nigel99

Video of friendly fire

And now I'm leanring that Colin Polwell was involved in covering up the My Lai massacre.

You didn't know? I'm surprised.:o

Got link showing his direct involvement of covering up the My Lai massacre?

About 178,000 links here.

Re-read my question and then try again. I said direct involvement, not any kind of loose relationship.

I did a google for george washinton beat slaves and got over 1 million hits. I wonder how many of those links talk about him beating slaves???

Please provide solid concrete PROOF that Pelosi said "I want my jet".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Any comment on your bogus claim of:
"Well, it is a fact that in Gulf War I, 38% of British fatalities were killed by US forces."

You have a very short memory. It has already been answered in this very thread. 24 British troops KIA, 9 by US forces.

I'm just wondering why the other 23 soldiers who died in Gulf War I don't count as "British fatalities"?

The "fact" you claimed was false.

And now I'm leanring that Colin Polwell was involved in covering up the My Lai massacre.

You didn't know? I'm surprised.:o

About 178,000 links here.

Re-read my question and then try again. I said direct involvement, not any kind of loose relationship.

I did a google for george washinton beat slaves and got over 1 million hits. I wonder how many of those links talk about him beating slaves???

Please provide solid concrete PROOF that Pelosi said "I want my jet".

Funny how you excluded the second part of that quote.

I look forward to seeing how you dodge this one. LOL

Dodgeball, baby. You're the best.

The title of the Pelosi thread was hyperbole. sorry you missed it.

"Well, it is a fact that in Gulf War I, 38% of British fatalities were killed by US forces."

You have a very short memory. It has already been answered in this very thread. 24 British troops KIA, 9 by US forces.

I'm just wondering why the other 23 soldiers who died in Gulf War I don't count as "British fatalities"?

Being killed in a traffic accident in Saudi is not KIA. 38% of the British KIA in GF1 were killed by US forces. Does THAT make you feel proud now?

There is abundant evidence of an attempted Pentagon cover up about My Lai, in fact it's not even disputed by anyone except you. Try reading some history and find out who the players were. I provided a bunch of links - read them.

Dorbie - covering up US military fuck-ups is what this whole thread is about.

You're a college professor and this is how you use Google???? Oi! The state of the american education system!

You typed in:

colin powell my lai

Which does in fact return 178,000 links to pages that have those WORDS but you should have searched for:

"colin powell" "my lai"

Which limits results to pages that actually have those PHRASES. There are 10.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

You're a college professor and this is how you use Google???? Oi! The state of the american education system!

You typed in:

colin powell my lai

Which does in fact return 178,000 links to pages that have those WORDS but you should have searched for:

"colin powell" "my lai"

Which limits results to pages that actually have those PHRASES. There are 10.

Does that in any way invalidate the statement that Major Colin Powell was involved in the attempted cover up of the My Lai massacre?

Did the first links that came up contain that information?

Being killed in a traffic accident in Kuwait is not KIA. 38% of the British KIA in GF1 were killed by US forces. Does THAT make you feel proud now?

So those other 23 soldiers who died while serving in Iraq (or Kuwait) during the Gulf War I don't count as fatalities?
-----------------------------------------------------------

There is abundant evidence of an attempted Pentagon cover up about My Lai, in fact it's not even disputed by anyone except you.

I never said anything of the sort. This is another one of your implied LIES!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------

Try reading some history and find out who the players were. I provided a bunch of links - read them.

What a load of crap. You provided a boatload of generic inform. How about providing a single link (preferably an actual quote), that directly addresses the claim you made?

Does that in any way invalidate the statement that Major Colin Powell was involved in the attempted cover up of the My Lai massacre?

I have absolutely no idea about Colin Powell and My Lai or My Tai.

But that's atrocious scholarship and makes you look really bad.

I have absolutely no idea about Colin Powell and My Lai or My Tai.

But that's atrocious scholarship and makes you look really bad.

Wasn't scholarship at all - this is DZ.COM, not New England Journal of Medicine.

The information he asked for was all on the first page to come up.

Are you, or are you not, disputing that the Pentagon tried to cover up the My Lai massacre and that Major Powell was involved? Or are you just arguing because you like the sound of your own keystrokes?

Are you or are you not disputing that 9 of 24 British KIA in GF1 were killed by Americans? Or are you just arguing because you like the sound of your own keystrokes?

