn't done their jobs.

I tried to avoid speaking directly about this particular incident because I haven't had a chance to watch the video and don't know the details involved with the incident, I am at the office at the moment right now and can't access websites like that on a government computer. I was arguing all the people going in and slamming the US military with arguments about how the US has a disproportionate amount of friendly casulaties. When you look at the size and scope of US operations in comparison to ones other countries pursue the number of soldiers involved in our operations is typically far greater than those of other countries. So like my first post mentioned when you have that many working pieces keeping track of all of them is an insanely difficult task, C2 mistakes happen unfortunately, and just because friendlies were killed it doesn't always mean that it had anything to do with some gung-ho US attitude of wanting to kill everything.

And as for someone speaking of the lack of quality of US soldiers based on their take of recent US conflicts, every one of those conflicts was tied down by politicians, they are the reason we have such a hard time doing our jobs, they make us look bad. You wouldn't believe the BS I hear everytime I prepare to deploy and get an ROE brief. Basically politicians have completely taken away my ability to kill a man in defense of another American, BS like that is why conflicts end the way they do.

So once again, I never argued that point, but on the same note would anyone in this thread care to argue that they know more about combat than me, feel free to list reasons that would make you more knowledgeable than myself.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Don't you know that most of the chariborne rangers that post so much knowledge of TTP's, SOP's and ROE's got their diplomas online? That certifies them their profound knowledge they have on these matters...:S. You know it will be always US faults for their gung ho soldiers how know nothing better than them:S:S
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Are you going to inform yourself about then comment upon the actual incident or just stick with ad-hominem attacks (and other logical fallacies) on people who clearly know more about the specific facts than you?

Your particular brand of horseshit seems to have special appeal in America (it's a cultural thing I guess) but it comes off as gobshite to Brits, many of whom also know a heck of a lot more about this incident than you through watching the occasional newscast. Soldiers are respected in the UK but they'd never expect a free pass to gobshite their way through any debate when they're too lazy to even learn the basic details, and insult people without addressing a single fact that has been presented.

Try making an on topic post that isn't predecated on a logical fallacy.

Try not to demonstrate in yet another post that shooting first and asking questions later is what you do best.

Are you going to inform yourself about then comment upon the actual incident or just stick with ad-hominem attacks (and other logical fallacies) on people who clearly know more about the specific facts than you?

If I had the ability at the moment to watch the video I would, I apologize for spending the last week living on a couch at work because I sold my home prior to leaving for Iraq, sorry I chose to serve, next time I commit to a career I'll make sure I have the ability to watch internet videos first.

If you would take two seconds to read my post you may realize that I said I was not trying to argue this particular incident, rather I was trying to stand up for MY country, and MY military as countless people were making insults about myself and all Americans. God forbid I would stick up for my brothers in arms, it's called loyalty and patriotism, ever heard of it?

Try making an on topic post that isn't predecated on a logical fallacy.

Point out one of mine that was.

Try not to demonstrate in yet another post that shooting first and asking questions later is what you do best.

And I have done this where?

It's simple, everytime someone starts a thread about an incident in Iraq countless people chime in and talk about how wrong it was and how it is supposed to be handled differently. Funny thing is the majority of the people opening their mouths have no military experience. So how does me commenting on how things actually work consitute a logical fallacy??

Once again I will apologize for serving my country as it does not allow me to open the link at the beginning of the thread, but I won't apologize for correcting the BS that people post about the C2 infrastructure on the battlefield because last time I checked I've been around it a few times.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

If I had the ability at the moment to watch the video I would, I apologize for spending the last week living on a couch at work because I sold my home prior to leaving for Iraq, sorry I chose to serve, next time I commit to a career I'll make sure I have the ability to watch internet videos first.

I respect your service but nobody made you post what you did. There is a pretty complete text transcript earlier in this thread. It incudes one pilot saying that they're screwed because of the orange panels after learning they had attacked friendly forces.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2657352#2657352

You should also read a post by SkyChimp on rules of engagement and his briefings on colored panels. Argue credentials with him.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2657033#2657033

No video downloads required.