shropshire

US T.V company causes Terror alert

I cannot believe that people actually thought these devices were the work of terrorists. Have we all sunk so low as to be frightened by simple electronic gadgets? I also love how the media spells out the acronym for LED (Light Emitting Diodes) in order to exacerabate the situation.

And now they are arresting people because some technologically-inept person thought it was a bomb. Ridiculous.

Gotta run.....I have to disable the blinking red alarm LED on the dashboard of my car, as someone in Boston might think it's a bomb.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

>Have we all sunk so low as to be frightened by simple electronic gadgets?

Well, yeah. Fear is one of the best political tools there is, and politicians realize it's value. A fearful populace wants protection, and will allow the government to get away with whatever it wants in the name of safety. An apropos quote from a recent movie:

"What we need is a clear message to the people of the country. This message should be read in every newspaper, heard on every radio, seen on every television. This message must resound throughout the entire internet. I want this country to realize that we stand on the edge of oblivion! I want every man, woman, and child to understand how close we are to chaos! I want everyone to remember why they need us!"

>And now they are arresting people because some
>technologically-inept person thought it was a bomb.

This convinces them they are not powerless before their fear. They now have a target for it - the guy who built this. And they can claim it was not fear, but rather something more noble, like a desire to protect others from harm.

I think we are really missing the big statement here. Well actually there are two:

"SUCK IT, DENVER!"

and

"Mooninites Unite and Unihilate, no one can defeat the quad laser, the bullet is enormous!"

:D

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

An apropos quote from a recent movie:

"What we need is a clear message to the people of the country. This message should be read in every newspaper, heard on every radio, seen on every television. This message must resound throughout the entire internet. I want this country to realize that we stand on the edge of oblivion! I want every man, woman, and child to understand how close we are to chaos! I want everyone to remember why they need us!"

so what movie was that?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Oh and I forgot to add that that image has been a GIANT FUCKING BILLBOARD AD here in denver for the last several months. It glows in the dark and is very, very rad.

The water in Boston must turn you into a giant pussy or something.

.jim

Police in the US city of Boston are investigating a major American media corporation for causing a security alert that closed bridges and roads.

Bit of fun or dick-heads?

clicky

Sounds like a great marketing tool to me. It now has country wide media coverage. And Boston, please clean the sand out of your massive vagina
Swoop and Poop....my favorite things to photograph

Anyone who saw those "devices" and thought they were a bomb is obviously a complete and total idiot.

If someone wants to make an invisible bomb now, all he has to do is stick it inside a box with an LED figurine on the front.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Regardless of the reaction by the US Government employees, what's annoying is the dickhead media press coverage and the typical dickhead gobbing off by the dickheads who allowed themselves to seduced by what they read or seen on the media.

Then again, wasn't it all a bit over the top?

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm sorry - just ignore me and I'll mag to grid.

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

One of the billboards was right around Broadway and Evans, near DU campus. A friend of mine saw another one downtown, though I'm not sure where.

I just about wrecked my car when I saw it the first time, because I was laughing my ass off. It's black during the day, and then the mooninite glows purple at night.:D

.jim

One of the billboards was right around Broadway and Evans, near DU campus. A friend of mine saw another one downtown, though I'm not sure where.

I just about wrecked my car when I saw it the first time, because I was laughing my ass off. It's black during the day, and then the mooninite glows purple at night.:D

.jim

Nice. I drive through that intersection every day on the way home from work. I'll have to look for it.

we have a local chain of hamburger restaurants, which uses an electronic tool, about three 3 inches in diameter, which buzzes and lights up when a persons order is ready for pickup.......You wait in line, place your order and pay for it... and they give you this little "notifier",,, around which your ENTIRE WORLD revolves,,,, for the next 10 minutes....:|:S[:/]B|;)
it has a dozen or more L E D lights on it and some type of built in buzzer......It sounds,,, lights up, and like a proper android,, the person JUMPS right up and heads for the "pick-up counter"... hahahaha
like a cell phone that goes off in a crowd.. when ANY of these things light up.... EVERYone in a 20 foot radius, checks their device,,,, like some sort of Pavlovian Dog... hahahaha

it sure is NOT a bomb.......
but the same cannot be said about their "monster-burger w/ fries"...:ph34r::DB|

jmy