Wasn't scholarship at all - this is DZ.COM, not New England Journal of Medicine.

Ah, got it. Your Dropzone arguments are "Any crap that you can type."

I'm embarassed sometimes when the people who I often agree with have such unbelievably low standards.

Of course sometimes I agree with ncclimber and rushmc too. Same thing. Ugh. :S

Are you, or are you not, disputing that the Pentagon tried to cover up the My Lai massacre

No. Absolutely not.

and that Major Powell was involved?

I asked about his DIRECT involvement of the coverup of that specific incident?

So far you've done a fine job of ducking the issue.

Are you or are you not disputing that 9 of 24 British KIA in GF1 were killed by Americans?

Absolutely not. I'm just exposing another of your bogus claims.

Are you, or are you not, disputing that the Pentagon tried to cover up the My Lai massacre

No. Absolutely not.

What do you mean by "direct". Either he was involved or he wasn't. The evidence indicates very clearly that he was involved.

Are you or are you not disputing that 9 of 24 British KIA in GF1 were killed by Americans?

9/24 = 38% (rounded to nearest integer). Maybe you live in an alternate reality where arithmetic is different.

Did you have to pull your socks off for that calc?

Or were you already wearing sandals?

(unless you wear socks with sandals)

:P:D:D:D:D:D

How are you today John?

I'm fine, thanks:)contest I'm running on Thursday. The kids have no idea how much effort goes into running contests like this.

How 'bout you, Randy?

No. Absolutely not.

What do you mean by "direct". Either he was involved or he wasn't. The evidence indicates very clearly that he was involved.

Still waiting on a link that shows his involvement in covering up the My Lai Massacre.

9/24 = 38% (rounded to nearest integer). Maybe you live in an alternate reality where arithmetic is different.

Please tell me where the statement below excludes non-combat fatalities!

No. Absolutely not.

Still waiting on a link that shows his involvement in covering up the My Lai Massacre.

Well, I expect a lot of Brits were killed in traffic accidents in London that week too. Do you want to include those to make the US "friendly" fire numbers look even better?

All you are doing here is emphasizing over and over that the US forces have a miserable record of killing their allies. 9/24 of the British KIA in GF1. Good job, NCc.

Here's another one for you to ponder.

Well, I expect a lot of Brits were killed in traffic accidents in London that week too. Do you want to include those to make the US "friendly" fire numbers look even better?

you're a slippery one. :D:D:D

All you are doing here is emphasizing over and over that the US forces have a miserable record of killing their allies. 9/24 of the British KIA in GF1.

Or we could tweak it the other way and make this about the number on incidents of US on UK troops....

What's that? One? A miserable record indeed.

As far as I'm concerned it was a tragedy that the US military should completely own up to. Trying to use it a single event to portray the US as having "a miserable record of killing their allies" is pretty low brow, as well as misleading.

you're a slippery one. :D:D:D

All you are doing here is emphasizing over and over that the US forces have a miserable record of killing their allies. 9/24 of the British KIA in GF1.

Or we could tweak it the other way and make this about the number on incidents of US on UK troops....

What's that? One? A miserable record indeed.

As far as I'm concerned it was a tragedy that the US military should completely own up to. Trying to use it a single event to portray the US as having "a miserable record of killing their allies" is pretty low brow, as well as misleading.

Well, the bombing of Hiroshima was just one incident too. I guess we shouldn't count the dead.

You're a slippery one.

Still waiting on a link showing how Colin Powell covered up the My Lai massacre.

Failed to cover it up would be more accurate. The Pentagon's attempt failed. I never claimed it succeeded, that's you trying to muddy the waters.

Still waiting or your PROOF that Pelosi said "I want my jet"

You're a slippery one.

Still waiting on a link showing how Colin Powell covered up the My Lai massacre.

Failed to cover it up would be more accurate. The Pentagon's attempt failed. I never claimed it succeeded, that's you trying to muddy the waters.

And still you've repeatedly dodged my requests to provide evidence that Colin Powell tried to cover up the massacre. SSDD

Still waiting or your PROOF that Pelosi said "I want my jet"

It was sarcastic hyperbole, based on what was being incorrectly claimed by some GOP knotheads. Sorry you missed that.